ADVERTISEMENT

Post your scores!!

8/20/21: Mount Airy 43- North Surry 0 - Bears by 43
Tonight's Final: East Surry 56 North Surry 22 EAST by 34
These games were about 4 weeks apart. I think it was MA & NS's 1st game of the season. This all means nothing but just saying. Hope the injured Bears are back next week.
MA pulled starters East Surry dumb coach was still throwing ball scoring with 4 minutes left in game SMH!!!

East was without 7 or so guys tonight (several starters on D). There was an early pick 6 for NS and #3 Lynch broke 1 really long TD reception. Other than those early plays the game was heavily skewed towards ES.
The JV and v players were at same party Saturday last week from what I herd. SMH Covid

The JV and v players were at same party Saturday last week from what I herd. SMH Covid
Didn’t realize you were in touch with the 15-16yr old party scene buzz. Pretty sure both entire teams probably weren’t there. None of us know the vaccination status of any of the players either. Based on Covid rules and guidelines - direct contact with a positive case = automatic quarantine for unvaccinated. Vaccinated players/coaches don’t have to quarantine if a close contact unless they start showing symptoms (then they’d also have to quarantine). For the 3,832,479th time…I’ll be thankful when Covid has passed!

Didn’t realize you were in touch with the 15-16yr old party scene buzz. Pretty sure both entire teams probably weren’t there. None of us know the vaccination status of any of the players either. Based on Covid rules and guidelines - direct contact with a positive case = automatic quarantine for unvaccinated. Vaccinated players/coaches don’t have to quarantine if a close contact unless they start showing symptoms (then they’d also have to quarantine). For the 3,832,479th time…I’ll be thankful when Covid has passed!
Everyone knows this party deal

So you are saying that we could have played the game earlier you would have just been minus a few players. All this talk could have been settled. Hope all that might have been infected are safe and healthy.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
So you are saying that we could have played the game earlier you would have just been minus a few players. All this talk could have been settled. Hope all that might have been infected are safe and healthy.
Hahaha, ok. Keep reinterpreting things. Two entire position groups were knocked out due to Covid protocols against MA. Can’t really play a football game if you don’t have any linemen available at all. My post was aimed at buzz implying that both JV and Varsity were affected but that ES chose to still play the Varsity game. If that’s not what he was implying, then my apologies. Trust me though sbbbfan - no one at ES wanted that MA game cancelled. Best gate $ of the season for ES, best rivalry in the county, best opponent that either team would see during the regular season (opportunity to test each other). Who knows who would have won. Personally, I think MA would have been favored to probably win, but I also think it would have been a close game (10pts either way). It is what it is. I’m tired of Covid taking these opportunities away from our kids and will be thankful when it has finally passed. Best wishes to the Bears as they prepare for a strong playoff run.

Hahaha, ok. Keep reinterpreting things. Two entire position groups were knocked out due to Covid protocols against MA. Can’t really play a football game if you don’t have any linemen available at all. My post was aimed at buzz implying that both JV and Varsity were affected but that ES chose to still play the Varsity game. If that’s not what he was implying, then my apologies. Trust me though sbbbfan - no one at ES wanted that MA game cancelled. Best gate $ of the season for ES, best rivalry in the county, best opponent that either team would see during the regular season (opportunity to test each other). Who knows who would have won. Personally, I think MA would have been favored to probably win, but I also think it would have been a close game (10pts either way). It is what it is. I’m tired of Covid taking these opportunities away from our kids and will be thankful when it has finally passed. Best wishes to the Bears as they prepare for a strong playoff run.
Just repeating what I herd from an person in East District. A parent!

I don't know a thing about the situation but let's be honest here, there isn't a football team in this state that doesn't have kids going to a Saturday night party.
If they want to play football then they should give up the parties until football is over. missed games could cost them the season. With this delta variant, it is kinda stupid to go partying if you want to go to the playoffs ! Parties are in mostly small spaces and they are asking to get COVID. All I am saying is be smart until football season is over ! You have minds of your own, so gamble if you want to.

If they want to play football then they should give up the parties until football is over. missed games could cost them the season. With this delta variant, it is kinda stupid to go partying if you want to go to the playoffs ! Parties are in mostly small spaces and they are asking to get COVID. All I am saying is be smart until football season is over ! You have minds of your own, so gamble if you want to.
As far as I'm concerned I'm not leaving it up to teenagers to make the right decision. Where are the grownups? If I'm a head coach I'm having this discussion with the players about what they're doing during their off time set some rules if you want to play and if I'm a parent of a football player first he's had his vaccine and second I'm keeping his butt at home on the weekends.
pass year and half or so I've been glad my kids are grown.

As far as I'm concerned I'm not leaving it up to teenagers to make the right decision. Where are the grownups? If I'm a head coach I'm having this discussion with the players about what they're doing during their off time set some rules if you want to play and if I'm a parent of a football player first he's had his vaccine and second I'm keeping his butt at home on the weekends.
pass year and half or so I've been glad my kids are grown.
It's tough to keep kids home but I feel Mt Airy stay healthy they could be a force but staying healthy is the key

It's tough to keep kids home but I feel Mt Airy stay healthy they could be a force but staying healthy is the key
If it's a matter of have a social life on the weekend I figure you could come up with a small circle of friends and they could go to each other's house or if they're dating a girl take her dinner but as far as partying with a bunch of kids somewhere no.
But yeah just from looking at the scores looks MT Airy is definitely a force.

If it's a matter of have a social life on the weekend I figure you could come up with a small circle of friends and they could go to each other's house or if they're dating a girl take her dinner but as far as partying with a bunch of kids somewhere no.
But yeah just from looking at the scores looks MT Airy is definitely a force.
I think you have the wrong party but yea us Mt Airy like to party and we would love to have a party with Mitchell Co in the playoffs and eliminate you guys

I think you have the wrong party but yea us Mt Airy like to party and we would love to have a party with Mitchell Co in the playoffs and eliminate you guys
I saw a post somewhere, on Twitter or Facebook where The ES Defense was short-handed from some going to a party, Can't find it now, must have been deleted. May have been on the 2A here. Nothing there now but the final score. It was posted from East Surry

Well I'm just talking about grownups especially parents doing everything they can off the field keeping their kids safe don't want them sick football or not and doing all they can to keep these boys out of situations that will cause canceling games or losing players because of getting sick or going into quarantine so they can play in the playoffs. injuries on the field unfortunately is just part of football. I'm not just referring to one school and party but all schools.
Right now Mitchell has work to do to win the conference and get the one automatic qualifier. But as I said I believe Mt Airy is going to force in the playoffs.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT