ADVERTISEMENT

Prelim brackets are out

Ardrey Kell and S Meck get to tee it up all over again next Friday night. Never been a big fan of that. Still looking......

Vance at Catholic is gonna draw some interest. Still like Red Pain in this one.

Robinson at S Iredell, tough draw for SI
Asheville at Erwin x2

Last edited:
North Davidson won the draw over Reagan last night. ND should be, what, the 4 seed overall?

Talked with Brodowicz, he wishes we would do away with the dropping a loss. Undefeated and get the lowest possible seed.
Oh well, Catholic will be ready for Vance. South Meck/AK is really interesting. That is a big rivalry game, now a playoff rivalry.
Scotland/Catholic 3rd round and Dudley/Kannapolis 3rd round are really exciting possible matchups!!
Kannapolis will make a big run

Reactions: SCOTSFF
Spoke with the previous director of the NCHSAA. If the coaches/schools want the one loss deal dropped or modified, which he emphasized, all they need to do is vote it to be changed. Once again the coaches association bears the onus of change.

My personal opinion is allow the drop. If you have a true undefeated team and a team with a loss, then the true record becomes the first tie breaker.

Last edited:
Reactions: ForsythFootball
Spoke with the previous director of the NCHSAA. If the coaches/schools want the one loss deal dropped or modified, which he emphasised, all they need to do is vote it to be changed. Once again the coaches association bears the onus of change.

My personal opinion is allow the drop. If you have a true undefeated team and a team with a loss, then the true record becomes the first tie breaker.
Makes sense. I think the coaches like to talk the talk, but not actually do anything about it.

So how do you handle a 10-1 team and a 10-0 team that are both conf champs. Do you penalize the a team for playing 11 games? The only way to not drop losses would be if every team played the same number of games.

If you take the NCAA playoff approach, you reward teams that play extra games (SEC, ACC, Big 10) and penalize those that don't (Big 12)

ND won the draw over Reagan, not a reporting error. That seed for ND makes no sense......

ND won the draw over Reagan, not a reporting error. That seed for ND makes no sense......
Then it will be changed in the next bracket as long as someone from the CPC or one of the schools reports the error to the NCHSAA. That's the whole point of having prelim brackets.

So how do you handle a 10-1 team and a 10-0 team that are both conf champs. Do you penalize the a team for playing 11 games? The only way to not drop losses would be if every team played the same number of games.

If you take the NCAA playoff approach, you reward teams that play extra games (SEC, ACC, Big 10) and penalize those that don't (Big 12)

That may be the reason the coaches have not pushed for a change. If both team play 11 games and one is dropping a loss and the other is undefeated in 11 games I think you lean to the 11 game results as the tiebreaker.

I think undefeated trumps 10-1 but it is hard to compare NC high school to the FBS. The difference in conference strength is huge, such as the MECK v a split 3A/4A conference but tougher to judge in many cases. I think overall the NCHSAA does a good job. There are so many variables it is tough to make a perfect rule.

East Forsyth wins draw for number one.....again! Amazing! Simply amazing!

So, apparently the brackets are final according to the NCHSAA web-site. They make the CPC draw for seeding because of the 3 way tie, yet don't abide by how the drawing went last night. North Davidson won the draw over Reagan, yet they give Reagan the better playoff seed. Yes, Reagan defeated North Davidson, but if they were going to do head to head why make the conference have a draw after last nights games?

Reactions: NDAnnouncer
Got to love split 3A/4A conferences. Roberson was the top 4A team in that conference. They are seeded with all other Conference Champs as a #1

Got to love split 3A/4A conferences. Roberson was the top 4A team in that conference. They are seeded with all other Conference Champs as a #1
Huge issue. I do not have a problem if the smaller classification first place finished in a split conference gets a one seed but no way should a higher classification team get a seed higher than what they actually finished in the conference.

The CPC draw was for all 3 teams to figure out 1/2/3 in the conference. Head to head should not have mattered for seeding because they were not in the same tier.

North Davidson should have been seeded with the 2's and Reagan is seeded with the 3's. Even if they looked at head-to-head that is only if they report the same record which they did not. N Davidson has a better record.

The CPC draw was for all 3 teams to figure out 1/2/3 in the conference. Head to head should not have mattered for seeding because they were not in the same tier.

North Davidson should have been seeded with the 2's and Reagan is seeded with the 3's. Even if they looked at head-to-head that is only if they report the same record which they did not. N Davidson has a better record.

So you agree that North Davidson should be seeded ahead of Reagan?

Unless the report of the draw was wrong. I was using what someone posted here. If the "official" report was different, that would make sense. If the NCHSAA just made and error, the only way it will be fixed is if someone from N Davidson complains before the brackets are FINAL. Reagan won't say anything obviously.

If you schedule 11 games then your record should reflect 11 games. Undefeated is undefeated. Teams shouldn't be allowed to drop a game. Don't schedule the game if you don't want it to count. NCHSAA should count every game, we are watering down the true meaning of overall champion.

If you schedule 11 games then your record should reflect 11 games. Undefeated is undefeated. Teams shouldn't be allowed to drop a game. Don't schedule the game if you don't want it to count. NCHSAA should count every game, we are watering down the true meaning of overall champion.
I agree 100%, but what about an undefeated team that played 10 games like Catholic? Should the 1-2 draw then be between CC/Scotland?

Reactions: SCOTSFF
North Davidson got hosed on this big time.

Well, it's not that they got hosed, it's that they made the three co-champs from the CPC have a draw for seedings last night after North Davidson beat West Forsyth, when obviously there was no need for it. If they were going to go for the head-to-head wins and losses, their was no need in the three teams wasting their time having the draw. Who knows, this is a screwed up state when it comes to playoff seedings anyway.:rolleyes:

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT