ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Projections

How about Richmond just win the conference this year. I like Scotland in that SEC race.. The only 4A team that might be better than East Forsyth is Probably Scotland. I would take West or East Forsyth over Richmond by 2 or 3TDs.

Richmond beat Scotland by about twenty last game of 2018 regular season winning the conference. Only loss was to undefeated state champion, Wake Forest.

The Richmond QB and backs would create big problems in those matchups.

Richmond beat Scotland by about twenty last game of 2018 regular season winning the conference. Only loss was to undefeated state champion, Wake Forest.

The Richmond QB and backs would create big problems in those matchups.
It was 2 scores to SC and tightly contested until late. RC is much better than last year but SC is a whole lot better. When these two play what happened last year is irrelevant. Going into that game everyone said it would be a slaughter far from it. Those kids know each other and respect each other so the level of play rises in most cases. SC problem is an anemic offense when it meets equal or better talent this year. We will pose problems for RC on D but as I said on the other site the amount of pressure they put on a defense is unlike anything I have seen from any other team in the state this year. Have not seen them all but Hood while he might not be the passer of Maye - Maye is nowhere near the athlete and the receivers and backs are a notch below their crew. RC is the real deal . I believe bthey can be had and SC has the athletes to do it just not sure we have the offensive attack. Time will tell. MC is the only team I would call a clear cut favorite over RC. Everyone else has to play perfect and force RC into some turnovers and bad field position all night. There D can be scored on for sure.

It was 2 scores to SC and tightly contested until late. RC is much better than last year but SC is a whole lot better. When these two play what happened last year is irrelevant. Going into that game everyone said it would be a slaughter far from it. Those kids know each other and respect each other so the level of play rises in most cases. SC problem is an anemic offense when it meets equal or better talent this year. We will pose problems for RC on D but as I said on the other site the amount of pressure they put on a defense is unlike anything I have seen from any other team in the state this year. Have not seen them all but Hood while he might not be the passer of Maye - Maye is nowhere near the athlete and the receivers and backs are a notch below their crew. RC is the real deal . I believe bthey can be had and SC has the athletes to do it just not sure we have the offensive attack. Time will tell. MC is the only team I would call a clear cut favorite over RC. Everyone else has to play perfect and force RC into some turnovers and bad field position all night. There D can be scored on for sure.

You think the receivers for Richmond and better than MP?

I said a notch below maybe 2 notches but they are long and fast they are not anyone someone should discount.

No, I agree the Richmond kids are very good. MP may very well have one of the best QB- WR combo in the country. MP's issue is the same as last year. Might be worse based on some of the Butler game. Stopping run and keeping Maye upright.

No, I agree the Richmond kids are very good. MP may very well have one of the best QB- WR combo in the country. MP's issue is the same as last year. Might be worse based on some of the Butler game. Stopping run and keeping Maye upright.
Here is what I see with RC they make you defend on every level. They run that read option like Auburn did with Nick Marshall and if you make one mistake you will be lining up for an extra point. It's assignment football against some really good HS players. That is tough to defend. If MP cannot run the ball or defend the run their days are numbered.

1. Sorry, just not sold on Creeks Offense! And definitely NOT Vance! Mooresville...LoL. Just doesn’t impress me... Jaylen Samuels is NOT out there playing every position! You guys from Charlotte don’t like East and West Forsyth’s D and maybe the folks around here find those two offenses rather boring. I really feel Myers Park is the cream of the crop for the Charlotte area and that tie should count against the Creek’s seeding(Blemish).
    Jaylen Samuels? You really don’t follow Football, if you believe Samuels’s was the only elite kid on offense @ the Creek. Which one of the Cupcakes teams, did MP play that made you fall in love with their offense? Lmao!

West Forsyth is a good team. Probably their best team in years. With that said you never know how good they are relative to 4AA until they actually get to the playoffs. They don't play a weak schedule as they have played AC Reynolds quite a bit and beat them, and handled Dudley this year, who has destroyed every opponent since. However, they never seem to schedule elite 4AA schools that they will see later on. They are scoring more points this year than usual, and their ofrensive line is big as well as talented.

It remains to be seen if they will be a state title contender. They will get a high seed and will get their chance soon enough.

Last edited:
Vance escapes Mooresville, 20-14...we know what West did to Mooresville (running clock) The Charlotte Posters are all giddy over the defenses .....Well, I feel they are behind somewhat on the offensive side of things. I thought Mallard Creek and Vance were average offenses when they played each other... Now Myers Park’s offense looks the part. I like them.
great offenses look average vs great defenses. U can always tell novice football aficionados vs true football minds. If ur not putting up points the offense is trash or average. Did u see Myers Park last yr in the regional finals? A team that was putting 30+ on people only scored 13? Even this yr vs creek...they were averaging 30+, they only scored 17...and was held to 3 up into the 3rd quarter. U gotta g
Feel good when u can hold a team as explosive as Creek to 17 pts...Look at the heritage team we jus played...take a look at their record n results vs playing us.. same as Huss, even tho they're 3a they still are beating who they play against. Im not trying to make light our offensive problems but I rather b exposed now early in the season than in the playoffs so I'm confident the coaching staff will analyze n make adjustments. It kills me people only look at offense and never take into play how much EVEYTHING ELSE matters.

Ok I have a question and anybody can answer.....have been a 4a team(4A/4AA) with a dynamic passing offense with a top tier QB with dynamic receivers that has won the state championship in the last 5yrs??

For some reason the people up in RC think they are so good for some reason, I feel as if EF will beat Richmond on the road if they were to play ...

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
It was 2 scores to SC and tightly contested until late. RC is much better than last year but SC is a whole lot better.

Well aware, big fella. Using that game as an example of Scotland as a common opponent for Richmond and East Forsyth last season.

For some reason the people up in RC think they are so good for some reason, I feel as if EF will beat Richmond on the road if they were to play ...
Well they are not unless RC goes small but EF has issues with stopping the run. RC will jam it down their throats. This past week they said forget passing and they ran for damn near 350 yards against a Jack Britt team that has some players. EF is very good but they have major issues against quality run teams.

Have not seen them all but Hood while he might not be the passer of Maye - Maye is nowhere near the athlete and the receivers and backs are a notch below their crew.

Myers Park receiving corp is elite. I admire what Greg Williams does with his receiving corp but MP has two big time elite pass catchers and a lot of depth there. I acutally think they have bailed Hood out several times when I saw them with catches and YAC above and beyond what is expected. They also block like demons in the running game! The MP running backs, though seldom used, are very good but probably not as bruising or at least not as much as the main back for Richmond who is super aggressive.

Well they are not unless RC goes small but EF has issues with stopping the run. RC will jam it down their throats. This past week they said forget passing and they ran for damn near 350 yards against a Jack Britt team that has some players. EF is very good but they have major issues against quality run teams.

The line blocking, often a bit undersized over the years, is excellent, and the backs are super quick and run very hard. When they get one with a little size, which they have, it makes life tough for the defense.

Reactions: Raider7967
Ok I have a question and anybody can answer.....have been a 4a team(4A/4AA) with a dynamic passing offense with a top tier QB with dynamic receivers that has won the state championship in the last 5yrs??

2015 Mallard Creek

James Smith- QB EKU
Ryan Jones- WR Oklahoma
Thad Moss- TE LSU
Thomas Gordon WR Furman
Harbison WR- Mars Hill

2015 as noted by Wrigley. MC was able to run it and I would not really call them a dynamic passing team as they relied on the running backs and Smith's feet a lot but when needed Smith is the most "clutch" QB I can remember watching play in this state. He could spin it and was not afraid to air it out. The pass is what saved them and opened it up for the O that year and had been the difference the last three seasons. (James Summers, Page 2011 title team, would be in that mix but Smith seemed to do it more times over three years.)

Reactions: PagePirates44
2015 as noted by Wrigley. MC was able to run it and I would not really call them a dynamic passing team as they relied on the running backs and Smith's feet a lot but when needed Smith is the most "clutch" QB I can remember watching play in this state. He could spin it and was not afraid to air it out. The pass is what saved them and opened it up for the O that year and had been the difference the last three seasons. (James Summers, Page 2011 title team, would be in that mix but Smith seemed to do it more times over three years.)
I mean a team like MP, with basically no running game..doesnt try and even when they do try it doesnt work. Everybody is ready to crown MP the champs... I'm sorry I'm not convinced.

Myers Park receiving corp is elite. I admire what Greg Williams does with his receiving corp but MP has two big time elite pass catchers and a lot of depth there. I acutally think they have bailed Hood out several times when I saw them with catches and YAC above and beyond what is expected. They also block like demons in the running game! The MP running backs, though seldom used, are very good but probably not as bruising or at least not as much as the main back for Richmond who is super aggressive.
No I agree on Myers Park their receivers are the best in the state and maybe the entire country. i was saying that the kids at RC are no slouches. They are just as big as the kids from MP from height standpoint but they are not as polished when it comes to route running and catching but I doubt there are many schools that would turn them down - lol. I think there is separation after RC and MC with MC just having to many dawgs. Then I think Vance and MP are in the next group with the last group being everyone else lead by SC/EF & WF. You have to play some defense and be able to stop the run. that concerns me about MP being in that 2nd tier. Vance and SC have some of the same traits defense is carrying the load and offense still needs to find itself against quality defenses. Vance can ride their D to the Western finals probably same with SC to the Eastern 4a Finals though Vance has more D1 players that can do the unthinkable. SC kids are just tough and undersized but run well and will put your d in the dirt. They will struggle against big lines and big backs if they can be blocked with all the stunts and blitzing they do.

Reactions: Raider7967
Here is what I see with RC they make you defend on every level. They run that read option like Auburn did with Nick Marshall and if you make one mistake you will be lining up for an extra point. It's assignment football against some really good HS players. That is tough to defend. If MP cannot run the ball or defend the run their days are numbered.
All bets are off if Richmond goes east.

They ran it more in 2015 because of the OC and because that was a very good defensive team. I think you would be surprised to look at LJs stats in 2014 with Cox as the OC. He had Horton, Greer and Medley at TE. That team threw it a bunch.

I mean a team like MP, with basically no running game..doesnt try and even when they do try it doesnt work. Everybody is ready to crown MP the champs... I'm sorry I'm not convinced.

I don't think it's the offense that will be an issue for MP. There inability to get stops on the ground would seem to me their biggest liability.

They ran it more in 2015 because of the OC and because that was a very good defensive team. I think you would be surprised to look at LJs stats in 2014 with Cox as the OC. He had Horton, Greer and Medley at TE. That team threw it a bunch.

The last 2 State Championship team. James Smith threw for over 3000 yards, each year. Plus he could make you pay, with his ability to run. Horton & Greer both finished with over 1000 yards receiving their senior year. Those teams also had vicious run games.

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
Trust me I'm not a MP hater, they're a great team with some terrific talent especially on offense n Maye is probably best player in the state and he has 1 more yr left. But there is jus 2 much pressure for Maye to b perfect..how good are they if hes 70%? 50%? Can they win if he has a bad day? We can honestly say MC can win if Noller isnt 100% per the Vance game. I dont know much about RC all I hear about is Hood but all will come out as the season goes on about them. Its a definite we can win or at least have a chance to win with a bad performance from our QB. My question again is what team can grind out a win if all odds is against them or they play a team that shuts down what u like to do. At least one or 2 games every team will play a team that does that. I'm jus not sure about MP.

Myers Park could possibly make a 1st round exit without Maye. He's the engine that drives them. They go as far as he takes them. Wr’s can’t throw to themselves. If they actually have a run game, they’ve done a great job of hiding it.

Last edited:
“Warhead quotes” “I picked the Titans to win the conference but after seeing how much this one game was like their State Championship I see them losing a conference game and sharing the CPC with the Eagles. Coach Snow better get these coaches and players focused or Davie could pull the upset. Davie can score points. Not saying it will happen but as we saw with Glenn Reagan anything can happen.”

Geez Warhead, they broke a 21 game win streak, it’s your rival and they have been chirping all week about “The Nest”, “LET THE KIDS CELEBRATE” geez
I don't agree nor do I see your scenario happening. Not at all, I actually don’t see anymore close games until 4AA pod of death. So Let’s sit back and watch it unfold.

I'm not involved like you obviously are CPC. I just watch the games and give my opinion on what I see. I do pull for our local teams when it comes State Championship time. Other than that I pull for NW Guilford but I don't know the coaches like I did when Coach Woodruff was the HC. Now as far as West goes I could care less if they got nuts dunk coach Snow with Gatorade and stormed the field. I was shocked that West was celebrating the win like they won the State Championship! If West was 1-6 and sucked I could see them acting like that after beating East Forsyth but all I was saying is they acted like East was really far ahead of them and this was some huge upset not a team that went in expecting to win and make a run at the State Championship. Hate to sound cliche but this seemed like their State title game. It will be really interesting to how West responds and if they will be upset because no game they play the rest of the season will be as big as that one. I'm not hating on West like many of you West fans think.

I kind of agree, Warhead. I know it is a big rivalry game but it is only the first one of the rest of the season. Kids want to celebrate and it often is driven up a notch by the fans and students in the stands. Either way I am fine with but I always felt it was best to save it until the last game!

I'm not involved like you obviously are CPC. I just watch the games and give my opinion on what I see. I do pull for our local teams when it comes State Championship time. Other than that I pull for NW Guilford but I don't know the coaches like I did when Coach Woodruff was the HC. Now as far as West goes I could care less if they got nuts dunk coach Snow with Gatorade and stormed the field. I was shocked that West was celebrating the win like they won the State Championship! If West was 1-6 and sucked I could see them acting like that after beating East Forsyth but all I was saying is they acted like East was really far ahead of them and this was some huge upset not a team that went in expecting to win and make a run at the State Championship. Hate to sound cliche but this seemed like their State title game. It will be really interesting to how West responds and if they will be upset because no game they play the rest of the season will be as big as that one. I'm not hating on West like many of you West fans think.

They're a quote that says. "Act like you've been there before" Unfortunately with programs that are not used to winning it's part of the process of understanding how to carry yourself after a big win. Yes celebrate, but realize there's a lot more work to do. The next team you play, could care less about your previous win.

Reactions: Warhead1
They are kids act like they want to act as long as its respectable. Some of those kids will never wear a football uniform again after the second week of December if they make it that far!

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
They are kids act like they want to act as long as its respectable. Some of those kids will never wear a football uniform again after the second week of December if they make it that far!

Agree 100%. Emotionally charged game. Roller coaster 2nd half. Beat your rival on their field....have at it.

They're a quote that says. "Act like you've been there before" Unfortunately with programs that are not used to winning it's part of the process of understanding how to carry yourself after a big win. Yes celebrate, but realize there's a lot more work to do. The next team you play, could care less about your previous win.

That is why I said what I said. Nobody listens to me on these things so what the hell do I know? I'm just saying West treated East like they should get a ring after that win. After I saw the Game of Inches video that had coach Snow Mic'd up it was 10x worse than what I thought it was. The kids going nuts is one thing but the coaches were acting like they won States. Again, I could care less if they celebrate I'm just saying the moment may have been too big for the West Forsyth Titans. They came out flat against Davie and QB Nate Hampton shredded them. West will get back focused after this one and still win conference but its a shame they couldn't hold it together for a few weeks then go nuts. Now you're going on the road in the 4AA. Good luck with that! Only chance you have is to play the Charlotte powers at your place like East Forsyth did in 2015. I would say East Forsyth may grab a portion of the conference but they are so banged up it may be Davie or even Reagan grabbing a slice or could we have a 3 way tie for 1st?

That is why I said what I said. Nobody listens to me on these things so what the hell do I know? I'm just saying West treated East like they should get a ring after that win. After I saw the Game of Inches video that had coach Snow Mic'd up it was 10x worse than what I thought it was. The kids going nuts is one thing but the coaches were acting like they won States. Again, I could care less if they celebrate I'm just saying the moment may have been too big for the West Forsyth Titans. They came out flat against Davie and QB Nate Hampton shredded them. West will get back focused after this one and still win conference but its a shame they couldn't hold it together for a few weeks then go nuts. Now you're going on the road in the 4AA. Good luck with that! Only chance you have is to play the Charlotte powers at your place like East Forsyth did in 2015. I would say East Forsyth may grab a portion of the conference but they are so banged up it may be Davie or even Reagan grabbing a slice or could we have a 3 way tie for 1st?

EF is back focused they will win conference and there not losing another game until December is over, trust me even doing their warmups tonight they looked focused and locked in !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT