ADVERTISEMENT

Post the scores of Championship Games here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southwest Guilford 67
Burlington Williams 60
Final

Williams had impressive guard play. Not much issue with half court trap which handcuffed Cox Mill. Williams lost the rebound battle bad and the frintcourt players had trouble converting in the paint.

I think South Central is the best public team in NC. The big man is a game changer and they have a complete team that is very well coached.

Regarding West Charlotte they would not get routed by SWG. They would control the boards which is where a lot of the SWG points start on the break and with put backs on O. That changes the game. Their big men set up while Cox Mill’s play more near the perimeter.

Heritage didn’t put Avery out of the 1a playoffs, Murphy did. Murphy lost to East Surry. You want to beat Pamlico beat Murphy then East Surry. I’ve watched those Avery girls for 4 yrs and they had a great run for 4 yrs. The best they were was 3 yrs ago when they went to regionals. Should they have made it back? Yes!! But they didn’t. And that is that. Happens to a lot of teams.
No they were better this year. Mitchell or mh were way better this year. Also, we got a bunch of overrated Midwest teams that year that were not that good. This year Mitchell, ma, Murphy, Cherokee, union academy were all solid ball teams. Our seniors were sophomores then. Way more experience this year. Also, a lot more size this year. Just a brutal west this year, tougher.

They are not in the 1A playoffs.

That is a positive in my opinion. Playing good competition is great preparation. The better teams in the state normally play string out of state teams for more competitive opponents. You have it in conference.
We did that too. The fact of the matter is pamlico would never had seen the Dean dome playing in the west.

I will say it now, next year, the year after, 10 years later. Not good enough to win west.
Not beating one great western team, 3 or 4 in a row. I have seen a ton and I mean ton of ballgames. That is a fact. Every time I mention mh you say not 1a. But I'm speaking for our conference. It's not a joke.

No they were better this year. Mitchell or mh were way better this year. Also, we got a bunch of overrated Midwest teams that year that were not that good. This year Mitchell, ma, Murphy, Cherokee, union academy were all solid ball teams. Our seniors were sophomores then. Way more experience this year. Also, a lot more size this year. Just a brutal west this year, tougher.
Murphy's great coach beat Murphy.

Thanks for the comment.My Lady Cougars are champions..
Well deserving. I said if we could not beat you. I did not want nody else too. These haters said 3rd or 4th round, I said state championship from the beginning. I know a great team when I see one, and you are a great team. We played you in a great offensive battle on avery's senior night and great defensive battle in tournament championship and lost in the end. And you know as well as I do many teams would not have beat Avery on those 2 nights.(definitely not pamlico). So I just knew this was a special resilient team. Congrats!!

Ray is a jr thank goodness but will still be back next year. Heritage will be the favorite in the WHC next yr. I think Mitchell can give them a game, Polk will be better. After those that might be it. Heritage could repeat 2a and has a chance to 3 peat. I think their 8th grade group is really good.
Oh yea.maybe Madison. I like mh to repeat, and if the west is as good as this year. Mitchell could make a run, but don't get your hopes up. The 1a west is brutal!

I will say it now, next year, the year after, 10 years later. Not good enough to win west.

You know what, Pamlico didn't have to be good enough to win the west, they had to be good enough to Win the STATE TITLE and that is exactly what they did. Something NO one in the west was able to accomplish this season in 1a ball. Congrats to Pamlico.

Go Mountaineers

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
As a Mitchell fan this is hard to say but, congrats to Heritage. Man that is not fun to say. (Seriously Congrats). Way to represent the WHC. First state title for Heritage and first for WHC since Mitchell won it if I'm not mistaken. Tipton is a special player, enjoy the ride. Congrats to the coaches as well.

Go Mountaineers

A lot of factors.

WC could not hit the ocean from a life raft. Uncontested shots were just not falling. A team that shoots the three cannot go 3-21! SC got a lot of bounces of the ball early and were up by 17 (I think) in the second quarter. Difference was about 16 in fourth when WC started fouling as SC went to a stall.

Roy Williams was there to watch Dayron Sharpe. 6’10” agile player that can shoot it. Impressive! Just his presence on both ends make a difference.

SC was more prepared and made less mistakes. That may have had a bit to do with
FSU recruit Patrick Williams nearly not playing according to news report due to illness. He was not up to usual level but still good.

And SC is really good. Shows you the issue with NC rankings and seeds. Ranked #6 in the nation by USA Today and seeded #3 in the east.

As a Mitchell fan this is hard to say but, congrats to Heritage. Man that is not fun to say. (Seriously Congrats). Way to represent the WHC. First state title for Heritage and first for WHC since Mitchell won it if I'm not mistaken. Tipton is a special player, enjoy the ride. Congrats to the coaches as well.

Go Mountaineers

Go Mountaineers
Not hard to say at all. They earned it. They played tough competition along the way as well. It's easy for a Mitchell fan to congratulate a pamlico fan cause Mitchell has two state titles plus I went to Mitchell for few years in high school. But when you are steamrolling east teams for 3 years and we are playing a tough ot game in the 2nd round as a 2 seed. And all these highly ranked opponents back to back. While east teams suck, then I have a problem respecting a team that beats garbage teams

Not hard to say at all. They earned it. They played tough competition along the way as well. It's easy for a Mitchell fan to congratulate a pamlico fan cause Mitchell has two state titles plus I went to Mitchell for few years in high school. But when you are steamrolling east teams for 3 years and we are playing a tough ot game in the 2nd round as a 2 seed. And all these highly ranked opponents back to back. While east teams suck, then I have a problem respecting a team that beats garbage teams
An ot game with two starting Avery players on the other team!

And SC is really good. Shows you the issue with NC rankings and seeds. Ranked #6 in the nation by USA Today and seeded #3 in the east.

I think each of the top three seeds had one loss, one team may have had two. Before the poll it would have been each team pulling a straw for number one seed. I will take my chances with the poll but there must be a point differential included although I am fine if it is a limited differential such as fifteen or twenty points.

Heritage didn’t put Avery out of the 1a playoffs, Murphy did. Murphy lost to East Surry. You want to beat Pamlico beat Murphy then East Surry. I’ve watched those Avery girls for 4 yrs and they had a great run for 4 yrs. The best they were was 3 yrs ago when they went to regionals. Should they have made it back? Yes!! But they didn’t. And that is that. Happens to a lot of teams.
That just goes to show you hard work pays off. This is a dynasty mountain heritage team in the making, and a group of great potential 8th graders coming up as well. Just don't be traitors and go to Mitchell, and give them free players. Make darn sure you mop the floor with them the next two years, and dominate the WHC conference and the state. You have an awesome plan in place with the players you have and are bringing up. Keep on dominating. I am proud of your school, and have enjoyed the great battles along the way for previous 4 years. I will miss the great Avery mh battles, but you earned your wins against us. I cannot think of a more deserving team than mh to win their first title. Congrats and I will be supporting your team next season!

Well deserving. I said if we could not beat you. I did not want nody else too. These haters said 3rd or 4th round, I said state championship from the beginning. I know a great team when I see one, and you are a great team. We played you in a great offensive battle on avery's senior night and great defensive battle in tournament championship and lost in the end. And you know as well as I do many teams would not have beat Avery on those 2 nights.(definitely not pamlico). So I just knew this was a special resilient team. Congrats!!
Well said..Thank you..I thought Mt Heritage continuous attach of the basket and ball handling wore Farmville down .This Farmville team was very good..it was our evening to finally win a championship for our community...Mt Heritage Gals appreciate the support recived..

That just goes to show you hard work pays off. This is a dynasty mountain heritage team in the making, and a group of great potential 8th graders coming up as well. Just don't be traitors and go to Mitchell, and give them free players. Make darn sure you mop the floor with them the next two years, and dominate the WHC conference and the state. You have an awesome plan in place with the players you have and are bringing up. Keep on dominating. I am proud of your school, and have enjoyed the great battles along the way for previous 4 years. I will miss the great Avery mh battles, but you earned your wins against us. I cannot think of a more deserving team than mh to win their first title. Congrats and I will be supporting your team next season!
Appreciate the kind words..Hoping we can snatch up a few defectors from Mitchell Countie to join our football team..Ha.Ha..

Last edited:
Tipton after the way she willed us to
Nah. Just beat em with the ones you have. Do it the right way. Leave no doubt or ?'s.
Ya I understand that , I like to poke a little fun at my Mitchell neighbors they are good sports and good people..

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Ya I understand that , I like to poke a little fun at my Mitchell neighbors they are good sports and good people..

Yeah, took a Mitchell kid to lead you to that title as well, you can thank us for that later. Lol.

Congratulations again to the Lady Cougars. Looking forward to our next meeting.

Go Mountaineers

Last edited:
Yeah, took a Mitchell kid to lead you to that title as well, you can thank us for that later. Lol.

Go Mountaineers
That is where she lives, not who she has played for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Go Mountaineers
Mh's title had nothing to do with Mitchell co. It's the yancey system in general.

I'm pretty sure Tipton has played for a new jersey traveling team as well.
You know I’ve defended your passion for your Avery team ever since you came on. It’s obvious you know Avery, but it’s also obvious you don’t much about everyone else, just like I don’t know Avery as well as you do. As bowhunter stated, Tipton played at Bowman, transferred to East Yancey 8th grade then on to Mtn Heritage where her dad coaches JV girls. Still lives in Mitchell county. And as Bowhunter stated, she plays for team Carolina out of Asheville. Johnson from Avery started her high school career at Mitchell. Came straight out of 8th grade like a lot of Avery kids do from the south end of Avery county. And the 2 other transfers I don’t know their reasons, but they are at Mitchell now. Avery started 5 seniors this year, had a couple more off the bench. 3 starters off their regional finals team 2 yrs ago. And you’re blaming their failure to get back on 3 girls that never played with them?! Plus calling them traitors and their parents selfish?!

The fact is Avery’s girls got to the regionals and didn’t get too much better after that. They didn’t make the playoffs last year because they finished 5 in a 6 team conference. Mit
That is where she lives, not who she has played for.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
You know I’ve defended your passion for your Avery team ever since you came on. It’s obvious you know Avery, but it’s also obvious you don’t much about everyone else, just like I don’t know Avery as well as you do. As bowhunter stated, Tipton played at Bowman, transferred to East Yancey 8th grade then on to Mtn Heritage where her dad coaches JV girls. Still lives in Mitchell county. And as Bowhunter stated, she plays for team Carolina out of Asheville. Johnson from Avery started her high school career at Mitchell. Came straight out of 8th grade like a lot of Avery kids do from the south end of Avery county. And the 2 other transfers I don’t know their reasons, but they are at Mitchell now. Avery started 5 seniors this year, had a couple more off the bench. 3 starters off their regional finals team 2 yrs ago. And you’re blaming their failure to get back on 3 girls that never played with them?! Plus calling them traitors and their parents selfish?!

The fact is Avery’s girls got to the regionals and didn’t get too much better after that. They didn’t make the playoffs last year because they finished 5 in a 6 team conference. Mit
Mitchell started 5 seniors last yr and had 4 girls off the bench. Finished 3rd and 1st on the 1a side. And you’re saying that doesn’t happen because a freshman, Johnson, came to Mitchell? Plus I’m pretty sure she tore her ACL and didn’t play anywhere her 8th grade yr. You come on spouting about how good Avery was, is, and could have been. Calling girls traitors. But honestly you’ve been just making excuses on why Avery’s girls never made it back. BTW isn’t your starting QB from Mitchell, played at Mitchell, and transferred from Mitchell?

Mitchell started 5 seniors last yr and had 4 girls off the bench. Finished 3rd and 1st on the 1a side. And you’re saying that doesn’t happen because a freshman, Johnson, came to Mitchell? Plus I’m pretty sure she tore her ACL and didn’t play anywhere her 8th grade yr. You come on spouting about how good Avery was, is, and could have been. Calling girls traitors. But honestly you’ve been just making excuses on why Avery’s girls never made it back. BTW isn’t your starting QB from Mitchell, played at Mitchell, and transferred from Mitchell?

Mike drop.

Reactions: WHChoops

Mike drop.
The fact is the players on Mitchell played in the Avery system, and if Avery had those girls nobody in the 1a division touches them. You are talking bout giving mountain heritage a player. You have 3 of ours and nobody gave us any. Bad karma will come back on the mountaineer cause you have zero chance of being as good as Avery this year with us giving you players. I know the girls you have played for avery not mountain heritage Mitchell Avery mixed together. AVERY! The only reason they lost any games was their depth issue, and not for that 1a had no chance this year. But I don't even care no more cause you ain't winning no title either even with Avery players.

Mike drop.
I know avery's football team is not that good anyway. We are talking about girls playing at avery. And you don't beat Avery last year without Johnson. The games were close. But that's ok we beat you 4 times with two starting sophomores from Avery. Imagine if they are not on your team, and on ours. You suck, and we win state. That was the goal all along, why don't you ask people around here what they think about it. You will find out how nice I am being right now. It will never be forgotten, so you think it's about winning and losing. They do that in travel ball for several years, so they achieve greatness when they get older much like mountain heritage just did, and Avery got betrayed. That is all those girls ever cared about, and it got took away. So if you think it's a life lesson, you are sadly mistaken. You might as well take the rest of avery's players that grew up playing with Johnson and the Pittman sisters. It don't matter now. But Mitchell will get what is coming to them. Just wait and see. And yes in other athlete's eyes they are called traitors to that school, and are no longer very well liked by the players at the school.

And number 10 in state. They were supposed to all be on avery's team this year, not yours. Of course you can't get any better when you have no depth because you lost good younger players coming up to another school. Most 1a teams could not get any better. In bigger schools you can overcome transfers, not in small schools. And why should you have got in playoffs this year then? You had 10 losses and were 10th ranked in state. Your team this year was not any better than ours last year. We lost 8 games by 7 or less points. And why are you acting like Tipton always played for only Mitchell and to thank you later. If anybody owes a thank you it's Mitchell to Avery for 3 players. Mountain heritage won because they are darn good and have depth like we should have had. This will never go away, not in Avery county anyway. Good luck finishing 2nd in WHC next two years cause you don't have enough size and depth to dethrone mountain heritage or win the 1a state title. I will get over it then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT