ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff brackets are a joke

Thatoneguy...

Feb 20, 2014
Still believe Lil Smoky shouldn’t be rewarded just because they are a separate conference. They get 3 because of playoff set up but there are more deserving teams left at home. Andrews and Rosman had a great run in the tourney but sit on the outside. My R’ville finished the season strong and Murphy played Cherokee down the wire. Hiawasse is an ok team but undeserving of a bye. Nantahala and Highlands squeak in. Just an unjust set up that rewards some teams for just finishing their season.
https://www.citizen-times.com/story...esented-nchsaa-basketball-playoffs/345217002/

Still believe Lil Smoky shouldn’t be rewarded just because they are a separate conference. They get 3 because of playoff set up but there are more deserving teams left at home. Andrews and Rosman had a great run in the tourney but sit on the outside. My R’ville finished the season strong and Murphy played Cherokee down the wire. Hiawasse is an ok team but undeserving of a bye. Nantahala and Highlands squeak in. Just an unjust set up that rewards some teams for just finishing their season.
https://www.citizen-times.com/story...esented-nchsaa-basketball-playoffs/345217002/
I don’t think Andrews is deserving but I sure think our other conference teams were. And the girls brackets are just as bad. I think this year was worse than all the others but i’m one of the few that still want a 64 field tournament. The rankings this year was off big time all year long

I don’t think Andrews is deserving but I sure think our other conference teams were. And the girls brackets are just as bad. I think this year was worse than all the others but i’m one of the few that still want a 64 field tournament. The rankings this year was off big time all year long

Considering that there are a decent amount of teams in 1A that play basketball (but don't play football), I don't see any reason why there's not 64.

A Top 25 team didn't get in?! That's lunacy. Which team are you guys referring to?
Easy Surry boys didn’t get in. They were 14-11, ranked 21st in Maxpreps (23rd in adjusted ranking), but 3 sub-.500 teams got in. The NW1A was brutal. They have 4 of the top 6 ranked teams in the state via Maxpreps yet the state has #5&#6 MA/Bishop playing in the first round and the winner faces #1 WS Prep in 2nd round. 2 of the 3 gone by round 3. Let them face other teams and I guarantee at least 2 (maybe all 3) would advance to the 3rd round. Heck, MA was in the western finals last year and they barely lost to Lincoln Charter (mostly the same kids returning). How on earth is this system fair?

Forget NCHSAA and Maxpreps. Do what other states do and every team gets in playoffs. To off set so many teams get a bye and let the kids play it out instead of people in suits.
Heck nchsaa should love that idea they keep majority of the money anyways, now they'll get even more, kids get to play, and people in suits sitting in a room in gboro can't mess it up.
Why knock out deserving teams anyways in 1a and 4a with byes. Atleast keep a 64 team field.
Lastly, make a dang decision about next year's seeding so coaches and players know what to expect. No way East Surry boys and Avery girls shouldnt be in. Do They need more wins, tougher nonconference, etc. Don't just make up rules as you go and not let coaches know how to prepare. Let BOD know what you think
http://nchsaa.org/about-nchsaa/staff-directory/board-directors
And of course the boss que@nchsaa.org
And tra@nchsaa.org

Concluding you've probably seen more basketball games than anyone in North Carolina this year, Chute Box Hero, who is the most talented squad , excluding the Greensboro Days etc., you've witnessed ? Hoping you and yours are well, Sir.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
Concluding you've probably seen more basketball games than anyone in North Carolina this year, Chute Box Hero, who is the most talented squad , excluding the Greensboro Days etc., you've witnessed ? Hoping you and yours are well, Sir.

Hope all is well with you also, GSO.

Most talented that I've seen in the public school ranks? Man.....that's tough. I'd probably go with Smith. Then, I'd take Northern Durham, SW Guilford, Mount Tabor, and Eastern Guilford. I did see Lincoln Charter at the very beginning of the year. They're quite talented as well. I'm probably forgetting a couple.

On the girls side, without a doubt NW Guilford. Behind them, probably West Forsyth, Reagan, Northern Guilford, Rockingham County, and Ledford. Ragsdale, SW Guilford, East Davidson, Eastern Guilford, and North Wilkes weren't too shabby either.

However, there were a few teams that I wanted to see that I didn't get to.

I do watch a ton of b'ball every year. I don't know about the most though. I think Andy Durham could give me a good run for my money there.

Reactions: GSO-Triple5
Thank you , Juke Box Hero, and hopefully Southwest Guilford will dismantle Cox Mill tonight and Greensboro Smith will take care of business the next couple of games for an all Guilford County matchup for the West finals. Hopefully, Northern Guilford or Eastern Guilford will run through the East bracket to set up an all Guilford County state championship game.

Although it was many moons ago, Mister Juke Box Hero, I remember the golden haired, ruby lipped beauty standing beside the juke box, I being broke as a twelve titted goat, she standing there with her Northwest Guilford letter jacket, her smile radiating more light than the Ocracoke Lighthouse.......

Thank you , Juke Box Hero, and hopefully Southwest Guilford will dismantle Cox Mill tonight and Greensboro Smith will take care of business the next couple of games for an all Guilford County matchup for the West finals. Hopefully, Northern Guilford or Eastern Guilford will run through the East bracket to set up an all Guilford County state championship game.

I would love to see Guilford County state championship game.

Dear Cox Mill,

Completely overlook SW Guilford. There are no Langley brothers this year so you'll have nothing to worry about. A perfectly smooth road to round three awaits you.

Signed,
Chute Boxe Hero

Although it was many moons ago, Mister Juke Box Hero, I remember the golden haired, ruby lipped beauty standing beside the juke box, I being broke as a twelve titted goat, she standing there with her Northwest Guilford letter jacket, her smile radiating more light than the Ocracoke Lighthouse.......

Believe it or not, I don't think this is the first time I've ever read "twelve tittied goat" and "Northwest letter jacket" in the same paragraph.

I would love to see Guilford County state championship game.

Dear Cox Mill,

Completely overlook SW Guilford. There are no Langley brothers this year so you'll have nothing to worry about. A perfectly smooth road to round three awaits you.

Signed,
Chute Boxe Hero

Well, looks like Cox Mill forgot to read that first sentence of mine.............

Reactions: ramking2012
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT