ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Projections

NWWatchdog

Feb 21, 2003
Nick Stevens does a solid job with playoff projections each year. Below is the link to his WRAL high school website. On the page, he has separate links/stories with projections for each classification (both boys and girls).

LINK

Reactions: Heritage 84
Nick Stevens does a solid job with playoff projections each year. Below is the link to his WRAL high school website. On the page, he has separate links/stories with projections for each classification (both boys and girls).

LINK
Yeah he is close. North Rowan and Mitchell will be swapped.

It's a crapshoot at this point. Who will go east Who will go west. Heke the playoff committee don't even know that's how educated they are.
I don't think there will ever be a perfect solution. One thing I will say is let the rankings of teams matter. Quit with all the conference nonsense. Put the best teams in period

I don't think there will ever be a perfect solution. One thing I will say is let the rankings of teams matter. Quit with all the conference nonsense. Put the best teams in period
Don't put a bunch of bad teams with a bad conference in when you know they are going to get killed in 1st round. Use the eye test on teams. Can this team win some games? Bad teams in playoffs makes nc basketball as a whole look bad

Don't put a bunch of bad teams with a bad conference in when you know they are going to get killed in 1st round. Use the eye test on teams. Can this team win some games? Bad teams in playoffs makes nc basketball as a whole look bad
Anybody want to bet on how bad cherryville and Lincoln charter get beat ?

Just hope my Forest Hills Yellow Jackets keep rolling......this team may be even better than last year's state Championship team. You never know though. Some unexpected team could make a run, get hot and beat anyone. Seen it happen in the NCAA tournament several times.

Just hope my Forest Hills Yellow Jackets keep rolling......this team may be even better than last year's state Championship team. You never know though. Some unexpected team could make a run, get hot and beat anyone. Seen it happen in the NCAA tournament several times.
Farmville Central better

We'll see........the polls said the same thing about Greene Central going into last year's playoffs.
Greene Central was never the best team in 2A east last year they lucked up against Clinton and played they best game against Farmville Central.

Greene Central was never the best team in 2A east last year they lucked up against Clinton and played they best game against Farmville Central.
Getting to the state in any sport is not luck. Definitely if you beat two good teams along the way. The teams that make good runs are usually going to play best in playoffs or they are going to home. I'm my opinion the state champion is the best team. Seen forest hills play north Surry two Years ago at wake forest. I thought they were better but north Surry hit more shots then sucked it up in state championship just like north Surry girls. Sometimes you are not as good as you are and sometimes you are better than you think you are. The Avery girls were better than Mt airy but they lost cause they could not hit shots hopefully they get one last chance this year senior class now. Just like forest hills did last year and won it. It's not luck getting back to the final four two Years in a row. It's called being consistent and overcoming adversity.

Top 10 girl seeds will now be:
1.)East Surry
16.)

8.)Lincoln Charter
9.)Cherokee

4.)Union Academy
13.)

5.)Albemarle
12.)

3.)Murphy
14.)

6.)Alleghany
11.) Langtree Charter

7.)Hiawassee Dam
10.) Mount Airy

2.)Avery County
15.)

Good 3rd round Matchups coming:
1.)East Surry
9.)Cherokee

4.)Union Academy
5.)Albemarle

3.)Murphy
6.)Alleghany/Langtree Charter

2.)Avery
10.)Mount Airy

Farmville Central and Forest Hills are playing the best from east-west this year. Farmville has more depth and a better up tempo game, but Forest Hills has better pure shooters. I've seen both teams in person and it would come down to who gets into there game plan. I won't say it requires luck to get to the state championship bit I will say that pieces have to fit your puzzle at the right time no matter how good you are on paper. One bad game and it's over.

Mtn. Heritage desperately needing a game Thursday or Friday this week. If anyone has an opening, please contact the AD. Football really shortened their season and they should be good competition for most all teams.

LINK
Has North Davidson as a 10 seed in the 2A West that cant be correct.

Top 10 girl seeds will now be:
1.)East Surry
16.)

8.)Lincoln Charter
9.)Cherokee

4.)Union Academy
13.)

5.)Albemarle
12.)

3.)Murphy
14.)

6.)Alleghany
11.) Langtree Charter

7.)Hiawassee Dam
10.) Mount Airy

2.)Avery County
15.)

Good 3rd round Matchups coming:
1.)East Surry
9.)Cherokee

4.)Union Academy
5.)Albemarle

3.)Murphy
6.)Alleghany/Langtree Charter

2.)Avery
10.)Mount Airy
Yea Avery wants redemption on Mr airy from two years ago. If both teams play well Avery can win. Yea bishop winning surprised me last night. Also Allegheny beating wilkes central

Getting to the state in any sport is not luck. Definitely if you beat two good teams along the way. The teams that make good runs are usually going to play best in playoffs or they are going to home. I'm my opinion the state champion is the best team. Seen forest hills play north Surry two Years ago at wake forest. I thought they were better but north Surry hit more shots then sucked it up in state championship just like north Surry girls. Sometimes you are not as good as you are and sometimes you are better than you think you are. The Avery girls were better than Mt airy but they lost cause they could not hit shots hopefully they get one last chance this year senior class now. Just like forest hills did last year and won it. It's not luck getting back to the final four two Years in a row. It's called being consistent and overcoming adversity.
Hiwassee dam gave Murphy good game in girls

North Moore will drop down after a loss to North Stanly and Uwharrie Charter. North Rowan lost last night to south Davidson and south Davidson plays graystone tonight.

North Moore will drop down after a loss to North Stanly and Uwharrie Charter. North Rowan lost last night to south Davidson and south Davidson plays graystone tonight.
Yea neither south Davidson or north Rowan are great. Grey stone should take that game. I thought north Moore would be good but that's some bad losses

Yea neither south Davidson or north Rowan are great. Grey stone should take that game. I thought north Moore would be good but that's some bad losses
North Moore is deceiving they had a tough injury from what I was told to their best player. That’s when their bad losses came. I would call them dangerous if you slip up they are experienced and good enough to beat you.

North Rowan has a new coach and at times this year played great!! They have some younger players that are really good but have just struggled being consistent. Very scrappy hard working team.

I believe with them being in a split conference and they are over 500 they will be.
3 seed. 14 most likely. Oh yeah Avery knows about losses without their best player. I don't think north Rowan or north Moore will make a run this year. Maybe next year. This year it's all about Albemarle. It's their time to shine!!

3 seed. 14 most likely. Oh yeah Avery knows about losses without their best player. I don't think north Rowan or north Moore will make a run this year. Maybe next year. This year it's all about Albemarle. It's their time to shine!!
I don’t think north Rowan will or north Moore but they are capable to shock somebody especially north Rowan and north Moore already got graystone this year. Both are what I would call a dangerous first round team.

Oh yea. Anybody can win on any given night
I like to see teams that have been close but yet so far away go out on top. Like east Surry they have a star transfer or they would be average team. Avery is a small school in the middle of nowhere. You got who you got. I have watched these girls since 6th grade. Cherryville would have beat them back then. I know ma is the two time defending champion but I feel a changing of the guard coming this year

I like to see teams that have been close but yet so far away go out on top. Like east Surry they have a star transfer or they would be average team. Avery is a small school in the middle of nowhere. You got who you got. I have watched these girls since 6th grade. Cherryville would have beat them back then. I know ma is the two time defending champion but I feel a changing of the guard coming this year
After the tough mh loss on senior night. I heard two Avery girls say they are getting beat in conference tournament. Just the confidence and determination

After the tough mh loss on senior night. I heard two Avery girls say they are getting beat in conference tournament. Just the confidence and determination
If you haven't seen mh play. They are great. Pass and shoot ball better than the state runner-up north wilkes last year

If you haven't seen mh play. They are great. Pass and shoot ball better than the state runner-up north wilkes last year
Also Avery deserves a win over mh. They have gave them some tough games in the last 4 years. If they meet in tournament championship I think Avery gets it done. But the biggest difference with Avery this year is their new offense. It works best with their skill sets.inside out skill set. If you leave Franklin alone she will shoot you out of the gym. It's crazy that if your best shooter is 511. If you ask all whc coaches who they are afraid to leave alone shooting they will all day Franklin. Her career high 21 points came against north wilkes last year. 3 6 footers on that team. She hit three from downtown. Then they started guarding her outside. When you do that she either finds somebody open or drives by you and gets fouled where she is also the best foul shooter. Also she had 4 blocks n that game. So everybody wants to rant and rave about sutphin from east Surry. But if they somehow meet in playoffs big if I promise you it want be sutphin dominating. Nobody has ever dominated Franklin man to man. It brings out the best in her. The ball will be going back out to the 3 point line

Also Avery deserves a win over mh. They have gave them some tough games in the last 4 years. If they meet in tournament championship I think Avery gets it done. But the biggest difference with Avery this year is their new offense. It works best with their skill sets.inside out skill set. If you leave Franklin alone she will shoot you out of the gym. It's crazy that if your best shooter is 511. If you ask all whc coaches who they are afraid to leave alone shooting they will all day Franklin. Her career high 21 points came against north wilkes last year. 3 6 footers on that team. She hit three from downtown. Then they started guarding her outside. When you do that she either finds somebody open or drives by you and gets fouled where she is also the best foul shooter. Also she had 4 blocks n that game. So everybody wants to rant and rave about sutphin from east Surry. But if they somehow meet in playoffs big if I promise you it want be sutphin dominating. Nobody has ever dominated Franklin man to man. It brings out the best in her. The ball will be going back out to the 3 point line
Like I said this area does not get the recruiting like the triad cities do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT