ADVERTISEMENT

Prelims are now posted

Looks like the Lady Eagles will be going east and playing Roanoke Rapids in the First Round.

And then travel 247 miles one way to Croatan, if they both win....on a school night.
Well at least blue ridge is a 24 seed once again with a winning record this time. The cherryville pine lake game is a joke. Would not want to miss that barnburner

Well at least blue ridge is a 24 seed once again with a winning record this time. The cherryville pine lake game is a joke. Would not want to miss that barnburner
But what does it matter? East Surry and Murphy are in top form. Avery cannot finish games off. I would be surprised if they make it to 3rd round next Saturday.

what kind of team does Swain girls have? Can they beat HD?

Very young team, only one senior with so many underclassmen that they didn't even field a JV this year. They beat North Stokes by 20 in a holiday tournament, as a point of comparison for you NWC guys. I think it is possible but unlikely that they beat HD.

Reactions: GreyGod623
And then travel 247 miles one way to Croatan, if they both win....on a school night.

The other thing that is puzzling is that East Davidson finished third in the conference and they have to play in the East bracket. Lower seeded teams in the CCC that made the state playoffs were able to stay in the West. Absolutely makes no sense at all.

The finish in the CCC has nothing to do with what region the teams were placed in. North Davidson/Ledford girls were the breaking points for the West/East Region ( ND went to the West and Ledford went East). The teams that qualified that finished below East (W Davidson, S Rowan, Lexington, N Davidson) are all located west of East Davidson.

The finish in the CCC has nothing to do with what region the teams were placed in. North Davidson/Ledford girls were the breaking points for the West/East Region ( ND went to the West and Ledford went East). The teams that qualified that finished below East (W Davidson, S Rowan, Lexington, N Davidson) are all located west of East Davidson.

NCprepbball that makes a it a little easier to understand. We certainly didn't help ourselves out by losing 5 games by 2 points each either. I guess the part that is puzzling to me is the economics part of it with all of the travel that some of these teams have to endure during the course of the school week.

Reactions: recycled2
I agree. It’s so unusual to see East and Ledford in the East region.
If Ledford wins Tuesday, they will most likely have a four hour drive to Croatan, on a Thursday night.

Of course, there is no one great solution. I still like this seeding process much better than the pre-determined brackets.

Of course, there is no one great solution. I still like this seeding process much better than the pre-determined brackets.
Definitely better this year. The high ranked teams that play tough schedules are in playoffs this year regardless of conference finish. Still like pod system better. Lot of different conference matchups instead of teams playing each other 4 or 5 times

Definitely better this year. The high ranked teams that play tough schedules are in playoffs this year regardless of conference finish. Still like pod system better. Lot of different conference matchups instead of teams playing each other 4 or 5 times
You want see your typical blowouts in 2 15 games or 3 14 games

The pod system actually had more matchups from the same conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT