ADVERTISEMENT

Projected 3A teams

I assume Crest and KM will stay in the Big South, just swapping out Huss for South Point. It would make the most sense for West Charlotte, West Meck and Harding to join, but that would put the conference at 10 teams...not ideal so I don’t see that happening unless they really want 10 teams...Crest and KM would probably be stuck in a conference with Catawba County schools and maybe East Lincoln and North Lincoln like they were 20 years ago if they put the Charlotte schools in the Big South. On the other hand they might prefer going there instead of Charlotte. Of course this isn’t official so you could still see some teams in different classifications.

Not a fan of this proposal but the only thing you can do is play who is on your schedule and compete.

I assume Crest and KM will stay in the Big South, just swapping out Huss for South Point. It would make the most sense for West Charlotte, West Meck and Harding to join, but that would put the conference at 10 teams...not ideal so I don’t see that happening unless they really want 10 teams...Crest and KM would probably be stuck in a conference with Catawba County schools and maybe East Lincoln and North Lincoln like they were 20 years ago if they put the Charlotte schools in the Big South. On the other hand they might prefer going there instead of Charlotte. Of course this isn’t official so you could still see some teams in different classifications.

You probably have the right idea with Gaston joining Meck and Crest/KM looking north.

If this happens ,Pisgah ,Tuscola ,all three Henderson county teama,Franklin,and Smoky .should be in same conference just like four years ago except Brevard, only difference all will be 3A.

I wasn’t expecting to find West Cabarrus in the projected 4A slot... but sure enough, there they were.
I’m still trying to wrap my head around this formula before I form an opinion. It’s definitely different!

Speaking of West Cabarrus... did it open on time this school year? I haven’t been paying much attention this year.

Using these class projections from HSOT, I spent some time to do some conference projections....must say that it's easier to accomplish this task with the East/West cutline predetermined and definite

Using these class projections from HSOT, I spent some time to do some conference projections....must say that it's easier to accomplish this task with the East/West cutline predetermined and definite
I don’t know why I didn’t think about putting East Lincoln, North Lincoln and Lake Norman Charter with the Charlotte schools. That would work. I do not like putting Bandys and Maiden with East and West Rowan. It’s an hour and 21 minutes between Maiden and East Rowan. But he told me on Twitter he could put Foard in that conference and move East Rowan to the Davidson-Winston conference. It’s not quite as far to West Rowan.

No way Hickory Ridge heads to Charlotte to play when you have a 4A conference in Cabarrus county. They will fight to stay and play in their own county...Cabarrus.

Reactions: tarheelg

Just saw your predicts for Sandhills 4A and Patriot 3A....BAM! I had the exact same teams. The 3A was very easy...LOL

Reactions: tarheelg
No way Hickory Ridge heads to Charlotte to play when you have a 4A conference in Cabarrus county. They will fight to stay and play in their own county...Cabarrus.
Agreed, I was going to make that comment in the 4A board. I think he left that conference alone just because it already exists now. He lives in the eastern part of the state and isn’t familiar with the geography of western NC.

Especially with NW Cabarrus, Concord, and Central Cabarrus staying at 3A

I don’t know why I didn’t think about putting East Lincoln, North Lincoln and Lake Norman Charter with the Charlotte schools. That would work. I do not like putting Bandys and Maiden with East and West Rowan. It’s an hour and 21 minutes between Maiden and East Rowan. But he told me on Twitter he could put Foard in that conference and move East Rowan to the Davidson-Winston conference. It’s not quite as far to West Rowan.

what Davidson-Winston conference?

Conference 22, 23 and 24 need to be totally redone. They should take all of the 4A schools and put them in one conference, then you created two all 3A conferences. They screwed the pooch on this one. These Split Conferences make no sense and increases travel time.

Reactions: pooh9
Conference 22, 23 and 24 need to be totally redone. They should take all of the 4A schools and put them in one conference, then you created two all 3A conferences. They screwed the pooch on this one. These Split Conferences make no sense and increases travel time.

I totally agree. That is what I was thinking before they posted them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT