ADVERTISEMENT

Plymouth vs Robbinsville

Oh right. yeah. Yeah Gal you got any more great game picks? haha.

I'm sure rv is bringing a good crowd to Raleigh, but doubt very seriously its going to feel like a home game for the knights. Plymouth has brought a huge crowd the past 2 championship games against Murphy. Hard to get a home field advantage "feel" in a college stadium, unless its filled to capacity with the home team fans.

Good luck to Rville and Plymouth. Hope its a good game with hard clean hits and hope the Zebra's stay out of it.

Speaking of "environment" for a football game, the Robbinsville facility is in sore need for a bulldozer followed by a total makeover. It is a shame for a program like RHS to take the field in what amounts to a poor youth league stadium.....jmo.

Mule you are a idiot. The field is one of he best around. The stadium is small only holds 2,000. Most people would think Robbinsville was crazy to do what you just said. Leave it alone and add a few more seats on the away side. I think I would worry more about why Tuscola is so bad year in and year out.

Visitor side could use some work. But you have to love the history there and not having a track between you and the field.

You'd think that with all the money Phillips & Jordan put into illegal recruiting through the years that they would fix up that dump of a stadium. Got on here to wish Robbinsville luck. Now not so much.
This post was edited on 12/13 12:41 AM by benpack03

Hey BK, can you stop by Tom's in the morning and bring a couple jars of that clear stuff they make on the Discovery channel to the game? It looks pretty good.

I got tom with me. If he dont quit singing so I can go to sleep im going to .......... Go to sleep Jim Tom.

Originally posted by benpack03:
You'd think that with all the money Phillips & Jordan put into illegal recruiting through the years that they would fix up that dump of a stadium. Got on here to wish Robbinsville luck. Now not so much.
This post was edited on 12/13 12:41 AM by benpack03
haha.

How is bball going for you. PandJ just happened to recuit kids with the same last name. Good one. Good job PandJ. Big Oaks is one of the best in the state and I am sure it is better than your stadium. lol.

Losers. Your team buys players. You are blocked loser.

Well, just so you know...Robbinsville had well over 1,000 fans at the game! lol Didn't fill up the stadium, but it was enough to inspire the team to the win!!

LMAO - Not only did P&J recruit the kids with the same last names back in the 70's, they married to their moms several years before! I played during that period, and I can recall only one "transplant" during that time, and his dad came here from TVA. Shucks, even the students from Stecoah and Mt. View stayed at their schools due to such a big rivalry between the three schools, which often broke out in a fist fight or two on the courts during basketball season. All others had roots here one way or another. You want recruitment - look at Murphy / Hiwassee Dam, and Swain / Cherokee (well maybe not so much Swain / Cherokee)....Murphy may not actively recruit, but any kid in Cherokee County in the southwest corrner who wants to play football will change schools and go to Murphy.

There was between 1700 and 1800 fans. 4 sections of the stands were almost full. Only game this year that we might have had more fans was the Murphy game, but I think we had more in Raleigh.

Muleboy,

Compared to your stadium... Moron
nerd.r191677.gif
... do you think your middle school field is cool with the low income apartments at one end. You must think it is cool because they put carpet down. As for me I would much rather play on grass. The carpet must be why your team is always plagued with injures.... The last time I was there Tuscola's team was pushing mud out from under the visitor bleachers so they could dress. Why don't you bring your girls over and well be happy to add a few to that injury list...just ask your double first sisters over in Canton they remember what they got the last time they came over to this little town with its little stadium.

Troll back on over to Waynesville.

This post was edited on 12/16 2:04 PM by Knight-of-old

Even Murphy hasnt done what this Robbinsville team did this year. Well, Murphy hasnt done it in 20plus years. Robbinsville won the SMC Title and the STATE 1a Title. The last time Muprhy has won both was in the 90s.

Muleboy,

Compared to your stadium... Moron
nerd.r191677.gif

"Blessed is he who expecteth nothing for he is never disappointed." Would you like to see a Google earth comparison? To even suggest that Big Oaks is in the same class of PHS and THS fields and facilities, or is on a par with any stadium in WNC is laughable. I suggest that the Robbinsville venue doesn't compare with any 1A facility around here. Even Andrews or Murphy.

As for me I would much rather play on grass.

I was speaking of the FACILITIES, not necessarily the field. But on that note, Sure....when you find a HS field that has been used for anything else but varsity football with grass still on it in Oct, let us know There isn't one, including RV, and you know it.

Mule, A new stadium has been mentioned before and I thought it would happen soon. But I am not for it. Yes it would be at the RHS and be bigger and nicer. But it would also have a track around it. If I rank a stadium I put the ones with tracks around them near the bottom. Just not a good place to watch a game. 40 feet from the field!!! Also you have to factor in history. Big Oaks has had more STATE TITLEs play on it than your whole county has been in times 2. History is the reason towns keep these old court houses and dont get new ones. You could never replace what Big Oak has with a new stadium. Never. I for one hope we keep Big Oaks alive until all the remaining Oaks are gone. If it was up to me I would of brought in some New and half grown Oaks back in the 90s. If you are looking for a good place to sit with your soccer buddies and talk about how big your SUV is than Big Oaks aint for you. If you want to watch a great game in a place unlike anyother around then THE BIG OAKS is the place to go.

Oh and if I was you I wouldnt worry about The Big Oaks and start worrying about If Tuscola football would even be around or if it would be done away with altogether.

Originally posted by WhoaMule:

I was speaking of the FACILITIES, not necessarily the field. But on that note, Sure....when you find a HS field that has been used for anything else but varsity football with grass still on it in Oct, let us know There isn't one, including RV, and you know it.
Donkeyboy,

The Grass at the Big Oaks held up pretty well through 4 home playoff games. No bare spots at all. The men who take care of it now are doing a great job. Murphy and Swain who seem to last longer than Tuscola or Pisgah year in and year out both have Grass in great condition right now. I cant remember the last time I saw dirt on either field.

Would you like to compare Scoreboards???
wink.r191677.gif

Go on back over to where Football is a once a year social gathering and
enjoy your nice hotdog stand.
smokin.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 12/18 12:50 PM by Knight-of-old

Mule, A new stadium has been mentioned before and I thought it would happen soon. But I am not for it. Yes it would be at the RHS and be bigger and nicer. But it would also have a track around it. If I rank a stadium I put the ones with tracks around them near the bottom. Just not a good place to watch a game. 40 feet from the field!!! Also you have to factor in history. Big Oaks has had more STATE TITLEs play on it than your whole county has been in times 2. History is the reason towns keep these old court houses and dont get new ones. You could never replace what Big Oak has with a new stadium. Never.

No one would suggest abandoning the site, or interfering with the history at all. But even the house that RUTH built underwent upgrades and renovations to the facility. This is what Robbinsville has not done. Hardly anything at all. How would it hurt "tradition" by clearing out a place and put some modern bleachers on the visitors side at least with some decent rest rooms, and enlarge the press box so it can accommodate what a press box is intended to...The press? Maybe a new score board some superficial upgrades. Keep the grass field, if you want to, just as long as it is STILL grass in late OCT. (which most HS fields are definitely not, if they have any other use on them other than 5 or 6 football games a year.) You might look to East Henderson as an example of a venue that was a real !@#$hole until a few basic upgrades made it a great venue for football. ITs not rocket science...One can keep tradition and comfort as well. Lest you forget who pays the bills that enable Robbinsville to excel.

Murphy and Swain who seem to last longer than Tuscola or Pisgah year in and year out both have Grass in great condition right now. I cant remember the last time I saw dirt on either field.

THS PHS have turf fields. For the last 5 years or so. And there is the possibility that the fields at both PHS and THS get far more use on a yearly basis than either Swain Murphy or Robbinsville get. That's the REASON for turf to begin with. I'm not even sure if either of those schools have JV /middle school teams, or soccer teams that would be using the field all at the same season as was always the case at PHS THS (for example) and all other larger schools. There are not enough groundskeepers nor enough $$ in Graham county to keep grass on that field under those conditions.

Would you like to compare Scoreboards???
wink.r191677.gif

Are we talking about facilities or game score there, bud? If you are wanting to compare scoreboards, I will be happy to, at either facility. If yore talking about a SCORE, you need to go back to that thread and crow some there. Kind of silly to attempt to deflect an argument you are losing in such childish ways, don't you think?

We always have grass in the late season and we have more than 5 or 6 games on it. JVs and all the small teams play on it as well. 20 games or more and still have grass.

Originally posted by BK13T-$:
We always have grass in the late season and we have more than 5 or 6 games on it. JVs and all the small teams play on it as well. 20 games or more and still have grass.
I would have to take BKs side on this one , when we played the conference game there they had plenty of grass , it was about 6" high , by the 3rd round it was beat down to about 3 ". LOL , no kidding their grass was fine.

If you have never been on a field with the new sports turf I will tell you it is nice. There is no comparison to it and the old Astro Turf. It has the feel of playing on a natural grass field without the bad spots as well as being on a perfectly flat surface.

This post was edited on 12/24 6:45 PM by No.1RamsFan

Originally posted by No.1RamsFan:
If you have never been on a field with the new sports turf I will tell you it is nice. There is no comparison to it and the old Astro Turf. It has the feel of playing on a natural grass field without the bad spots as well as being on a perfectly flat surface.

This post was edited on 12/24 6:45 PM by No.1RamsFan
It does have its advantages Ramsfan Ill say that, but...Now this isn't proven by statistics, but it appears to me that I have seen far more season ending injuries since that field has been installed. And shoulder injuries seem to be higher in quantity than they were. Its soft to a point, but very hard underneath, and it will not give when trying to change direction. But they can play 40 soccer games or more, youth league games middle school games JV/ varsity football games and bands on the field without losing a blade of grass, and with no painting, mowing or maintenance for the most part. It truly does almost pay for itself over the life of the turf...I think they said it was 10-12 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT