ADVERTISEMENT

Post scores here!

Even tough I wear purple and hate green, I still pull for heritage in the playoffs
This week is gone and next week is a new week that will see others move on to basketball and some of us pick a new team to pull for and mine is always a NWC team no matter who it may be. Good luck with who you may pick.

More respectable than I figured.. glad Andrews is having a run they deserve it.. hope they do some more next year.

TJA will give Elkin a game next week. Very impressed with them on the film I've seen.
I was hoping for a Elkin/Albemarle matchup. They have never played each other that I know of.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
I recall seeing quite a few people saying Andrews would beat or had a chance to upset Elkin.
I quoted if we play well on offense like we’re capable of we had a CHANCE !! Now having said that Elkin is a well coached team and had some very quick receivers. The line play was also strong. All around good team. The QB ran the team good but only threw the little quick passes to the little speedy shifty receiver which killed us. We were stopping the run up the middle early and often and most of the 27 points were from or set up by the short pass on 3rd down. Our cornerbacks played to far off the receiver. Good luck to Elkin next week. Andrews will be back. 17 freshman which played and contributed 15 sophomores and Juniors and only 5 seniors. I have nothing but good thoughts of things to come for the Wildcats. I’m not going to belittle or make excuses but I will say we will get better and will be back

Last edited:
I left early in 2nd half and caught the rest of the game on the radio. Very good broadcast for high school football

I was talking about the Mount Airy guys.

Did listen to WIFM early in the Elkin game though and they provide excellent coverage. None better in the state imo.

I quoted if we play well on offense like we’re capable of we had a CHANCE !! Now having said that Elkin is a well coached team and had some very quick receivers. The line play was also strong. All around good team. The QB ran the team good but only threw the little quick passes to the little speedy shifty receiver which killed us. We were stopping the run up the middle early and often and most of the 27 points were from or set up by the short pass on 3rd down. Our cornerbacks played to far off the receiver. Good luck to Elkin next week. Andrews will be back. 17 freshman which played and contributed 15 sophomores and Juniors and only 5 seniors. I have nothing but good thoughts of things to come for the Wildcats. I’m not going to belittle or make excuses but I will say we will get better and will be back
Does Murphy or Robbinsville have a chance against Elkin?

Reactions: BK13T-$
Does Murphy or Robbinsville have a chance against Elkin?
Will not have a problem at all. You guys will dominate on both sides of the ball. Elkins has no down field passing game just quick hits to their speedy receiver but both Murphy & Robbinsville will sniff that out. Elkin is and has always had a good program but I don’t see them beating TJ to be honest. I hope both Murphy and Robbinsville heels up before the next game. Good luck to SMC from here on out

Reactions: dmcamp
Murphy let WSP put 44 up on them. RVille let Alleghany put up 22. Either would be favored against Elkin imo but I wouldn't say either wouldn't have any trouble with Elkin at this point.

22 points with kids out which made us play alot of kids out of position. We also beat Andrew's by less than Elkin did. I guess we will get beat by Elkin.

Robbinsville offense put 490 yards on Allegheny with a WR playing running back.

22 points with kids out which made us play alot of kids out of position. We also beat Andrew's by less than Elkin did. I guess we will get beat by Elkin.

What if that's the situation if Robbinsville and Elkin meet? Can't make excuses at this point in the year. Like I said at this point anything can happen and no one has a sure victory. Elkin very easily could lose this week, as could Robbinsville.

Murphy let WSP put 44 up on them. RVille let Alleghany put up 22. Either would be favored against Elkin imo but I wouldn't say either wouldn't have any trouble with Elkin at this point.
WSP came in with a team full of athletes and speed running the spread and still couldn’t beat a Murphy team that has lost several players this year. Robbinsville played without their #1 back who is the all time leading rusher in Robbinsville history. In Robbinsville history !! And he is also their leading scorer and tackler ! He will be back Friday. No disrespect to Elkin at all but I watched them last night and I’ve seen Murphy & Robbinsville this year and all my life. I know what they bring. If Elkin crowds the line against either these teams like they did Andrews it will be a long night for them. Of course you have to get by TJ first

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT