ADVERTISEMENT

Post 45 vs. Kannapolis (Game 1)

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
I definitely got my money's worth in Asheboro tonight. Kannapolis beat Uwharrie 18-16 in 10 innings. In the top of the 10th, a lefty for Kannapolis smashed a two-run homer over right-center for the game-winning runs.

The game was a crazy roller coaster throughout. After four complete, Post 45 held an 8-1 lead. Two innings later, someone gave Kannapolis a big ol' can of spinach while the Post 45 pitching staff turned into the Bad News Bears. Kannapolis scored eight runs in the top of the sixth and chased at least three Post 45 pitchers off the mound. After six complete, Kannapolis held an 11-9 lead.

Top of the seventh, Kannapolis adds three runs to take a 14-9 lead. Many thought the game was over. Nope. Post 45 rallies for five runs to send the game into extra innings.

In the next inning, Kannapolis scores two. Post 45 scores two back. Just an amazing back-and-forth tonight. I lost count of how many pitchers were used.

Tatum Marsh did have a nice solo shot over right-center in the second inning. Game two tomorrow at NW Cabarrus (I think).

I definitely got my money's worth in Asheboro tonight. Kannapolis beat Uwharrie 18-16 in 10 innings. In the top of the 10th, a lefty for Kannapolis smashed a two-run homer over right-center for the game-winning runs.

The game was a crazy roller coaster throughout. After four complete, Post 45 held an 8-1 lead. Two innings later, someone gave Kannapolis a big ol' can of spinach while the Post 45 pitching staff turned into the Bad News Bears. Kannapolis scored eight runs in the top of the sixth and chased at least three Post 45 pitchers off the mound. After six complete, Kannapolis held an 11-9 lead.

Top of the seventh, Kannapolis adds three runs to take a 14-9 lead. Many thought the game was over. Nope. Post 45 rallies for five runs to send the game into extra innings.

In the next inning, Kannapolis scores two. Post 45 scores two back. Just an amazing back-and-forth tonight. I lost count of how many pitchers were used.

Tatum Marsh did have a nice solo shot over right-center in the second inning. Game two tomorrow at NW Cabarrus (I think).
Sounds like an old fashion pitchers duel. 😀 Thanks for the update.

Reactions: smashmouth5
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT