ADVERTISEMENT

Preliminary women's brackets

I thought in a 4 team league you get 1 automatic? The little Smokey got 3 out of 4 in!!
North moore should have been in to be honest. But I'm still trying to figure this out. 1a brackets will be changing there was a error reported by a conf president

Rule change that after automatic bids they start taking all 3's from every conference. Just like in the mens you will see mitchell get in over a verry good east surry team. Seeding rules get worse every year.

What exactly is the adjusted rankings? Why not post those, if they are different than the regular rankings?

Anyone know when the guys prelims will be released?

With the latest update Murphy, Cherokee, Robbinsville and Mitchell all on the same side of the bracket.

Also looks like Avery is out and ranked #10 overall. Just crazy

One thing about it without a bunch of upsets Mitchell would have to win the SMC in order to advance to face Mt. Airy in the semis, talk bout murders row. Not sure the Mountaineers have enough offense.

GO Mountaineers

Last edited:
Speaking of the fairness...Look at West Davidson girls. Finished 35th in the adjusted Maxpreps 2A rankings and did not make the playoffs simply because they finished 5th out of a 10 team conference. Meanwhile, there are teams that finished in the 90s that made the play offs. Still needs to be a better solution.

Remember the rankings are based on adjusted Maxpreps ratings. They do not take the point diff. into consideration

what times r all the games played at usually?
Usually, if a school has a doubleheader in the playoffs, the girls start at 6 and the boys start at 7:30. If it’s just one game it starts at 7... but the school, I think, can decide what time they play the game(s).

Reactions: Kevin2346
Usually, if a school has a doubleheader in the playoffs, the girls start at 6 and the boys start at 7:30. If it’s just one game it starts at 7... but the school, I think, can decide what time they play the game(s).

Sometimes a single game may start at 6 if extreme travel is involved, must be agreed upon by both teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT