ADVERTISEMENT

Post second round scores

sutphin will dominate cherokee, they are tiny
I wouldn’t go that far panther having seen both teams play Cherokees physical style of play will disrupt East Surry. Sutphin is good but she doesn’t have a lot of help behind her. 10 can score but I think Cherokee has a good chance! Murphy is a different animal East may be ranked #1 but Murphy is the best team out of the west. I have been wrong before but I think Murphy will advance this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: KW23
I wouldn’t go that far panther having seen both teams play Cherokees physical style of play will disrupt East Surry. Sutphin is good but she doesn’t have a lot of help behind her. 10 can score but I think Cherokee has a good chance! Murphy is a different animal East may be ranked #1 but Murphy is the best team out of the west. I have been wrong before but I think Murphy will advance this year.[/QUOTE

im a SMC guy too, but you may be right but Murphy has dominated Cherokee 3 times not even close games and they do it with size, the only way i see Cherokee winning this game is if they are absolutely on fire from 3, i see
ES winning by about 12, and i think them and Murphy will be a coin flip

It still fathoms me that I read on this page that sutphin is all that East Surry has. I guess we will see , I’m a MA fan thru and thru, it pains me to say it but Sutphin might not have another player to her caliber on the team but what she has is a fundamentally sound group of role players surrounding her , it is a strong core. I could be wrong but I just don’t see them getting beat, not this year or next. Kylie Bruner , Lambert , lawson will all be special players for east before they are done. Excited to see the braves come to pilot, it’s 10 minutes from the house , the cards are known for there fan base and we know the braves travel well, should be a static atmosphere, can’t think of anything better on a Saturday night to do

What time does the game start at east surry? 6 or 7?

It still fathoms me that I read on this page that sutphin is all that East Surry has. I guess we will see , I’m a MA fan thru and thru, it pains me to say it but Sutphin might not have another player to her caliber on the team but what she has is a fundamentally sound group of role players surrounding her , it is a strong core. I could be wrong but I just don’t see them getting beat, not this year or next. Kylie Bruner , Lambert , lawson will all be special players for east before they are done. Excited to see the braves come to pilot, it’s 10 minutes from the house , the cards are known for there fan base and we know the braves travel well, should be a static atmosphere, can’t think of anything better on a Saturday night to do
Without Sutphin no way they are in the 3rd round!!! The others get their points off of teams trying to contain Sutphin!! For a 1A team to have a girl like her transfer in is a game changer. If she was at Hayesville we would be state contenders!

Reactions: PantherPit07
Without Sutphin no way they are in the 3rd round!!! The others get their points off of teams trying to contain Sutphin!! For a 1A team to have a girl like her transfer in is a game changer. If she was at Hayesville we would be state contenders!
Murphy is a great team but you can say they are a different animal when you play them 3 times in one season in your conference. But you have to prove it against teams outside the conference in big games. And es will be a lot harder to beat than you think. They beat a 2 seed in the 4a bracket in west Forsyth who would beat any 1a team. Avery barely won but I rest assure you Mitchell would give any team in the west a game. Now you take a team that has never played avery, they are a handful. I'm sure Murphy and Cherokee are the same way. But I think es is the best team in the west. No sutphin we would not be having this conversation. But the fact is they do. And until somebody plays out of their minds, they are not losing. But I think most of the remaining teams left can give them a competitive game.

Heritage girls win big Heritage boys win in OT against Maiden. What a game in the boys. Heritgae down 11 with about 2 minutes and change to play and still down 6 with 54 seconds to play and come back to make a 3 at the buzzer to get into OT. Heritage made foul shots in OT and Maiden missed a few was the difference. The gym was rocking with a great crowd from Maiden and a huge fan support from Heritage tonight. One of those games you will never forget. Congrats to Maiden on a great season and some very respectable players and fans. I really enjoyed the way they play the game. Glad we were able to pull it off.
Heritage girls beat a great west Davidson team easily!! And people say 1a teams can't compete with 2a teams. Mitchell and Avery competed with them all year. I'm sure that heritage fans can agree that Mitchell and Avery will give any 1a team a game. I know you were supporting your cougar s. But that Mitchell Avery game was one of the best of the night. It's disappointing that one of them had to lose. Avery had no Hannah McIntosh for last 3 minutes of ot, and yet a big rebound and two big free throws by Franklin put game away. Anybody still think heritage is overrated?. Also, I heard Madison hung in there with Salisbury for most of the game. Great night for WHC!! Good luck mh and Avery.

Heritage girls beat a great west Davidson team easily!! And people say 1a teams can't compete with 2a teams. Mitchell and Avery competed with them all year. I'm sure that heritage fans can agree that Mitchell and Avery will give any 1a team a game. I know you were supporting your cougar s. But that Mitchell Avery game was one of the best of the night. It's disappointing that one of them had to lose. Avery had no Hannah McIntosh for last 3 minutes of ot, and yet a big rebound and two big free throws by Franklin put game away. Anybody still think heritage is overrated?. Also, I heard Madison hung in there with Salisbury for most of the game. Great night for WHC!! Good luck mh and Avery.
Also, I hope people understand now how hard it is to beat a good team 4 times in one season.

The State Championship runs thru the northwest 1a conference this year just like the last 10 years , this year ain’t no different

Reactions: wncbowhunter
I agree survivor. I was a little shocked at the Heritage/W Davidson score. Granted West was without their injured pt guard, but still! I’m going with Heritage and Salisbury in the Western finals. Should be a good game, with such different styles of play.

Last edited:
The State Championship runs thru the northwest 1a conference this year just like the last 10 years , this year ain’t no different
That's true. We are playing the reigning two time defending state champs. Until they are beaten, they are the champs.

LOL yeah if you wanna boast because the Charter schools pull the conference through then go ahead, eliminate the Charters and how good are you

Reactions: KW23
Gray Stone won 59 to 43 over albemarle
It's hard to beat a good team 3 or 4 good times in one season. I know Avery was lucky to win, but when the other team knows your every move, seen your offense and defense over and over, they get used to your style of play. Sometimes conference playoff games are harder to win than beating a really good team that you have never seen before.

Coach at East is solid, played at east surry, went to school at uncg, came home and settled in. Had coached in the surry storm aau program for years till he took the high school program over. Brother is jv coach . They have a good thing in place. He is the Head volleyball Coach as well

Last edited:
LOL yeah if you wanna boast because the Charter schools pull the conference through then go ahead, eliminate the Charters and how good are you
There are no Charter schools in the NW1A. I know the point you’re trying to make, but at least get your argument right if you want to have more legitimacy and credibility. There are 2 schools with expanded boundaries compared to traditional schools. They have done very well. In at least 3-4 of the years that Bishop won state titles though, the state champ would have still come out of the NW1A had Bishop not been in the 1A playoffs. It is and has been a highly competitive conference and not carried by just an advantaged school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT