ADVERTISEMENT

Post Championship Scores

would someone tell the shelby radio station to quit taking 60 sec commercials during timeouts?? they continually keep coming back and missing out on plays..........very irritating to listen to....or the lack of listening to..................

Last edited:
Reactions: notanyonesfan
would someone tell the shelby radio station to guit taking 60 sec commercials during timeouts?? they continually keep coming back and missing out on plays..........very irritating to listen to....or the lack of listening to..................

Some things never change. Missed a huge fake punt by Shelby in 1998 playoffs because of that.

Shelby up 13-0. Missed xp. 10:32 left in the 2nd qtr. Salisbury had a couple opportunities early and just couldn't take advantage.

would someone tell the shelby radio station to guit taking 60 sec commercials during timeouts?? they continually keep coming back and missing out on plays..........very irritating to listen to....or the lack of listening to..................

As an announcer for Clinton, this happens to us sometimes and have had some complaints, however the commercials from the sponsors pay the bills. No sponsors, no broadcast period. It just it what it is.

I worked in radio myself back in the 70's....doing play by play for Reidsville in football and basketball and we NEVER missed a play because of ads.....we limited sponsors to 30 second spots and worked accordingly from that...depending on situations during game.................

salisbury (or hickory as the color announcer keeps calling them) will be lucky to score in this one....sounds like their O has no solution to shelby's D....Hornets missed their big chance when they didn't score after shelby fumbled the opening kickoff...............

Reactions: PrepFanNC
I worked in radio myself back in the 70's....doing play by play for Reidsville in football and basketball and we NEVER missed a play because of ads.....we limited sponsors to 30 second spots and worked accordingly from that...depending on situations during game.................

That’s cool. We don’t have that luxury. Some spots are longer than others, we do our best. For most that’s a plenty, for some it isn’t, so they have a choice to go to the game or listen and take what they get or don’t go or listen which is always and option too.

I felt after seeing NE beat my darkhorses that they had the Defense to slow Reidsville down potentially but didn’t have the offense to score with them if they couldn’t. Wishing both teams the best.

Were playing pretty bad but defense keeping us ahead of the game. We missed some open recievers first half that would have open the gates wide open

The west has swept all games so far. Reidsville isnt "West" as far as I am concerned. What you had were two EASTERN teams in that game.

The west has swept all games so far. Reidsville isnt "West" as far as I am concerned. What you had were two EASTERN teams in that game.

Looking at the map of NC, Reidsville is a western team. They are part of the Triad region. Sometimes due to ADMs a Triad or mid peidmont area(Salisbury, Thomasville, Davidson County) team has to be sent east.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT