ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers for South Rowan softball player

SR Raiders

Apr 23, 2021
A rising sophomore softball player at South Rowan collapsed and went in cardiac arrest at a travel softball tournament today! This was what her team posted!
Today as EP06 was playing our first pool game of the day one of our players, Kassidy Sechler #17, had a medical situation that required emergency medical intervention. Trained medical personnel were in the park and rendered aid until EMS personnel could take control of the situation. Kas was transported to Frye Regional Medical Center then airlifted to Brenner Children's Hospital in Winston Salem, NC.

At the time of this post Kas has been sedated and placed on a ventilator to give her body time to rest while tests are being conducted to find the cause and proper treatment for the condition.

On behalf of the Sechler family, Kas's teammates, the Extreme Performance 06 families and the entire Extreme Performance organization we thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers during this most difficult of times.

#prayersforkas
#ep06
#extremeperformance

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: beamer24
Update from this morning!
Just finished talking with the team of Dr’s kidneys and liver seem to be good . They think it’s all Heart related . Trying to keep her comfortable and stable so they can do more test to find the cause.
Concerned with neurological due to the time she was un responsive.
she awoke briefly and nodded her head when I said can you see mommy . Please continue to lift our beautiful girl up ❤️

Update from this morning!
Just finished talking with the team of Dr’s kidneys and liver seem to be good . They think it’s all Heart related . Trying to keep her comfortable and stable so they can do more test to find the cause.
Concerned with neurological due to the time she was un responsive.
she awoke briefly and nodded her head when I said can you see mommy . Please continue to lift our beautiful girl up ❤️
Thoughts and Prayers lifted for your precious baby….. from Catawba county!

Lord Jesus help this young girl and her family at this time. You made her body and you can make it whole. I ask you to do that Lord and I ask you to confound the doctors will a full recovery that can’t be explained by man. Lord we thank you and praise you for what you are going to do in this young Ladies life, that you and only you get the glory God. In Jesus name Amen

A rising sophomore softball player at South Rowan collapsed and went in cardiac arrest at a travel softball tournament today! This was what her team posted!
Today as EP06 was playing our first pool game of the day one of our players, Kassidy Sechler #17, had a medical situation that required emergency medical intervention. Trained medical personnel were in the park and rendered aid until EMS personnel could take control of the situation. Kas was transported to Frye Regional Medical Center then airlifted to Brenner Children's Hospital in Winston Salem, NC.

At the time of this post Kas has been sedated and placed on a ventilator to give her body time to rest while tests are being conducted to find the cause and proper treatment for the condition.

On behalf of the Sechler family, Kas's teammates, the Extreme Performance 06 families and the entire Extreme Performance organization we thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers during this most difficult of times.

#prayersforkas
#ep06
#extremeperformance
Praying

Prayers sent, any updates
This is what the family posted this morning!
**We Need your Prayers!**
As with any journey, there are highs and lows. Sometimes we are in the valley and others, high on the mountain tops. Our beautiful Kass is in the valley. After our visit with the Dr today…she is very unstable and has developed fluid on her lungs. We ask that all of her prayer warriors pray specifically for her heart, lungs and brain. God is a miracle worker and we know that our beautiful girl can be healed.
We can’t say thank you enough for the outpouring of love.
Todd & Kathy♥️

Reactions: UNC91
This is what the family posted this morning!
**We Need your Prayers!**
As with any journey, there are highs and lows. Sometimes we are in the valley and others, high on the mountain tops. Our beautiful Kass is in the valley. After our visit with the Dr today…she is very unstable and has developed fluid on her lungs. We ask that all of her prayer warriors pray specifically for her heart, lungs and brain. God is a miracle worker and we know that our beautiful girl can be healed.
We can’t say thank you enough for the outpouring of love.
Todd & Kathy♥️
Thanks for the update, please keep us posted.

Reactions: SR Raiders
Not much has changed this is the update from a friend this morning.
Just wanted to take a quick sec a give a little update. Talked to Todd this am. Kass is resting well and he said she slept well last night. Not much has changed. Still trying to get her more stable. These processes are just going to take time. They are hopeful as we all are. Just have to trust the process in Gods timing. It is so hard because our human nature wants instant gratification. This is a situation that tests all of our faith, but in the end I believe it’ll make our faith even stronger. Kass will win this battle. We will all be by her side the entire way. Keep praying friends. When you think you can’t pray anymore…pray again.

Kass, Todd, and Kathy received their bracelets yesterday evening. Lex and Dex are working diligently to get all the orders filled. Just be patient. Again, thank you guys all over the world for all of the love and support shown to Kass and the Sechler Family.

The family put out this update this afternoon!
Tuesday Day 4 Update:

Sorry it has taken longer today
to keep you all informed.
Kas is still in critical condition for the next 48-72 hrs .

The main focus for the next few days is to get her stabilized so we are able to perform more test to get information to find out what is causing all the reactions in her body .

We ask that you please continue to Pray for our beautiful girl ❤️

We want to thank you all for the overwhelming support and love from so many !

2 Timothy 1:7

Update for this morning, sounds like she had a good night.
Wednesday Day 5 @ Brenner Children’s
#KASSTRONG
We have not had our rounds with the Dr’s yet but we did have a few updates
- Kas had a restful night last night .
( Thank you LORD)
-kidney ultra sound came back good they are just being a little lazy waking up from all the trauma .
- blood pressure seemed to be stable all thru the night .
Thank you all again for so much support and Prayers ❤️
I will update later as we get more
News .

Jeremiah 32:27

Update for this morning, sounds like she had a good night.
Wednesday Day 5 @ Brenner Children’s
#KASSTRONG
We have not had our rounds with the Dr’s yet but we did have a few updates
- Kas had a restful night last night .
( Thank you LORD)
-kidney ultra sound came back good they are just being a little lazy waking up from all the trauma .
- blood pressure seemed to be stable all thru the night .
Thank you all again for so much support and Prayers ❤️
I will update later as we get more
News .

Jeremiah 32:27
Great news..glad to hear things are looking up...still a long road to recovery it sounds like, but GOD is good and there's nothing that happens that's not in his hands and his will.

Second update from the family, and the best news so far! Just keep the prayers coming!
Wednesday Day 5 #2 update .
One of our EP coach’s were here to see kas when we got the below news .

I am at the hospital right now and we finally have good news to share.

Kidneys are functioning now and Kas was able to move 5 liters of fluid overnight

They are starting to turn vent down some.

Going to introduce protein in the feeding tube…try to get some food in her, but only a small amount.

Removed ice packs and her temps seems to be stabilized.

All vitals have been where they needed to be over night.

Today is a really big day because they are making a lot of changes and implementing some new procedures. It’s still a marathon with mountains and valleys but it seems as though Kas is starting to climb out of this valley.

This is the best report the family has received since this started but the medical staff reminded Kathy she is still critical

Keep praying!

Continuing in the right direction, this was the update this morning!
God is so good !
Miracles are happening today !

- kas was trying to ask Todd something and of course with the breathing tube she can’t talk so she pointed at her hand like she was trying to write , he grabbed the note book that my dear friend just brought us and she wrote What h
She was trying to ask what happened.

Our cup runneth over this morning ❤️

- they are starting to wean off more of the ventilator if she responds well we may get the tube
our Within the next 24hrs .

Once the breathing tube is out the next step is to do an MRI of the heart so we can hopefully find out what’s going on there .

Please keep praying BIG !

So happy to see this update! God is great!
Thursday Day 6 update # 2
Kas has responded very well to the
Weaning off ventilator , around 3pm
Today they decided to take the tube out ( she is tube free!)

Thank you LORD

MRI on the heart is scheduled in the morning @ 9 .

Kas was able to have some ice chips and she’s done well so we will move on to clear liquids this afternoon. I know she’s going to be asking for a burrito ( lol)

Todd and I can’t express enough how our Heart feels from all of your Love , Prayers, Cards, Donations , Text, Phone calls , Food / snacks , Visits. All of this is just so overwhelming and so Appreciated.

Thank you all ❤️!

John 16:33

So happy to see this update! God is great!
Thursday Day 6 update # 2
Kas has responded very well to the
Weaning off ventilator , around 3pm
Today they decided to take the tube out ( she is tube free!)

Thank you LORD

MRI on the heart is scheduled in the morning @ 9 .

Kas was able to have some ice chips and she’s done well so we will move on to clear liquids this afternoon. I know she’s going to be asking for a burrito ( lol)

Todd and I can’t express enough how our Heart feels from all of your Love , Prayers, Cards, Donations , Text, Phone calls , Food / snacks , Visits. All of this is just so overwhelming and so Appreciated.

Thank you all ❤️!

John 16:33
Loving that! …..cheeseburger and fries soon!…..atta girl!

The family just put this update out!Friday Day # 7

Kassidy has had a good day. She is going to be transferred to Charlotte in the next couple of days to undergo additional heart testing.

We continue to be blown away by and extremely grateful for the prayers, love and support from you all. Please continue to pray for healing and for the transition to Charlotte to go well.

I haven’t commented but I have been following this story. Praying for the young lady and her family.

Are there financial needs? If so how and where can I contribute?

Reactions: UNC91
I haven’t commented but I have been following this story. Praying for the young lady and her family.

Are there financial needs? If so how and where can I contribute?
If you look at the eleventh post there is a go fund me that some friends of the family started for them! If you don't find it can share it with you.

This update came in the last 30 minutes!
We just got the word we are being transported with in the next 2 hours
To Charlotte/ Levine’s .

As we journey out of one hospital to another I would really like to express how grateful and blessed our care was here at WF Baptist Medical .

I truly believe people are put in our
Paths for a reason , we could not have asked for better care from some wonderful people that will never be forgotten .❤️

Prayers for the travel to Levin’s
And for Todd and I as we have to let Kas travel alone in the ambulance to our next Journey .

Please continue your unconditional
Prayers as we know this road will get rocky again before it’s smooth .

We serve a Mighty GOD !

I am sure this is not what Kass was wanting to hear, but she is alive and that is far more important than sports!
Sunday Day 9
Levin Children’s Hospital

Kas has been diagnosed with a rare heart disease called ARVC which affects her right ventricle muscle .

Tomorrow morning @ 9am they
Will go in and place a defibrillator.
I’m sure you all know with a defibrillator she will only be allowed minimal activity the rest of her life .

There will be a lot of adjustments
going forward and I’m sure we will be going thru a lot of valleys , but the most important thing is she is with us !

This was definitely not the news we wanted but we just have to trust that there is a bigger plan .

We can’t thank you all enough for enduring this Journey with us , we constantly felt your prayers and so much love . Words can’t express our gratitude.

We do ask for continued prayers for physical and emotional healing in the months to come .

God is good all the time ❤️

I hate to hear her sports career is over but very grateful they found out what is wrong so they can’t treat her and she can love and be loved going forward. Sports are great but not everything. I’m so glad you still have your baby girl. God is good!! God bless your family going forward!!

So happy she is doing so much better. Sorry her softball career is over, but there are lots of ways she can still be involved throughout her life, i.e. coaching. God has a plan, and He will show her the path. God bless, and as always still praying for her and the family!

So happy she is doing so much better. Sorry her softball career is over, but there are lots of ways she can still be involved throughout her life, i.e. coaching. God has a plan, and He will show her the path. God bless, and as always still praying for her and the family!
Glad to hear that the hospitals were able to come up with a diagnosis so that Kass can truly start on the road to recovery. Very sad to hear that she will not be able to perform anymore on the softball diamond, but sports is not everything and I bet Kass and her family would gladly give up sports if it meant her well being...I will continue to keep her and her family in my thoughts and prayers. GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME...

This is the family's update from today! This will be the last one I post! The family is very appreciative of all the thoughts and prayers!
Monday Day #10

Well the surgery went well .
We are back with her in recovery right now .

If all goes good thru the day/ night
We will be released to go home tomorrow.

We will have a follow up appointment in a week and every 3 months going forward.

This journey would not have been possible without everyone of you , so thank you all for the unimaginable support and Love !

God is good all the time !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT