ADVERTISEMENT

Pisgah vs Asheville

I have respect for the great history of the Asheville program, the quality of your program is why you have a bulls eye on your back every year. Both teams played with great heart and total class, I sensed Mutual respect among the players. That being said I must be honest, I think the Pisgah Staff had the Team better prepared and Outcoached the Asheville staff.

Right now we have 3 or 4 new coaches, Coach Metcalf is fighting cancer for the 3rd time, we're in a completely new offensive system, and yes our talent is not what it has been in the past. It could be said that we are set up for failure this year. I do however like the fact that as ugly as our first three games were, our kids never gave up. We have some problems that are fixable and I can see us giving people in the MAC trouble.

I'll add this: If anyone can make something out of the mess we have right now, it's our coaching staff. As a group they know how to get the best out of those kids.

I talked to a very well known coach at asheville middle who has been there 20+ years and he said the best player he's seen since Crezdon butler graduated at Asheville middle and went to Christ school last year

It is hard to feel sorry for Asheville after all the transfers they have had over the years but I agree with you that it's not right for a middle school coach to do that. Christ School is a real threat to wnc football with their open recruiting. Their best receiver is from Erwin. Their best defense player from Roberson. I can't stand private schools like that..

Yep. 3 pt bear win. Called it. They should be undefeated when the Mounties roll in to town next month. Congrats bears. Better, more physical team won game.

We will show up on 9/30 anyway. Should be a great game. Lot's of time between now and then but predicting a win vs a 3X conf. champ might come back to haunt you!

We will show up on 9/30 anyway. Should be a great game. Lot's of time between now and then but predicting a win vs a 3X conf. champ might come back to haunt you!
Jubal is a Tuscola fan.
Looking forward to the Panthers coming to town should be another good game.Just hope my bears takes each game one at a time.Right now we will be looking at a Madison team that is coached by a former Pisgah player and assistant coach.Looks like Ben has got those guys believing they can win.

Reactions: I-40 traveler
35 and 21 are really good (obviously with 35 getting the walk-on at Alabama, right?). The score could have been higher for Pisgah cuz they seriously outplayed Asheville. Clearly a down year for Asheville. Good win for Pisgah.

I expect Pisgah to beat Franklin (maybe close) and I think the Pisgah-Tuscola game will be outright epic.

Jubal2sfriend, how come all you Tuscola posters are so quite this year? Not one thread started about your precious Mounties yet this year. Do y'all know the Mounties are fake or are ya just scared? Remember you're the one that said the Bears would hit ya. Just remember that come Oct.13 and 14.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Bears Will indeed hit you. That being said I think we have the athletes to beat Pisgah this year. Probably not the best offensive scheme, but I think we have overall better athletes. Be glad that our old timer coach ran off your Bama boy. He's legit. And your welcome for him. He's haunted us the last two years and will be a handful again this year. I think I speak for all of Waynesville when I say "That's the one that got away." As far as the rest of our fans being real quiet on here, I guess they only chat when there is something to complain about. Right now the Mounties are blowing fuses in the scoreboard weekly so maybe they are all at a lost for words. I'm sure they will have plenty to mouth about in the weeks leading up to the October Clash. Bears should be a 0 or 1 loss team at that point. Mounties should too. Potential to be the best County Clash in about 4-5 years. Gonna be fun.

Bears Will indeed hit you. That being said I think we have the athletes to beat Pisgah this year. Probably not the best offensive scheme, but I think we have overall better athletes. Be glad that our old timer coach ran off your Bama boy. He's legit. And your welcome for him. He's haunted us the last two years and will be a handful again this year. I think I speak for all of Waynesville when I say "That's the one that got away." As far as the rest of our fans being real quiet on here, I guess they only chat when there is something to complain about. Right now the Mounties are blowing fuses in the scoreboard weekly so maybe they are all at a lost for words. I'm sure they will have plenty to mouth about in the weeks leading up to the October Clash. Bears should be a 0 or 1 loss team at that point. Mounties should too. Potential to be the best County Clash in about 4-5 years. Gonna be fun.
You guys still have two undefeated teams in Smoky ,Brevard plus a Swain team that plays tough ever game.My Bears still have to get by Franklin and now a Madison team that thinks they can win.
I do hope we both are undefeated when you come to Canton that would just make the Bears victory that much better.After last years varsity and JV games it will be hard to top those games.
As for 35 .Two years ago he ran all over you guys last year he was the one that knocked your center into the QB on that T.D try from the one that cost you that game.So yeah we are glad that he decided to play for the Bears and I am sure he is too.
You guys in Mountie land ever heard of Four-Peat,get use to it.

35 is no doubt your best player. 1 is without question ours. Ironic that if we had never lost 35, we might never have found 1. Both extremely talented players.

Again I think this years clash will be better than last years. No secret the Bears will hit you often and hard. But the Mounties will run at you, past you, and away from you. Will be fun to see which style prevails. And before you start that "We beat Asheville and they are fast." Mess, let me assure you. Nothing away from your win vs the Cougars, but the fastest kid for Asheville would be about fourth fastest for the Tuskers this year. Doesn't happen often, but mountaineers are more athletic and faster than Asheville this year.

If all your attempts at disputing my posts on the upcoming clash are somehow to try and convince yourself that this years game is not gonna somehow live up to years past, you will be sadly mistaken. Better get ya popcorn ready for this years game.

35 is no doubt your best player. 1 is without question ours. Ironic that if we had never lost 35, we might never have found 1. Both extremely talented players.

Again I think this years clash will be better than last years. No secret the Bears will hit you often and hard. But the Mounties will run at you, past you, and away from you. Will be fun to see which style prevails. And before you start that "We beat Asheville and they are fast." Mess, let me assure you. Nothing away from your win vs the Cougars, but the fastest kid for Asheville would be about fourth fastest for the Tuskers this year. Doesn't happen often, but mountaineers are more athletic and faster than Asheville this year.

If all your attempts at disputing my posts on the upcoming clash are somehow to try and convince yourself that this years game is not gonna somehow live up to years past, you will be sadly mistaken. Better get ya popcorn ready for this years game.
I said it would be hard to be better than last years game.I believe 1 played last year at least until the Bears hit him a few times.I doubt if he is any faster that what we saw Thursday night,time will tell.We held Asheville to less that fifty yards rushing a little over a hundred passing .I would bet it's been years since that happened to a Asheville team.
If you guys think 35 is all we have your in for a rude awaking.Looking forward to this game .The only thing better than a Bear victory would be a Bear victory and me winning the half and half.

Asheville high sucks this year. We sucked last year and this years team will go down as the worst in 30 years. We should be 0-3.

After watching the Aville vs Pisgah game on tv I needed a defibrillator. Aville for whatever reason wanted to throw the ball deep every play and not sure if they ever completed one.. and Pisgah thought it was a good idea to give the HB the ball 25 times for 2.Something a carry, or a predetermined pass to 21. Looking forward to the clash tho, funny how the tv announcer said the HB was the pride of canton.. When the kid lives in Waynesville. Hilarious.

Not to mention Pisgah probably wouldnt have even won without a sneaky trick play with the sleeper. Such a Pisgah move. With that being said a W is a W.

I said it would be hard to be better than last years game.I believe 1 played last year at least until the Bears hit him a few times.I doubt if he is any faster that what we saw Thursday night,time will tell.We held Asheville to less that fifty yards rushing a little over a hundred passing .I would bet it's been years since that happened to a Asheville team.
If you guys think 35 is all we have your in for a rude awaking.Looking forward to this game .The only thing better than a Bear victory would be a Bear victory and me winning the half and half.
You guys still have two undefeated teams in Smoky ,Brevard plus a Swain team that plays tough ever game.My Bears still have to get by Franklin and now a Madison team that thinks they can win.
I do hope we both are undefeated when you come to Canton that would just make the Bears victory that much better.After last years varsity and JV games it will be hard to top those games.
As for 35 .Two years ago he ran all over you guys last year he was the one that knocked your center into the QB on that T.D try from the one that cost you that game.So yeah we are glad that he decided to play for the Bears and I am sure he is too.
You guys in Mountie land ever heard of Four-Peat,get use to it.
A 4 peat would be quite impressive, however if there was such a thing called the Internet in the late 70's through the 80's you would be hearing 10-Peat from Waynesville folks on here haha but that's the past. Hopefully come October it'll go Tuscola's way. But we will see

I am still in shock pisgah ran the sleeper in a non conference game against us from the 30
Yard line hahaha.

It's not that surprising being this early in the season. Playoff opponents won't look at film this early in season

How'sthe sleeper play a shock or typical Pisgah play? I've watched Pisgah football for 20+ years. I can't remember Pisgah ever running that play. Pisgah has been beat by that play quite a few times. What's it say about a Asheville team that has to use a hook and lateral just to move the ball? The only shock here is the non physical play of Asheville.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
It's embarrassing to use that play at all, but to use it during a nonconference game in the third game is really bad. His got was the better team for sure that night but I think on that drive they got three points after using the sleeper and coincidentally won by three points. Regardless we aren't good at all, yalls team is as good as you were last year.

Haha...Murphy fans are still talking about the time they beat Asheville a long time ago.
The team Murphy beat went on an 11 game winning streak after they lost to Murphy, this Asheville team that just lost to pisgah will literally be lucky to make the playoffs

I think it's interesting how when Asheville loses to someone like Pisgah you all always complain about how bad you are, instead of just giving credit to the other team. I've seen the Big Three of the MAC all play this year. I think Asheville is better than Erwin and can beat Reynolds to take home the Conference. Just because you lost to Pisgah doesn't mean the seasons lost

No chance in hell. I know you want to believe you beat some great team because they had Asheville on their jersey but that's just flat out not the case. The fact of the matter is this, pisgah beat us fair and square, but you have beaten 2 awful teams and what will be the worst team Asheville has had in 20+ years. It would certainly look good on the Bears resume if you had a W against the Mac conference winner but I see no chance in hell that happens.

A 4 peat would be quite impressive, however if there was such a thing called the Internet in the late 70's through the 80's you would be hearing 10-Peat from Waynesville folks on here haha but that's the past. Hopefully come October it'll go Tuscola's way. But we will see
Since you want to talk about the past let's go back to the sixties and seventies.Bears won four state championships .How many did the Mounties win?

Albino, you're wrong there. Erwin and ACR are going to beat the pants off Asheville this year. You're right in saying that asheville posters never give any credit to the other team when asheville loses. Its always we suck this year. Pisgah is not world beaters never have claimed to be; but you better bring your A game or they will beat ya.

Ashevillecougar1, the same could be said of the hook & lateral play. The only reason y'all scored that late TD is because of a ghost personal foul call . I have yet to see. I've watched the game 3 times looking for the reason they throwed the flag. Plus we intercepted that long pass. Granted our player tried to do to much and lateral it back to 21. That play right there would have iced the game. Paint it any way you want. The Pisgah fans know Asheville is young this year and not their usual selves.

Since you want to talk about the past let's go back to the sixties and seventies.Bears won four state championships .How many did the Mounties win?
Only 1 in 1972 I believe, but don't for one second think Pisgah over the years hadn't played a softer schedule. For years Tuscola was playing in the MAC with 400 kids less than every other school in the conference. when you guys were playing in that middle school conference the WAC.. And it looks like yal got your way again nxt year with the realignment when Tuscola has 2 more children enrolled than you guys. So back to being the smallest school in the conference once again for Tuscola. Say what you want but you know I'm absolutely right

You just completely contradicted yourself.

"You're right in saying that Asheville posters never want to give any credit to the other team when they lose"

I've said multiple times pisgah beat us fair and square.

"The pisgah fans know that Asheville is young this year and not their usual selves"

Thats exactly what I'm saying! We aren't that good! Then you act like we aren't giving you any credit!

Pisgah deserved to beat us. Many teams will do so this year.

Reactions: WNCfballFan
Only 1 in 1972 I believe, but don't for one second think Pisgah over the years hadn't played a softer schedule. For years Tuscola was playing in the MAC with 400 kids less than every other school in the conference. when you guys were playing in that middle school conference the WAC.. And it looks like yal got your way again nxt year with the realignment when Tuscola has 2 more children enrolled than you guys. So back to being the smallest school in the conference once again for Tuscola. Say what you want but you know I'm absolutely right
You should check something out before you post it.In 71 the Mounties lost to Asheville,Brevard and Enka.Pisgah beat all three including Enka-the team that won your conference-86-16.In 75 and 76 we were both in same conference.
Since then they were only eight years we were not in the same conference 2001-2008.The record for those four years was 4 wins and four losses.As for that middle school conference from 09 til now the record is Pisgah won 4-Tuscola won 3.So if the WAC was a middle school conference your team must have played middle school ball.
As for you state championship in 72,you tied and was declared co- champions.
The NCHAA are the ones that set the regulation on who goes where not Pisgah.
According to the official student numbers.Pisgah 988,Tuscola -1037 a few more than one Don't they teach math at Tuscola..Guess they couldn't move the line anymore are they would be more Waynesville kids coming to Pisgah.

Last edited:
Reactions: WNCfballFan
You should check something out before you post it.In 71 the Mounties lost to Asheville,Brevard and Enka.Pisgah beat all three including Enka-the team that won your conference-86-16.In 75 and 76 we were both in same conference.
Since then they were only eight years we were not in the same conference 2001-2008.The record for those four years was 4 wins and four losses.As for that middle school conference from 09 til now the record is Pisgah won 4-Tuscola won 3.So if the WAC was a middle school conference your team must have played middle school ball.
According to the official student numbers.Pisgah 988,Tuscola -1037 a few more than one Don't they teach math at Tuscola..Guess they couldn't move the line anymore are they would be more Waynesville kids coming to Pisgah.[/QUOTE

49 kids is a difference between 3A and 2A? Not much of a difference seems like both schools should be either 3A or 2A.

49 kids is a difference between 3A and 2A? Not much of a difference seems like both schools should be either 3A or 2A.
I agree with you .Would have been fine with both teams in same conference along with West and East Henderson.Now Pisgah will have to find seven non conference game and Tuscola will have only three non conference along with the other teams in their conference ,that includes all the Buncombe county 3 A teams.So this time next year the county clash will be history after third game.

According to the official student numbers.Pisgah 988,Tuscola -1037 a few more than one Don't they teach math at Tuscola..Guess they couldn't move the line anymore are they would be more Waynesville kids coming to Pisgah.
Actually this years enrollment.. Tuscola 1054.. Pisgah 1052.. And I love how you skipped 2 decades with your conferences.. Saying how yal played the same schedule as we did. And as for the middle school conference I was referring to i wasn't talking about 09 till now. I'm talking about those soft years yal played teams like Avery.. Mitchell.. Mt. Heritage and when yal really felt like playing someone tough in your conference you played Madison.

I'm thrilled Tuscola is back in the MAC, miss the good ole days of Conner vs Brooks on the sidelines. I look forward to see how they compete with the rest of the MAC, not implying they can't, just saying year in year out its going to be fun to watch.

Even tho Tuscola will be a small school in the conference I believe they will still be competitive most years. Always hats off to Reynolds for an awesome program they have built over there

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT