ADVERTISEMENT

Play calling

nastycats1988

Jun 7, 2016
Hello I am a Dillon fan but the Scotland play calling tonight was the worst I ever seen. Zamir should got WAAAy more carries. He scores on a pass from 50 yards out and then breaks a 90 yard run to make it a 21-14 game. Then on 4th down you don't give Zeus the ball. Amazing He only had 12-13 carries and he averaged at least 10 yards a carry

Hello I am a Dillon fan but the Scotland play calling tonight was the worst I ever seen. Zamir should got WAAAy more carries. He scores on a pass from 50 yards out and then breaks a 90 yard run to make it a 21-14 game. Then on 4th down you don't give Zeus the ball. Amazing He only had 12-13 carries and he averaged at least 10 yards a carry
Agree

White 12 touches
the qb had 19
White doesn't get it on 4th and short 2 dif times in 4th
Scotland 100 total more yards
White 12 touches
Scotland fumble at 1 going in
Scotland turned in over on downs twice inside MC 20
White 12 touches

10 carries 175 yds 1 td
2 receptions 130 yds 2 tds

stats via the jumbotron late in game

White 12 touches
the qb had 19
White doesn't get it on 4th and short 2 dif times in 4th
Scotland 100 total more yards
White 12 touches
Scotland fumble at 1 going in
Scotland turned in over on downs twice inside MC 20
White 12 touches

10 carries 175 yds 1 td
2 receptions 130 yds 2 tds
Ur point? U have one of the best players in the last 10-20 yrs buuuuuuuut. Can't cover a pass if mallard creek told u the play and where 2 throw it 2. Offensive scheme is like pre jv, jus give it to the fast kid and every1 move back.

Reactions: tigertown21
Ur point? U have one of the best players in the last 10-20 yrs buuuuuuuut. Can't cover a pass if mallard creek told u the play and where 2 throw it 2. Offensive scheme is like pre jv, jus give it to the fast kid and every1 move back.

My point is see the Dillon posters comment.
The fast kid got it 10 times,
That last statement of yours is a shot a humor
but how far is it from being accurate.
Man amongst boys to some extent.
12 touches over 300yds
not even count the kickoff return

12 touches over 300yds
Dude I know ur a scots homer but u have 2 have some fb IQ. U can't sit here and see that ur offensive scheme at least tonight was vanilla as heck. If a kid didn't have a 34 jersey on he struggled 2night. McQueen had a decent night but I wouldn't b mistaken if he's in concussion protocol next week he took a few tough shots.

Terrible play calling. Didn't even give Davis a chance to switch things up in the 2nd half. 12 touches for Zamir. #1 in the country and 12 touches against MALLARD CREEK. Unbelievable. Coaching hasn't changed much from last year it seems.

Dude I know ur a scots homer but u have 2 have some fb IQ. U can't sit here and see that ur offensive scheme at least tonight was vanilla as heck. If a kid didn't have a 34 jersey on he struggled 2night. McQueen had a decent night but I wouldn't b mistaken if he's in concussion protocol next week he took a few tough shots.
Don't get me wrong Mallard Creek is a beast but lets not get high minded here. you guys have the same weaknesses I saw in Dillon last year. You guys start off with a bang and then will get kind of stagnant on offense and you will Let a team hang around instead of stepping on their throats. If we are talking state title that has got to change. Don't get me wrong I was VERY impressed with both teams for week 0. But what you said is just not fair to the Scots man. You don't get to say if Zamir didn't play what you would of did. #34 Played for Scotland Tonight. End of story. That is the point. From what I seen that man RAN ALL OVER YALL Tonight. Give credit where it is due man. That is a BAD BOY. #5 wasn't bad either. Scotland fans should also give Mallard Creek credit too. Hands down the best trained players in terms of fitness I have every seen. They are Gladiators man. Imagined how good of a game it would of been if Scotland wouldn't of fumbled on the 1 yard line.

THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN STOP ZAMIR IS BAILEY. LIKE DEAN AND MIKE. Please find a play caller!

Don't get me wrong Mallard Creek is a beast but lets not get high minded here. you guys have the same weaknesses I saw in Dillon last year. You guys start off with a bang and then will get kind of stagnant on offense and you will Let a team hang around instead of stepping on their throats. If we are talking state title that has got to change. Don't get me wrong I was VERY impressed with both teams for week 0. But what you said is just not fair to the Scots man. You don't get to say if Zamir didn't play what you would of did. #34 Played for Scotland Tonight. End of story. That is the point. From what I seen that man RAN ALL OVER YALL Tonight. Give credit where it is due man. That is a BAD BOY. #5 wasn't bad either. Scotland fans should also give Mallard Creek credit too. Hands down the best trained players in terms of fitness I have every seen. They are Gladiators man. Imagined how good of a game it would of been if Scotland wouldn't of fumbled on the 1 yard line.

Shut up

Reactions: seadog28
Coach ain't gonna risk gettin White hurt in his senior year in a game that was actually Irrelevant. He did more than his share. Keep him healthy for them Bulldogs... I'm sure he will shine even more in the games that count...conf... playoff etc.

Whoa. Sorry about that Blue and Gold. That struck a nerve didn't it?Gotcha didn't I man? Yeah man everybody has weaknesses including the great Mallard Creek. The truth can be an agitating can't it.Listen man I gave you fellas credit man about the fitness program. I am just speaking truth Doc. Sorry if it hurts big dog. I call it like I see it. God bless you man.

Not saying 20+ touches but if Zamir was on the field playing the fake man while Bell gets 19 carries, something ain't right out there.

Coach Hodge, please sit down and talk football with Coach Bailey. After your schooling you'll beg to carry a clipboard. I know it hurts, but you have one of the very best!

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
Coach Hodge, please sit down and talk football with Coach Bailey. After your schooling you'll beg to carry a clipboard. I know it hurts, but you have one of the very best!
We do indeed. Just disagree heavily with our coaching. I ain't saying I know everything now but I know that what we did tonight isn't Scotland fb. Not discrediting anything from MC either, very gifted program with athletic boys.

Whoa. Sorry about that Blue and Gold. That struck a nerve didn't it?Gotcha didn't I man? Yeah man everybody has weaknesses including the great Mallard Creek. The truth can be an agitating can't it.Listen man I gave you fellas credit man about the fitness program. I am just speaking truth Doc. Sorry if it hurts big dog. I call it like I see it. God bless you man.

Nerve?? Nah. You come on here rambling about Dillon and MC's weaknesses. You guys have had two opportunities to show us the weakness.0-2. Had a chance to show us how to beat Scotland. 0-1. Now I am sure your gonna tell me about school size and how your gonna have a stacked team in 2022. Again....I say Shut up.

Creek brought a team into Pate where the home team is 70-4. They had 1 starter the RG on offense back. First varsity start for the QB. Not one kid had ever caught a pass in a varsity game for the Creek. 2 guys played their first games EVER on the offensive line. We were missing our best wideout. Scored 28 points, zero turnovers, 1 sack I think, maybe 3 penalties. They did this against a defense returning 8 starters from a team that was 14-1 and that averaged giving up 10 points a game and had 4 shut outs last year.

You wanna talk about the weaknesses and how we should have stepped on their throat??? Let me give you a clue.......Scotland's defense is VERY good. It wasnt a MC weakness it was because good teams make plays.

Reactions: Champ_24
.Hey man I stand by my class of 22 comment:D and I could care less about what we do against a school that has 800 more kids than us.Man we 6 rings deep in the last 8 years in our CORRECT classification against schools our size is all I know. I was just pointing out observations. Dillon has glaring weaknesses too. You won't find me getting angry if somebody points them out.You taking it somewhere I never intended for it to go My post was not written out of Bad will I have respect for both teams.I gave both teams credit and really wasn't trying to diminish MC. That is all I can do. I gave my unbiased opinion

Last edited:
Nerve?? Nah. You come on here rambling about Dillon and MC's weaknesses. You guys have had two opportunities to show us the weakness.0-2. Had a chance to show us how to beat Scotland. 0-1. Now I am sure your gonna tell me about school size and how your gonna have a stacked team in 2022. Again....I say Shut up.

Creek brought a team into Pate where the home team is 70-4. They had 1 starter the RG on offense back. First varsity start for the QB. Not one kid had ever caught a pass in a varsity game for the Creek. 2 guys played their first games EVER on the offensive line. We were missing our best wideout. Scored 28 points, zero turnovers, 1 sack I think, maybe 3 penalties. They did this against a defense returning 8 starters from a team that was 14-1 and that averaged giving up 10 points a game and had 4 shut outs last year.

You wanna talk about the weaknesses and how we should have stepped on their throat??? Let me give you a clue.......Scotland's defense is VERY good. It wasnt a MC weakness it was because good teams make plays.
Ours don't count against Scotland! It was just a scrimmage remember,but we are 0-2 against y'all. I think Scotland was cocky since they played us!!! The fact is the game is won on the field not these forums!!!!

For the play calling guru's...1) if you couldn't tell, 34 was winded, especially the last couple series. Only came in as a decoy (from what it appears) on 4th down and came in for the TD catch. He was also used a good bit in the blocking scheme, which will wear u out as well. I imagine it had something to do to the fact we had two injured returning starter linemen on the sideline. One is 6-6 attracting D1 interest and the other 6-4 and is the strongest kid on the team. both 300+ pound guys. In a school our size, there isn't another one to fill in for those type guys. So it appeared using zamir to help block and at times as a decoy to move defenders was a plan to easy some pressure on the two replacements. In the end, I would rather lose the first one than the last. Bailey didn't fumble the ball, he didn't throw a pick, he didn't ask for two lineman to be out...to have all that going against you and to be in the ball game in the end says to me that if they can get healthy and stay healthy, they can run the table the rest of he way.

Reactions: OptionFreak
Guys understand on any read option play the defensive coaches are going to coach to tackle the rb. Which results in a qb keeper

Blue and Gold I agree with everything you said but that scotland defense was only returning 6 starters not 8. Two new starters on dline and 3 new starters in secondary and it showed.

THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN STOP ZAMIR IS BAILEY. LIKE DEAN AND MIKE. Please find a play caller!

Did Richard Barnes call the plays for Scotland tonight? Or was that Mark Bailey? Hard to tell the difference. Oh, I know, I bet it was ole Go Scots. I have heard that he transferred out last year; guess he is back.

For what it is worth a lot of the qb keepers were read play that the qb should have given instead of keeping. The current qb has never played with a rb like White. Give it time.
Over the course of the night i started to develop the idea that the QB is a little bit of a ball hog. Im gonna assume he just wants to make the big plays but when you play with the number one running back in the nation you give the ball to him and take the chance. there were some third and short and forth and short and white would be lined up in the slot or something not even involved in the play. Who cares if they know hes gonna get the ball hes the number one running back in the nation. Scotland will be fine and by the end of the season will have no trouble come December. little mistakes all added up the fumble at the 1 and quick touchdown to start the game all get worked out over the season

Did Richard Barnes call the plays for Scotland tonight? Or was that Mark Bailey? Hard to tell the difference. Oh, I know, I bet it was ole Go Scots. I have heard that he transferred out last year; guess he is back.
The problem is the timely play c
Over the course of the night i started to develop the idea that the QB is a little bit of a ball hog. Im gonna assume he just wants to make the big plays but when you play with the number one running back in the nation you give the ball to him and take the chance. there were some third and short and forth and short and white would be lined up in the slot or something not even involved in the play. Who cares if they know hes gonna get the ball hes the number one running back in the nation. Scotland will be fine and by the end of the season will have no trouble come December. little mistakes all added up the fumble at the 1 and quick touchdown to start the game all get worked out over the season

JACKPOT! #34 only needs a seam and a small one at that. no one is saying run him 30 times. Yes the QB needs to understand you are not the start like you ere at Westover. He will get his shots if he feeds the beast. Tried to do too much a few times last night and thats not what we need.

Reactions: Brandon Hodge

Its called read option for a reason. You read the end and wait until the last moment to give or pull. For obvious reasons the ends were crashing hard along with the LB's so you pull and go. Now..he is a big strong kid but not enough speed to really exploit MC overplaying Zamir against a fast defense.

Now.... I think they over thought it some with some of the formations but I can also tell you that Zamir in the slot pulls not one but two guys out and when he does get the ball on a safety you can just change the scoreboard.

Thought the play calling was a little weird in spots. The last big 4th down Zamir has to get that ball somewhere in my opinion. I dont think it is as terrible as some think. I can tell you without question that moving him around gave MC some fits.

Did ya'll finally hire a coach that will not embarrass your program? How's things going with the school superintendent up there? Will you guys ever be considered relevant again? Should I go on?

12 touches over 300yds
12 touches!!! And it still wasn't enough to win. You bragging about a stat line while taking an "L". Is this about winning or personal accolades. I guess y'all are Cleveland Cavs, have the best player in the world. While M.C took the "W" in your house, and left your locker room smelling like champagne. "CHEERS" to being "The Kings of coming up short".

For the play calling guru's...1) if you couldn't tell, 34 was winded, especially the last couple series. Only came in as a decoy (from what it appears) on 4th down and came in for the TD catch. He was also used a good bit in the blocking scheme, which will wear u out as well. I imagine it had something to do to the fact we had two injured returning starter linemen on the sideline. One is 6-6 attracting D1 interest and the other 6-4 and is the strongest kid on the team. both 300+ pound guys. In a school our size, there isn't another one to fill in for those type guys. So it appeared using zamir to help block and at times as a decoy to move defenders was a plan to easy some pressure on the two replacements. In the end, I would rather lose the first one than the last. Bailey didn't fumble the ball, he didn't throw a pick, he didn't ask for two lineman to be out...to have all that going against you and to be in the ball game in the end says to me that if they can get healthy and stay healthy, they can run the table the rest of he way.
Get this dude some Kleenex, your play calling was terrible. Your use of the best player on the field was a let down. Your concession stand did a better job. Preparing for the amount of people vs your Oc calls.

sampced6e0ebed5b9b3d.jpg

Reactions: Champ_24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT