ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers Asked for Lawrence Academy

eastern

Jun 1, 2001
Jay Spencer QB& DB at Lawrence Academy and son of Lawrence Head Football Coach Allen Spencer was seriously injured in a deer hunting accident yesterday. He was accidently shot in the back with a high powered rifle with the round entering his back and escaping out his arm. He is in Pitt Memorial Hospital where he is expected to remain several weeks. Please remember Jay and the Spencer family in your thoughts and prayers.
This post was edited on 11/12 5:08 PM by easternif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

My thoughts and prayers are with the folks at Lawrence Academy and Coach Spencer's family as well. I hope Jay can make it through this tragic accident and that the Lord be in his heart.

Any word today on Allen Spencer's son? His voicemail was full last night and we couldn't leave a message.

I spoke with Coach Spencer yesterday afternoon around 5:00 p.m. and Jay was going through another surgery. Coach Spencer said that he was doing as well as to be expected. Please continue to keep the Warriors and the Spencer family in your prayers.

Re: Prayers Asked for Lawrence Academy, SCS, & TCS

Looking at the message board from NCISAA, a student from Statesville Christian and a former student from Trinity have both been lost through car accidents.

Last I heard, Jay Spencer was improving.

Thoughts and prayers are with these schools and the families involved surrounding all these tragedies.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT