ADVERTISEMENT

Pre season west top 10

That was a great post Mitchell , I will say this , we hate seeing a smc team roll in to the granite city , no matter what the record or seed is, you know you are gonna get hit every play all game long like you haven’t ever been hit before!! It’s easy for the casual fan to see that 6-6 swain team or whatever team roll up in the parking lot a think a win is easy. But not just that 6-6 record shows up, a whole lotta support , tradition , tough schedule kids get off that bus. I’ve seen it to many times

That was a great post Mitchell , I will say this , we hate seeing a smc team roll in to the granite city , no matter what the record or seed is, you know you are gonna get hit every play all game long like you haven’t ever been hit before!! It’s easy for the casual fan to see that 6-6 swain team or whatever team roll up in the parking lot a think a win is easy. But not just that 6-6 record shows up, a whole lotta support , tradition , tough schedule kids get off that bus. I’ve seen it to many times

I have seen it many times before also. The only year that a SMC team was truly better than the Mitchell team they were playing was in 2016, when Murphy manhandled the Mountaineers in the 4th round. 2011 Swain vs Mitchell was about as even a matchup as could be. Last year, a Cherokee team that Mitchell had went 4-0 against beat the Neers in Ledger, and beat them fairly handily. They weren't better, hell I dont think they were even, but they played like winners and came out with a state championship. If I were to lay my money down on any team from the west against the likes of these recent WRH and Tarboro teams, It would be on Swain, Robbinsville, or Murphy. You walk off the field knowing that you played a game that night, and they make your earn every inch, and regret every mistake. Much Respect to those three programs. And Cherokee!

May b if the Mitchell players didn’t lay down after the first possession of the second half y’all might of mad a game of it Lol not even better or even to that’s a damn joke

Reactions: mrbud and KW23
May b if the Mitchell players didn’t lay down after the first possession of the second half y’all might of mad a game of it Lol not even better or even to that’s a damn joke

I meant no disrespect towards Cherokee. Quite the contrary. I said the Braves beat a team that I think was better in a hostile environment. They played like winners and Mitchell didn't. No need to get your panties in a wad.

Reactions: gdawg74
Never said EW would..just saying you guys are done winning them as long as you play with the big boys

The last smc team that came to Wilkes..didnt think wilkes was so terrible..they left EW with a nice L.

Dont be mad Mr.Bud..why get frazzled because you lost in the regionals..Wilkes county will be just fine..you guys win small 1a..but have no chance of winning big 1a..never said EW would..but they def had the chance to have won small 1a with the 2015 team..but we play big 1a where you should play every year Murphy.

Dont be mad Mr.Bud..why get frazzled because you lost in the regionals..Wilkes county will be just fine..you guys win small 1a..but have no chance of winning big 1a..never said EW would..but they def had the chance to have won small 1a with the 2015 team..but we play big 1a where you should play every year Murphy.
Mr bud is not a Murphy fan, he's from Asheville area.

East Wilkes was hands down the best team Mitchell played in the west in 15. went 13-0 and everyone was saying the same crap, NWNC is weak, Wilkes County doesnt produce football, ect... We got out of Ronda by the skin of our teeth. They were perhaps the only western team that could've defeated WRH that year. Ground n pound, i dare ya football.

"I have seen it many times before also. The only year that a SMC team was truly better than the Mitchell team they were playing was in 2016".

Dang talk about a homer wearing purple glasses.

"Last year, a Cherokee team that Mitchell had went 4-0 against beat the Neers in Ledger, and beat them fairly handily. They weren't better, hell I dont think they were even"

the above statement can in no way be taken as respectful.

Go Braves! Hope we get another ring this year while the rest of the whiners on here are talking coulda shoulda woulda and yeah but's(we were better than them, if they wouldnt have had Mintz, if murphy would have gone small). Cherokee won how about a congrats instead of discrediting what braves accomplished.

"I have seen it many times before also. The only year that a SMC team was truly better than the Mitchell team they were playing was in 2016".

Dang talk about a homer wearing purple glasses.

"Last year, a Cherokee team that Mitchell had went 4-0 against beat the Neers in Ledger, and beat them fairly handily. They weren't better, hell I dont think they were even"

the above statement can in no way be taken as respectful.

Go Braves! Hope we get another ring this year while the rest of the whiners on here are talking coulda shoulda woulda and yeah but's(we were better than them, if they wouldnt have had Mintz, if murphy would have gone small). Cherokee won how about a congrats instead of discrediting what braves accomplished.
Goodness I think everyone on here congratulated the Braves LAST YEAR. It seems any opinions about Cherokee seem to be interpreted as disrespect. Cherokee won and no one can ever erase or take that away. It’s a new year good luck to all those boys out there carrying on football tradition.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Lake Man
I have seen it many times before also. The only year that a SMC team was truly better than the Mitchell team they were playing was in 2016, when Murphy manhandled the Mountaineers in the 4th round. 2011 Swain vs Mitchell was about as even a matchup as could be. Last year, a Cherokee team that Mitchell had went 4-0 against beat the Neers in Ledger, and beat them fairly handily. They weren't better, hell I dont think they were even, but they played like winners and came out with a state championship. If I were to lay my money down on any team from the west against the likes of these recent WRH and Tarboro teams, It would be on Swain, Robbinsville, or Murphy. You walk off the field knowing that you played a game that night, and they make your earn every inch, and regret every mistake. Much Respect to those three programs. And Cherokee!

Mitchell - That was a great game. We know Mitchell is going to bring it every game. Mutual respect. Almost like Mitchell is like a honorary member of the SMC. Here is the link to that game.

Wilkes central got beat at home by a weak 6-5 Pisgah team with their quarterback out. That's one if not the weakest conf in the state.

Reactions: The Lake Man
Someone like you certainly doesnt need to be talking about Murphy. You don't know a thing about Murphy. Maybe you've read a post here or there, but nothing for you to be personally spouting off about. I pray to holy God above that Murphy is 1AA this year and that they get the privilege of playing the mighty never done crap Cardinals of Ronda, NC. I promise you it would be something you'd never forget.

Goodness I think everyone on here congratulated the Braves LAST YEAR. It seems any opinions about Cherokee seem to be interpreted as disrespect. Cherokee won and no one can ever erase or take that away. It’s a new year good luck to all those boys out there carrying on football tradition.

I knew you were not disrespecting Cherokee. The best team does not always win the game. To be in a position to beat a good team like Mitchell is a testament to the Cherokee program.

The Braves are a class act. You don’t hear their fans whining about stuff like you do other teams. Heck, Mitchell fans are some of the best too. It’s so nice to have fans show class by not making excuses like “the refs blew it”, “the other team STOLE our players”, and “they cheated”. Two classy teams!

Look..i have seen Murphy several times..a very good team playing in a good conference..whats so funny is how you get your panties in a wad over facts...Fact is EW isn't gonna win any state titles..i've never remotely said that was even feasible..but you guys are truly butt hurt because whether you beat EW or not..you are not..i repeat will not win any 1aa titles as long as Tarboro or Wallace Rose Hill are in 1aa. Get upset if you want. You may win several in small 1a. It doesn't make me upset at all at what you think of the MVAC conference..i would put WC on a good night against any team in the SMC and they would beat all of them and they and Murphy wouldnt be far off from each other. That's a fact. Regardless of what they did against Pisgah. I watched Hibriten mop the floor with Franklin last year...and all i heard about was how good Franklin was..simply because they beat Murphy...they got the brakes beat off them by Hibriten. I will be the 1st to admit..Murphy's program is top notch...but at any given time you can be beat just like anyone else in that conference...and yes the SMC is a far better conference than the MVC..but just like i say..there are 3 or 4 teams in that conference that are downright terrible.as there are a few in the MVC...Its funny how everyone forgets the Starmounts and Elkins of the late 90's and 2000's with several state titles between them..and yes they both are and have been part of this weak MVAC conference that has had several wins on SMC teams throughout the years on the way to titles.

Last edited:
That's all im saying...Graygod..like i said ive seen Murphy play 4x..they lost 2 to Mt.Airy and 1 to Starmount.. and i also watched them beat Albemarle...Fact is im not uplifting EW..i support them..and i try not to get too butt hurt over whether they play in a weak conference.or not...maybe you need to do the same..I stick by my statement..no one in the 1aa west is beating Tarboro anytime soon.

Last edited:
That's all im saying...Graygod..like i said ive seen Murphy play 4x..they lost 2 to Mt.Airy and 1 to Starmount.. and i also watched them beat Albemarle...Fact is im not uplifting EW..i support them..and i try not to get too butt hurt over whether they play in a weak conference.or not...maybe you need to do the same..I stick by my statement..no one in the 1aa west is beating Tarboro anytime soon.
I know one thing murphy has lot better chance beating tarboro then east wilkes .

And you get how many trophies for that Bud? Neither team has a chance at beating Tarboro or Mt.Airy this year. I can admit it. Sorry it kills you to do the same. Speed kills and both Mt.Airy and Tarboro have it. Along with all the other intangibles it takes to win in 1aa regional and state championships. It's not a knock on Murphy..and I hate that you have put EW down..when I know that EW doesn't stand a chance against a few of the 1aa elites as well. Honestly with EW they have turned the corner and have became a solid program within the last 3 or 4 seasons. They are not elite by any means..but they are good enough now, that if you take them for granted and give them chances and confidence..well just ask East Surry..East Surry avenged their loss against Ew..but was embarrassed on their own home field by them as well last year. I wish Murphy nothing but the best, plain and simple.

Last edited:
And you get how many trophies for that Bud? Neither team has a chance at beating Tarboro or Mt.Airy this year. I can admit it. Sorry it kills you to do the same. Speed kills and both Mt.Airy and Tarboro have it. Along with all the other intangibles it takes to win in 1aa regional and state championships. It's not a knock on Murphy..and I hate that you have put EW down..when I know that EW doesn't stand a chance against a few of the 1aa elites as well. Honestly with EW they have turned the corner and have became a solid program within the last 3 or 4 seasons. They are not elite by any means..but they are good enough now, that if you take them for granted and give them chances and confidence..well just ask East Surry..East Surry avenged their loss against Ew..but was embarrassed on their own home field by them as well last year. I wish Murphy nothing but the best, plain and simple.
Tarboro and Mt. Airy are unbeatable now ?

Reactions: BK13T-$
Tarboro..pretty much..Well both this year. Sorry. Oh i forgot..i better not say an SMC team cant beat them this year. Sorry for that as well.

And you get how many trophies for that Bud? Neither team has a chance at beating Tarboro or Mt.Airy this year. I can admit it. Sorry it kills you to do the same. Speed kills and both Mt.Airy and Tarboro have it. Along with all the other intangibles it takes to win in 1aa regional and state championships. It's not a knock on Murphy..
Mt Airy does not have the level of skill speed they had last year and this year every year like you're making it sound, that's not to say that dont always have good athletes but this is once in a decade group for them. Murphy has played them four times before last year (which they split two games a piece) and last year's Mt Airy was by far the most athletic of the five Mt Airy teams Murphy has played. So this whole speeds kills spiel is a little much. Mt Airy has some fine athletes but you're talking them up like they're Shelby or Havelock athletically. Most years Murphy matches up just fine.

Last edited:
And you get how many trophies for that Bud? Neither team has a chance at beating Tarboro or Mt.Airy this year. I can admit it. Sorry it kills you to do the same. Speed kills and both Mt.Airy and Tarboro have it. Along with all the other intangibles it takes to win in 1aa regional and state championships. It's not a knock on Murphy..and I hate that you have put EW down..when I know that EW doesn't stand a chance against a few of the 1aa elites as well. Honestly with EW they have turned the corner and have became a solid program within the last 3 or 4 seasons. They are not elite by any means..but they are good enough now, that if you take them for granted and give them chances and confidence..well just ask East Surry..East Surry avenged their loss against Ew..but was embarrassed on their own home field by them as well last year. I wish Mur5phy nothing but the best, plain and simple.
Mt Airy has the same number of 1AA state titles as Murphy, zero. Mt Airy was better than Murphy last year, they were deserved winners. Mt Airy are the favorites in the 1AA west this season, and let's leave it at that.

Last edited:
This year zero chance of beating Mt.Airy or Tarboro regardless of the past. Unless the injury bug hits. Too much speed and athleticism. No one in the west is beating Tarboro this year.

Last edited:
09 mt airy was unbeatable too.
It took home town refs to get past Robbinsville.
Watch the film.

You lost. BK take your losses like a man. Ya killing me with the excuses. I was at that game as well. I saw a great game. Too bad someone had to lose...but you lost.

Reactions: BravesGWY
09 mt airy was unbeatable too.
It took home town refs to get past Robbinsville.
Watch the film.

Bk, you may be right about the quality of officials, I didn’t see the game. However, I can promise they were not “hometown refs”, the state would of booked officials from a neutral conference. Also the unbeatable Bears went down the next week, it could of been that Robbinsville took too much out of them.

Or it couldve been that the other team was better than Mt.Airy on that particular day..like Mt..Airy was better than Robbinsville on that particular night. It's that simple. Good game.

You lost. BK take your losses like a man. Ya killing me with the excuses. I was at that game as well. I saw a great game. Too bad someone had to lose...but you lost.

So are you saying nothing happened?

Wlos even showed it and said Robbinsville was cheated. Wlos has never liked Robbinsville.
Im sure we can find film if you need to refresh your memory.

Mt airy fans said we banged them up or they would of won state.

We was up by 2 scores. They called back our last two 2 point conversion.
One was a bad call but it wasnt as obviously as the other one. Anderson caught the 2point conversion in the endzone right in front of me. After the catch he took 3 steps and then went out of bounds. 3 steps. Thats not a bad call, that was on purpose. In highschool you only need 1 foot down. I dont think you was at the game or you would of seen.

Was def at the game . I don't have to lie about something as simple as that. I saw a good game and i saw you lose. That game was over 9 or 10 yrs ago. Do i remember details no..I remember a great game..but more than that..I remember that you lost. Mt.Airy may have said those things to you as far as yall banged them up..simply to make you feel better after the loss. Dang seems like you needed a boost.

Reactions: gdawg74
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT