ADVERTISEMENT

Post the scores of Championship Games here

Status
Not open for further replies.
HALFTIME: South Central leads West Charlotte 37-19 in the 4A state championship game.

East Surry does not have a senior on the team, all Jrs & So and you will see this team probably 2 more years.
Yeah they will be better next year but another year not going to change the fact that they slow and not athletic as a team.

MA had track stars that were also talented basketball players. I knew this game would be closer than most expected. The point guard for Pamlico was good last year but no match for Jo Snow. Good game to watch

Dean dome very difficult to play in for young high school kids because of depth perception in such a cavernous arena

MA had track stars that were also talented basketball players. I knew this game would be closer than most expected. The point guard for Pamlico was good last year but no match for Jo Snow. Good game to watch
Jo snow was not the problem. Sawyers was the problem. Always been best player.

Congrats to Pamlico ! It took the East 14 years to take a game from the NWC but Jeniya Jones was not going to be denied with 39 points.

Last edited:
Let's hear it ESODcards . East Surry was no Mount Airy team of the last 2 years. Maybe next year with some experience in the State Championship game with some seniors . Great season for a young team though !

Reactions: sbbbfan
Pamlico breaks the NW1A streak 62-55. Congratulations to the Canes.
You won by 7 congrats. Saying es was slow and not athletic, you did not win in a blowout. Also 4 or 5 teams in west would have gave you same kind of game or beat you. No way one player would score 39 points on avery or Murphy's guards. No way. We have played way better teams this year than pamlico.

You won by 7 congrats. Saying es was slow and not athletic, you did not win in a blowout. Also 4 or 5 teams in west would have gave you same kind of game or beat you. No way one player would score 39 points on avery or Murphy's guards. No way. We have played way better teams this year than pamlico.
Then why was East Surry there instead ? Because they won the west and there is no way to change that. That is not putting down all the close games played in the west but nothing can be changed as it has happened an Pamlico is the Girls 1A State Champions and they deserve credit ! It's been a long time coming...

I wouldn't say she couldn't score 39 on Murphy. She very well could have. I was very impressed with her play and the way Pamlico fought throughout the entire game. There were times i thought momentum had swung to ES and they were going to take full control of the game. Pamlico kept it within striking distance and pulled it out. Good game to watch.

Then why was East Surry there instead ? Because they won the west and there is no way to change that. That is not putting down all the close games played in the west but nothing can be changed as it has happened an Pamlico is the Girls 1A State Champions and they deserve credit ! it's been a long time coming...
They don't deserve crap, there were plenty of well deserving western teams over the past 3 years that could have easily made that championship final if they were n east bracket. Don't get on your high horse cause they finally won a title. Your ma team was not unbeatable last year or year before. Yea Avery sat at home last year, but nobody beat em bad. They were in every single game last year. It's not about who ma played last year, it's about who they didn't have to play. Also, I'm not convinced pamlico is best team in state. Es and pamlico had best players, but not overall best teams in general. If any of those games in west were played again, the outcomes might be different. If pamlico played all those games again in east, still would be blowouts. My point is there are several western teams that could and would have not just this year but the previous 2 years that would have knocked pamlico out. The east is weak period. The other classes are close, but not in 1a girls. Just because you matched up well with es does not mean you match up well with the other great western teams.

What happened to West Charlotte......wasn't expecting for them to lose that bad.

A lot of factors.

WC could not hit the ocean from a life raft. Uncontested shots were just not falling. A team that shoots the three cannot go 3-21! SC got a lot of bounces of the ball early and were up by 17 (I think) in the second quarter. Difference was about 16 in fourth when WC started fouling as SC went to a stall.

Roy Williams was there to watch Dayron Sharpe. 6’10” agile player that can shoot it. Impressive! Just his presence on both ends make a difference.

SC was more prepared and made less mistakes. That may have had a bit to do with
FSU recruit Patrick Williams nearly not playing according to news report due to illness. He was not up to usual level but still good.

Snow was the MVP in two championship games. If you concentrated all your efforts on her then Sawyers would shine. But you cant take anything away from Jo. And I said nothing about them being slow. You just cant get over Avery losing. Move on. Congratulations to Pamlico

Boys End 1st: Bishop 06 Henderson Collegiate 12
Dude you are a ma fan that beat them twice. You are not an Avery, Murphy, or Cherokee fan. You don't count. Long time coming my rear end. If they played in the western bracket, it would have been no time coming. Just lucky they are in the weak east

Let's hear it ESODcards . East Surry was no Mount Airy team of the last 2 years. Maybe next year with some experience in the State Championship game with some seniors . Great season for a young team though !

Whatever give Pamlico some credit .

They don't deserve crap, there were plenty of well deserving western teams over the past 3 years that could have easily made that championship final if they were n east bracket. Don't get on your high horse cause they finally won a title. Your ma team was not unbeatable last year or year before. Yea Avery sat at home last year, but nobody beat em bad. They were in every single game last year. It's not about who ma played last year, it's about who they didn't have to play. Also, I'm not convinced pamlico is best team in state. Es and pamlico had best players, but not overall best teams in general. If any of those games in west were played again, the outcomes might be different. If pamlico played all those games again in east, still would be blowouts. My point is there are several western teams that could and would have not just this year but the previous 2 years that would have knocked pamlico out. The east is weak period. The other classes are close, but not in 1a girls. Just because you matched up well with es does not mean you match up well with the other great western teams.
Stop your crying . You have gone nonstop sense Avery lost to a better Murphy team. Today no one from the west would have beat Pamlico ! !

Snow was the MVP in two championship games. If you concentrated all your efforts on her then Sawyers would shine. But you cant take anything away from Jo. And I said nothing about them being slow. You just cant get over Avery losing. Move on. Congratulations to Pamlico

Jo Snow was something different LOL

Reactions: sbbbfan
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT