ADVERTISEMENT

Post Rescheduled Games Here

I think we jumped the gun here in the east the initial path had it headed towards us, but looking at it now, I think we'll be alright. But it does look bad for the folks out west. How everybody remains safe.
Just saw the updated expected rainfall totals. Areas of the mountains could get up to 30 inches. I'm in Union County but I have family up in Ashe County. Hope they'll be OK. Everyone stay safe 🙏

Just saw the updated expected rainfall totals. Areas of the mountains could get up to 30 inches. I'm in Union County but I have family up in Ashe County. Hope they'll be OK. Everyone stay safe 🙏
I’m at our place in Ashe County now (Fleetwood). Been raining hard since last night. New River is up considerably. Several inches to come with high winds. No school in Ashe or at App State tomorrow.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I’m at our place in Ashe County now (Fleetwood). Been raining hard since last night. New River is up considerably. Several inches to come with high winds. No school in Ashe or at App State tomorrow.
Part of my family lives in West Jefferson area and rest in the community of Creston. My great grandmother use to talk about the bad floods they use to have in that area when she was young. They did replace the bridge down below her old home a few years ago. Hope it holds up.

Part of my family lives in West Jefferson area and rest in the community of Creston. My great grandmother use to talk about the bad floods they use to have in that area when she was young. They did replace the bridge down below her old home a few years ago. Hope it holds up.
Yeah, several low water bridges have been replaced. A couple are still laying in the river, especially over toward Todd. Makes for some interesting kayaking. Creston’s out there!

Me either. Course I don’t fish. Those squirmy little critters have more patience than I do. Got six kayaks outside. May need a couple of them before the night’s over if they don’t blow away first. Couldn’t get me anywhere near that river tonight. It’s angry looking.
Nooo. I just got enough nerve to fish from a John boat 2 years ago. I'm not brave enough for a kayak yet, even though I own one😄.

Geez. I live up in Sparta. My wife and I are used to having limited power cause we are a little off grid and we only use power for just a few things, so we can manage but I’m praying for all of you in path of storm. Stay safe yall. If you get hungry, she just made another pot of her mole rat stew. I’ll be drinking a beer, sitting on the back porch, watching the rain fall all while crushing her stew. So good!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT