ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Projections

I don't think either team would have a problem scoring against Creek. The question is can they score enough.

Anyone who watches EF & WF offense and say they would have no problem scoring against MC is not being objective at all.
Go Figure. Tommy Knotts has won the last 3 State Championships and a total of 11, was very concern with MC's defense. What's your secret?

I'm curious to know what exactly on offense they would have success doing?

I know at one point Forsyth county required schools to play in county schools for all or almost all non conference games which really limited our options. Looks like this has changed recently as only 2 in county non conf games this year. We've branched out with scrimmages in recent years to take on the top teams so hopefully we'll get some on the game schedule soon.

St. Frances (Baltimore) is really having problem with their scheduling. They'll travel anywhere. FL,CA,NJ etc.. They're ranked right behind Mater Dei. :) You'll definitely know who you are, after that game.

St. Frances (Baltimore) is really having problem with their scheduling. They'll travel anywhere. FL,CA,NJ etc.. They're ranked right behind Mater Dei. :) You'll definitely know who you are, after that game.

Bring it on!!!

So West Forsyth barely escaped East and now they are world beaters? This dude's head blew up like a hot air balloon!!!!! I believe out of all the teams he has mentioned they will be the first to be dribbling a basketball.

So what would be the point if they are going to lose?

Re read the thread and you'll see my point. I feel like I'm speaking to children when I talk to some of you with how quick y'all change the subject and how often y'all avoid certain points.

Re read the thread and get back to me if you want to.

So West Forsyth barely escaped East and now they are world beaters? This dude's head blew up like a hot air balloon!!!!! I believe out of all the teams he has mentioned they will be the first to be dribbling a basketball.

You acting like East are scrubs. I don't know if you're talking about CPC or me, but I believe East could beat you guys as well. Creek is truly the only juggernaut this year.

Last edited:
Unfortunately for EF. Their OL has not faced anything close to MC’s size & depth. Especially not a 5 star freak coming of the edge. He’s 1 of 7, who’ll be playing on Saturday. Hell! Elijah Hood was held to less than a 100. If your only option against MC is running, you’re going to get smoked. MC front 7 are elite.

But is their only option running? Or is that all they've shown because it's all they needed? QTNA.

But is their only option running? Or is that all they've shown because it's all they needed? QTNA.
Ok Man! I see where this is going. We almost beat WF, but we would have no problem running & scoring against MC. This is the reason why people show up like clock work to laugh at your comments every year. You & I both know, you’re not playing MC. 2nd EF was exposed the last 2 games on some things they need to work on.. As of today, putting them in a conversation with MC is a joke.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raiders Rollin
Ok Man! I see where this is going. We almost beat WF, but we would have no problem running & scoring against MC. This is the reason why people show up like clock work to laugh at your comments every year. You & I both know, you’re not playing MC. 2nd EF was exposed by a lot of things they need to work on. As of today, putting them in a conversation with MC is a joke.

And this is why we need to play each other more than once a year in November. East has a long way to go but big goal is still there. Won't see mallard creek in 2019 so who cares who is better.

And this is why we need to play each other more than once a year in November. East has a long way to go but big goal is still there. Won't see mallard creek in 2019 so who cares who is better.

Being objective as possible. That team that played against Grimsley and WF would have much bigger problems playing MC this year. They should have some big concerns repeating last years results.

Last edited:
Being objective as possible. That team that played against Grimsley and WF would have much bigger problems playing MC this year. They should have some big concerns repeating last years results.

No excuses but we didn't see the best east has to offer in either of those games. Fully agreed that there are concerns but being better than mallard creek is not one of them.

Reactions: nepsy7
You acting like East are scrubs. I don't know if you're talking about CPC or me, but I believe East could beat you guys as well. Creek is truly the only juggernaut this year.
East or West Forsyth wouldn't come within 2 TDS of Richmond. Sorry to bust that huge hot air balloon you call a head.

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
DF has only played 1 above 500 team since MC. 5-2 blythewood

They lost 1 game in 3 years. River Bluff was 6-0, lost to DF 48-14. Also Chapin is over 500,. Use Google next time. It's all there.

Last edited:
Well, we all know East and West aren't, now don't we?

Sorry, just not sold on Creeks Offense! And definitely NOT Vance! Mooresville...LoL. Just doesn’t impress me... Jaylen Samuels is NOT out there playing every position! You guys from Charlotte don’t like East and West Forsyth’s D and maybe the folks around here find those two offenses rather boring. I really feel Myers Park is the cream of the crop for the Charlotte area and that tie should count against the Creek’s seeding(Blemish).
No one ever impresses you but you're beloved Central Piedmont Conference. So, carry on.

Explain why instead of jabs..
Because I believe we are just that much better than anyone not in Mecklenburg county named Creek, Vance, or Myers Park. Not that I really need to explain myself. But these guys from Forsyth county talking crazy right now so I gotta take shots.

Reactions: Raider7967
Because I believe we are just that much better than anyone not in Mecklenburg county named Creek, Vance, or Myers Park. Not that I really need to explain myself. But these guys from Forsyth county talking crazy right now so I gotta take shots.
They're always talking crazy. A Forsyth team has success against one of their top brethren and they always think they're world beaters. The problem is they hardly play anyone outside of their own area. So, to them, when comparing themselves to themselves they may look impressive. But, when reality hits home and they play a top team outside of their area, mainly a Meck County team and this year also Richmond, they're always hit with a surprise and leave the game wondering what happened. Then you have the one guy posting a link from a forum post about EF and MC from 2015. That was the problem with that game coming down to the last minute. In their eyes it means they're program is now elite with the other top teams in NC. But that season was an aberration. They had an unusually high level of talent. Then last year in the 4A title game, they darned near choked in that one against a Scotland team that came limping into the championship game. If I were a top Meck County team this year, I'd be a bit more concerned about Richmond than I would be West or East, if they were in 4AA again. East will probably go 4A and they will have challenges there. As soon as West comes up against MC, Vance, Myers Park or Richmond, if they were to go west, the Titans season is over once they hit one of those top four teams. In my opinion, it's those four then everyone else a notch below. I full expect one of those four teams to be in the state title game and for two of them to be there if Richmond goes east.

They're always talking crazy. A Forsyth team has success against one of their top brethren and they always think they're world beaters. The problem is they hardly play anyone outside of their own area. So, to them, when comparing themselves to themselves they may look impressive. But, when reality hits home and they play a top team outside of their area, mainly a Meck County team and this year also Richmond, they're always hit with a surprise and leave the game wondering what happened. Then you have the one guy posting a link from a forum post about EF and MC from 2015. That was the problem with that game coming down to the last minute. In their eyes it means they're program is now elite with the other top teams in NC. But that season was an aberration. They had an unusually high level of talent. Then last year in the 4A title game, they darned near choked in that one against a Scotland team that came limping into the championship game. If I were a top Meck County team this year, I'd be a bit more concerned about Richmond than I would be West or East, if they were in 4AA again. East will probably go 4A and they will have challenges there. As soon as West comes up against MC, Vance, Myers Park or Richmond, if they were to go west, the Titans season is over once they hit one of those top four teams. In my opinion, it's those four then everyone else a notch below. I full expect one of those four teams to be in the state title game and for two of them to be there if Richmond goes east.
We have beat East and West Forsyth several times over the years in the regular season and playoffs. In 08 East was supposed to take us out. They only had one loss but we came to their house and beat them by 14.

History says you're correct and West will be taken out (likely in a blowout) as soon as they meet a decent team from outside the triad. They do seem to have more size than normal and played with a lot of passion the other night, felt like it was their super bowl. (Not sure east students would have stormed the field if they had won, but who knows.) But can they match that intensity each playoff game? As has been stated, 1 good back and 1 great back with a big O line. But do they have a secondary option when someone slows that down? Their D gave everything they had Friday night and they still gave up 38 points to east backup offense. I'd like to see Forsyth County bring home the big and little 4A rings, but I'm not betting on it. West might keep it more respectable this year though, maybe.

East will be fine as long as they stay healthy. Grimsley won't be overlooked if they match up again. Don't see anyone else in the west that offers much of a threat, unless Vance goes small. And I'd ike our chances in that one also if Vance O is struggling as much as you guys say they are. I still expect a rematch in the title game with Scotland.

Last edited:
I wish people would just listen to me from time to time on here. I'm not saying I know everything but I do know Triad football. I really think West Forsyth is on upset alert now. What I was upset with was how West acted after the game. No it wasn't classless or anything bad. They just went crazy after it. They beat East Forsyth people in a regular season conference match up. They almost choked away the game but thats another story for another day and their players coaches and fans stormed the field like they actually won something more than just 1 game! You are West Forsyth you are ranked top 5 in the State in most polls you have beat East Forsyth before why are you celebrating like you won States or even Conference? I picked the Titans to win the conference but after seeing how much this one game was like their State Championship I see them losing a conference game and sharing the CPC with the Eagles. Coach Snow better get these coaches and players focused or Davie could pull the upset. Davie can score points. Not saying it will happen but as we saw with Glenn Reagan anything can happen.

Reactions: Ben-Badd and btango
I wish people would just listen to me from time to time on here. I'm not saying I know everything but I do know Triad football. I really think West Forsyth is on upset alert now. What I was upset with was how West acted after the game. No it wasn't classless or anything bad. They just went crazy after it. They beat East Forsyth people in a regular season conference match up. They almost choked away the game but thats another story for another day and their players coaches and fans stormed the field like they actually won something more than just 1 game! You are West Forsyth you are ranked top 5 in the State in most polls you have beat East Forsyth before why are you celebrating like you won States or even Conference? I picked the Titans to win the conference but after seeing how much this one game was like their State Championship I see them losing a conference game and sharing the CPC with the Eagles. Coach Snow better get these coaches and players focused or Davie could pull the upset. Davie can score points. Not saying it will happen but as we saw with Glenn Reagan anything can happen.

I actually liked the post game emotion. Big game, huge momentum swings. Not a problem for me.

I think they are a very good team. Think there are years where I would give them a shot. I think they have several great pieces. I also think they have bigger weaknesses then several possible playoff opponents.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
History says you're correct and West will be taken out (likely in a blowout) as soon as they meet a decent team from outside the triad. They do seem to have more size than normal and played with a lot of passion the other night, felt like it was their super bowl. (Not sure east students would have stormed the field if they had won, but who knows.) But can they match that intensity each playoff game? As has been stated, 1 good back and 1 great back with a big O line. But do they have a secondary option when someone slows that down? Their D gave everything they had Friday night and they still gave up 38 points to east backup offense. I'd like to see Forsyth County bring home the big and little 4A rings, but I'm not betting on it. West might keep it more respectable this year though, maybe.

East will be fine as long as they stay healthy. Grimsley won't be overlooked if they match up again. Don't see anyone else in the west that offers much of a threat, unless Vance goes small. And I'd ike our chances in that one also if Vance O is struggling as much as you guys say they are. I still expect a rematch in the title game with Scotland.
Not struggling...we have a new coaching staff trying to force a scheme on offense that jus isnt working...question is like brand would do is notice what he has and make adjustments so I'm looking to see if he does the same.

RC is not getting beat by 3 tds to anyone in the state of nc PERIOD! I'm hoping my Scots can keep it close and pull it out in the 4th but rc offensively is very hard nut to crack.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT