ADVERTISEMENT

Plymouth chances in 1aa

TVILLEDAWG2370

Nov 25, 2012
Plymouth football has been the dominate team in the small 1a east for a good while now,how would they fare in the 1aa ranks this year and in years past?

Probably 5th in the 1AA east this year which is pretty good. James Kenan, Tarboro, WRose Hill, and Princeton all really good this year obviously.

Originally posted by TVILLEDAWG2370:
Plymouth football has been the dominate team in the small 1a east for a good while now,how would they fare in the 1aa ranks this year and in years past?
If you really want to know, schedule some good 1AA programs during regular season. Anything else would be pure speculation.

I know they beat a really good Edenton Holmes team this year and last year,but got beat pretty good by WRH back in 09-10,being out scored 80-6 in those games,so I understand your point JD

Obviously we got our you know whats handed to us back in 09 and 10.. Those were some really strong WRH teams! Not taking anything away from them but we werent quite the team we have been the last couple of years either. Now do I think we would beat them now, probably not. But I do think we would make it more difficult on WRH then we did then. I think we are a top 5 team in the east in 1AA. Thats not to shabby considering we have 400 kids in the school. And the 1AA EAST this year was brutal! As far scheduling goes, I don't think it's as easy to do as some think. We had Farmville Central and Edenton on the schedule, both teams made the semifinals in the 2A EAST. Thats not to shabby...

Originally posted by vikingfan08:
Obviously we got our you know whats handed to us back in 09 and 10.. Those were some really strong WRH teams! Not taking anything away from them but we werent quite the team we have been the last couple of years either. Now do I think we would beat them now, probably not. But I do think we would make it more difficult on WRH then we did then. I think we are a top 5 team in the east in 1AA. Thats not to shabby considering we have 400 kids in the school. And the 1AA EAST this year was brutal! As far scheduling goes, I don't think it's as easy to do as some think. We had Farmville Central and Edenton on the schedule, both teams made the semifinals in the 2A EAST. Thats not to shabby...
Is Plymouth as good this year as they were last year or in 2012?

I think we are. Young guys upfront this year but they have developed well! Lost some linebackers and there replacements have played admirably! Offensively we have multiple weapons, defensively we are relentless. Fortunately for us, alot of these guys have seen the big stage before. I'm hoping that works to our advantage this week as well as the next. I wish we could have had an opportunity to play Murphy again, those were 2 great games!

This post was edited on 12/1 10:02 PM by vikingfan08

I think we are. Young guys upfront this year but they have developed well! Lost some linebackers and there replacements have played admirably! Offensively we have multiple weapons, defensively we are relentless. Fortunately for us, alot of these guys have seen the big stage before. I'm hoping that works to our advantage this week as well as the next. I wish we could have had an opportunity to play Murphy again, those were 2 great games!

This post was edited on 12/1 10:02 PM by vikingfan08
Yeah I was hoping for the rubber match with Plymouth too, but it just wasn't meant to be this year. The Dogs had too many devastating injuries to key players. Still made a nice run but 2014 will always be remembered for what could have been. It's a shame that senior group had to go out like that. But I'm glad to hear that the vikings are great again! Robbinsville is tough and physical on both sides of the ball. They don't do anything fancy and they aren't as fast or as explosive as the Murphy teams you have seen the past two years. They just line up and come right at you on O and they hit and fly to the ball on D. Good luck in two weeks (I'm assuming Plymouth and Robbinsville both win Friday).

This post was edited on 12/2 11:36 AM by NC nole fan

Rubber match would have been one for the ages, I am truly sorry for those seniors that wont get that chance at another ring! As far as R-ville is concerned... I hear they are very talented on both sides and play a style of football similiar to ours. Hoping we can win this week to see how we match with those guys! I can tell you, losing in the championship game has lit a fire under these guys, with the returning players on both sides of the ball I like our chances. But the game isnt won on message boards, its gonna be done on the field! Hopefully our overall team speed will give Lakewood this week and whoever next week some problems! Looking forward to whatever transpires, just hope for safe travels and no injuries for anybody!

Rubber match would have been one for the ages, I am truly sorry for those seniors that wont get that chance at another ring! As far as R-ville is concerned... I hear they are very talented on both sides and play a style of football similiar to ours. Hoping we can win this week to see how we match with those guys! I can tell you, losing in the championship game has lit a fire under these guys, with the returning players on both sides of the ball I like our chances. But the game isnt won on message boards, its gonna be done on the field! Hopefully our overall team speed will give Lakewood this week and whoever next week some problems! Looking forward to whatever transpires, just hope for safe travels and no injuries for anybody!
What you heard about Robbinsville is correct, but if you guys are as good as last year I think you will win. Good luck! It should be a great game. Much respect for the vikings!

This post was edited on 12/2 12:04 PM by NC nole fan

Good football team. Would like to see them add more challenging teams to their non schedule like Northeastern or take a trip to Duplin Co, play James Kenan or the Dogs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT