ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball Preliminary And Final Women's Basketball Brackets

NCHSAA has pulled all the girls brackets because they're hilariously wrong.

I really don't understand what is so difficult for schools about reporting correct information to MaxPreps.

Wow possible sec round matchups
MA at WS PREP
Bishop at Atkins
Could be Graystone Day vs Atkins

First round upset watch I'm picking Andrews over Lincoln Charter.
You have done your homework. I know you shouldn't compare scores because this game is a game of match-ups. I did look them up and notice Hiwassee Dam beat them 92 to 20. Could be a even game going by that. Lol. If the road trip doesn't kill us hopefully we will show up to play. LC is a very young team with only 3 seniors on a 11 player squad and they avg 45 points a game. I'm not impressed by their stats but I don't know how strong their conference is either. I predict the Wildcats to pull the upset also in a close game

What about elkin Albemarle and swain who walks out that bunch?
Swain is playing very good ball. The new Coach has really turned this bunch of ladies into a solid team. The addition of the new player this year has really made them a good team. I felt like they played toe to toe with Cherokee for a half. I think foul trouble and not a very deep bench was the difference

Swain is playing very good ball. The new Coach has really turned this bunch of ladies into a solid team. The addition of the new player this year has really made them a good team. I felt like they played toe to toe with Cherokee for a half. I think foul trouble and not a very deep bench was the difference

I'm not sure about either one haven't heard anything about them. LOL that's why I was asking I know about Albemarle and the teams from around this direction. Elkin looks pretty tough.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
All 5 starters are good athletes and are capable of scoring. They all 5 are also good ball handlers and they really hustle. This is Swain I'm referring to

I think that NCHSAA try to come into the 21 century and use computer rankings to help seed this play-off brackets. Prep and Mount Airy are two teams that should meet in the third round at the earliest in my opinion, not possible in the second round. The possibility of Atkins and Bishop meeting in the second round is a shame. Good Luck to all the teams Prep and HD would make a great Western Regional Final

I think that NCHSAA try to come into the 21 century and use computer rankings to help seed this play-off brackets. Prep and Mount Airy are two teams that should meet in the third round at the earliest in my opinion, not possible in the second round. The possibility of Atkins and Bishop meeting in the second round is a shame. Good Luck to all the teams Prep and HD would make a great Western Regional Final
I been thinking the same thing tonignt ! Top ranked teams in the same conference should not meet till the 3rd or 4th round .........

I would have to disagree. Some
Of these teams have padded their schedule and not really played anybody all season. CSD a 1 seed got beat by 30 by South Stanly who is a 3 seed.

You know prep went out and played people their ranking and results are warranted. You look at teams like prep bishop MA Atkins Albemarle Etc who have went out and played quality opponents. Union academy who did not make the playoffs beat mountain island charter and I think would be close to beating CSD if not beat them.

Wildcat why don't u start a post about swain ? They got several transfers U haven't seen growing up??? seems like double standard you say good job swain but you question cherokee ?

Reactions: Shelbylou14
Wildcat why don't u start a post about swain ? They got several transfers U haven't seen growing up??? seems like double standard you say good job swain but you question cherokee ?
Lol. Here we go. I just mentioned it No need to start a thread because I found out the answer to the Swain transfer and her Dad helps coach. I found this out from our coach. I had no other way of finding out about Cherokee so I asked a question ! But after all the comments about it I learned my lesson. I apologized earlier but I guess this was a touchy subject. My gosh, you think I was BK13

Last edited:
By the way, someone had asked s question about Swain and I commented about their team. They didn't ask about Cherokee or I would have bragged on them or any other SMC team. And just to let you know I wasn't bashing or being negative I was at the Championships Friday night and set amongst the Cherokee people and pulled for the Braves in both games ! In football I always support the original small 1A teams because of our numbers, No Double standard, just a question on a forum with other adults !

Lol. Here we go. I just mentioned it No need to start a thread because I found out the answer to the Swain transfer and her Dad helps coach. I found this out from our coach. I had no other way of finding out about Cherokee so I asked a question ! But after all the comments about it I learned my lesson. I apologized earlier but I guess this was a touchy subject. My gosh, you think I was BK13

Yes, Swains best player's dad offered to bring her to Cherokee if he had a job offer. Cherokee politely declined the offer. The dad now works for Swain County Schools!! Do your own interpretation!!!

Yes, Swains best player's dad offered to bring her to Cherokee if he had a job offer. Cherokee politely declined the offer. The dad now works for Swain County Schools!! Do your own interpretation!!!
My understanding was they came over from Franklin with the New Coach. For all the Swain people, I'm not complaining !! Keep in mind guys that I live in Andrews. I don't have to ask questions about HD, Hayesville, Murphy and Robbinsville because I see these teams more often and from youth on up. When it comes to Cherokee, Swain or Rosman it is just a few games a year

I also heard that is how the boys team added two good players, by giving their father a job. Is that true?

By the way, someone had asked s question about Swain and I commented about their team. They didn't ask about Cherokee or I would have bragged on them or any other SMC team. And just to let you know I wasn't bashing or being negative I was at the Championships Friday night and set amongst the Cherokee people and pulled for the Braves in both games ! In football I always support the original small 1A teams because of our numbers, No Double standard, just a question on a forum with other adults !

I asked about swain and elkin and I didn't think you were questioning Cherokee but rather just asking a question. Braves I don't think anybody took as wildcat was attacking Cherokee just asking a question.

Where did you hear this? Because I am pretty sure he just coaches and does not work for the school system as a teacher or anything.

I would have to disagree. Some
Of these teams have padded their schedule and not really played anybody all season. CSD a 1 seed got beat by 30 by South Stanly who is a 3 seed.

Elkin's only win worth anything is the one(s) over North Wilkes.

A LOT of 1A schools started seriously padding their schedules with frosting covered, cream filled cupcakes when the pods went away to try and avoid lengthy road trips in the playoffs, which is understandable to some degree. However, it's going to be a rude awakening for them in the playoffs when they get run early by a team whose record doesn't indicate their level of talent (see: West Montgomery last year).

since our HSAA wants to use a sports site to set the playoffs, then I'm fine with it, BUT,if schools do not turn in correct info as they have been instructed, fines and loss of playoff privileges may hit home...uncalled for that teams,especially the girls, wait so long for pairings because so-called responsible people can't turn in something simple as their teams record....

since our HSAA wants to use a sports site to set the playoffs, then I'm fine with it, BUT,if schools do not turn in correct info as they have been instructed, fines and loss of playoff privileges may hit home...uncalled for that teams,especially the girls, wait so long for pairings because so-called responsible people can't turn in something simple as their teams record....
They HSAA need to move into the 21st century and use the technology available to seed the tournament. I understand wanting to reward your conference teams with a home play-off game, but after the top 8(Conference champions) The rest should be base off strength of schedule. It is laughable that a team that is like Highlands gets a home play-off game with a 5-17 record. They lose to HD 74-27 in the conference tourney yet a team like East Wilkes that is 14-8 has to go on the road

They HSAA need to move into the 21st century and use the technology available to seed the tournament. I understand wanting to reward your conference teams with a home play-off game, but after the top 8(Conference champions) The rest should be base off strength of schedule. It is laughable that a team that is like Highlands gets a home play-off game with a 5-17 record. They lose to HD 74-27 in the conference tourney yet a team like East Wilkes that is 14-8 has to go on the road

Look at Union Academy's schedule and they got left out of the playoffs. I think their final record was 7-15 for seeding but they played a tough tough schedule as well.

I also heard that is how the boys team added two good players, by giving their father a job. Is that true?
i agree and I am from the Big SMC. We are small schools also but they are only 4 teams in the Little SMC. Each year it is the same scenario with their 2nd place team getting a home game with a 4 to 8 win season. The one question I have is I have seen other conferences with 1 to 3 loss seasons get run off the court when it comes to playoffs. So can the Computer generated strength of schedule solve the problem?

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
I guess we will find out when Highland Tech with a 12-14 season travel to Highlands 6-16. A 3 seed out of a very weak conference against a 2 seed from a conference that has the powerhouse Hiawassee Dam and Highlands also plays the Big SMC power teams Cherokee, Robbinsville etc. I will be interesting to see

i agree and I am from the Big SMC. We are small schools also but they are only 4 teams in the Little SMC. Each year it is the same scenario with their 2nd place team getting a home game with a 4 to 8 win season. The one question I have is I have seen other conferences with 1 to 3 loss seasons get run off the court when it comes to playoffs. So can the Computer generated strength of schedule solve the problem?

I'd like the SMC to get rid of the Big Smoky and Little Smoky and go back to having the Smoky Mountain East and Smoky Mountain West conferences in basketball. I thought that might happen with Polk moving back down, since they were in the Smoky Mountain East before (I think they went to Big Smoky/Little Smoky in 2001), but no such luck. In the next realignment, Polk and Thomas Jefferson could join the SMC and you'd have a 9-team league for football, then you'd have 13 basketball schools and could split them into two leagues geographically to get rid of the situation where 5-win LSMC teams get home playoff games.

I guess we will find out when Highland Tech with a 12-14 season travel to Highlands 6-16. A 3 seed out of a very weak conference against a 2 seed from a conference that has the powerhouse Hiawassee Dam and Highlands also plays the Big SMC power teams Cherokee, Robbinsville etc. I will be interesting to see

Highland tech is out of CSD conference correct?

Highland tech is out of CSD conference correct?
Yes, if you look at their schedules the top 2 or 3 teams year on year out have 1 to 3 losses a year but get thrashed in the first round of the state playoffs. I'm not bashing their conference but I take that is weak due to how they all lose in the first round

I'd like the SMC to get rid of the Big Smoky and Little Smoky and go back to having the Smoky Mountain East and Smoky Mountain West conferences in basketball. I thought that might happen with Polk moving back down, since they were in the Smoky Mountain East before (I think they went to Big Smoky/Little Smoky in 2001), but no such luck. In the next realignment, Polk and Thomas Jefferson could join the SMC and you'd have a 9-team league for football, then you'd have 13 basketball schools and could split them into two leagues geographically to get rid of the situation where 5-win LSMC teams get home playoff games.
Very interesting. Wow, what a league. Especially football !!

Yes, if you look at their schedules the top 2 or 3 teams year on year out have 1 to 3 losses a year but get thrashed in the first round of the state playoffs. I'm not bashing their conference but I take that is weak due to how they all lose in the first round

South stanly beat them by 30 (CSD) they are our 3rd seed out of our conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT