ADVERTISEMENT

Playing Travel Baseball When Your Committed,Instead Of Legion?

Skools

Jul 10, 2009
I am a legion coach and I just don't understand and can someone try to explain this to me. I am biased so I am looking to understand it from the other side.

When a kid is committed and has not paid money to play travel baseball the summer after his Junior season why are some kids still playing travel baseball?

If you do not have to pay to be on that travel team. I understand that.

Why are parents spending thousands of dollars when your kid is already committed? Your not getting a 100% scholarship and can use that money to pay for the rest of his tuition.

Also let me state that I am not against travel baseball either! It help's many kids get seen and for the most part most teams do it the right way.

Please do not say you are playing better competition on a 17u when you will be facing graduating seniors and college players as a rising senior.

Skools I am biased as well having coached juniors for two years.

Think you hit on part of this when you said not having to pay. Many who are on A teams for organizations play for free.

For others I think it could be the schedule of Legion play. Games played all week long versus playing a couple of weekends a month.

Still think Legion is better but not everyone sees it that way.

How do you sign up for Legion ball? My son has always played travel ball. I've not familiar with legion ball. Son is a rising Sr

How do you sign up for Legion ball? My son has always played travel ball. I've not familiar with legion ball. Son is a rising Sr

Where do you live? You will get better responses with that and we will know how we can direct you to sign up your son.

We are in the Raleigh area Looks like the tryouts already happened. Didn't know anything about them. Never saw a tryout posted on the site.
Are all the teams set? If anyone is looking for an outfielder he would be willing to come tryout. If not he is fine playing on his travel team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT