ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: College football playoffs

Why not go to 8 teams? Replace the R+L Who Cares New Orleans Bowl, the Gilda New Mexico Bowl, the Famous Idaho Toilet Bowl and the Quick Lane Jiffy Rube Bowl with some interesting quarterfinal games.

Exactly TGT,take the 5 champions from the major conferences and 3 at large teams and have a playoff,the way it is now is a great first step in that direction and I think the 8 team playoff will eventually happen,their was already controversy this year with the big 12 not getting in,I just don't like the human element of somebody picking teams saying team A is better than team B,somebody is always gonna feel left out,by taking the 5 major conference champs you can eliminate the human element of that part.

Originally posted by TVILLEDAWG2370:
Exactly TGT,take the 5 champions from the major conferences and 3 at large teams and have a playoff,the way it is now is a great first step in that direction and I think the 8 team playoff will eventually happen,their was already controversy this year with the big 12 not getting in,I just don't like the human element of somebody picking teams saying team A is better than team B,somebody is always gonna feel left out,by taking the 5 major conference champs you can eliminate the human element of that part.
I think that is the best option in the current landscape. It will happen in the next five years I believe. There is just too much money to be made off of it for it to not happen.

Just compare many fans will watch some of those meaningless bowls to how many would watch quarterfinal games.

No comparison.

Re: POLL: College football playoffs
TGT posted on 12/16/2014...
Why not go to 8 teams? Replace the R+L Who Cares New Orleans Bowl, the Gilda New Mexico Bowl, the Famous Idaho Toilet Bowl and the Quick Lane Jiffy Rube Bowl with some interesting quarterfinal games.

Would be awesome.^^^^^

I agree it should be 8. I guess the people in charge would be afraid
the lower schools would be left out so they went the easy out. Having 8 playoff games would make the
bowls more quality in the long run. But I guess we have to live with it.

Alabama will probably win. Can't stand them but unless something crazy happens against Ohio State I don't see them not making it. See Orgeon destroying Florida State. I really want them to win it all.

I think in a one winner take all game anything can happen,Ohio state is playing as good as Oregon right now in my opinion,and what makes it even more impressive their playing with their 3rd string QB,no matter what peoples opinion of urban myer is he's one heck of a coach,wish my Nebraska team could get him then we could win some big games,I do think Oregon will win,but really wouldn't be surprised if Ohio st won either,it's gonna be a shoot out,just like the game with Florida st turnovers are gonna be huge,Oregon could have a bad game as well,45pts might not be enough to win this game,it's gonna be a very fast track playing the game on turf.Looks like to me the sec west was way overrated with only the bottom two teams winning their bowl game and that was Texas A&M and Arkansa,first time in 9 years a sec team won't be playing in the championship game,kinda strange to me that we get a college football playoff and all of a sudden no sec team made it to the championship mmmmm??

Makes me wonder about all those BCS championship games if those were actully the two best teams?

I also think the way TCU just destroyed ole miss another SEC west overrated team,that if Ohio St had lost that game the committee that picked the teams would have looked really bad.

This post was edited on 1/2 6:39 PM by TVILLEDAWG2370

I don't think Oho State has a chance a snowball"s chance in hell of beating Oregon.

A lot of people said the same thing when they played Alabama.

I am a non-P5 school supporter and I would love to see a 16 team playoff with the 10 conference winners plus 6 at- large bids. Another option would be have an 8 team p-5 playoff and an 8 team non-P5 playoff if you wanted to separate the two. Use the bowl games to matchup 2's v 2's and 3's v 3's and so on. We let non P5 schools into all other playoffs in the college world, why not football. I know its about the money but let's get real.

Given a chance, the number 4 seed wins it. Given a chance, the No. 8 seed might win it in the future. Let's hope.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT