ADVERTISEMENT

Pisgah vs Asheville

AlbinoPolarBear

Dec 22, 2012
Pisgah vs Asheville
The first real test for the Bears after wins against two bottom feeder MAC teams. I really like our team this year. I think our offense is starting to come together nicely and hope that trend continues against Asheville. Our defense hasn't been tested but they love knockin the crap out of people. I think the winner of this game will be the team with less turnovers.
Pisgah 35 Asheville 28

This is a must win for AHS. Southern lee and carver coming up next two games are pretty good teams. We've had 9 TOs in the first two games which effected the outcome. We blew a 14pt lead last night and didn't convert on two downs at the 1 for the winning score. If we play mistake free I believe we win 42-35. With 9TOs in two games we still put up 29, and 25 points. My concern is the parret kid (sorry if missed spelled) our whole OL and DL is underclassman and some sophomores. And I believe is the weakness of this team. With it being on TV I think and hope we will put it all together

If the Bears score 35 points they'll win. I don't think it'll be that high scoring. I'm thinking 28- 20 kind of game.

Lot of interest in this game from Haywood county football fans.Just how good are the Bears since we have not really been tested so far.Asheville always gets better with each game.As usual it comes down to who makes the big mistake.Bears by 7

I like the optimism you Pisgah guys are having. Pisgah is going to be a formidable opponent for any team this year. That being said Asheville has athletes that Pisgah doesn't. I think this one will be similar to the Asheville Franklin outcome(could go either way). But to me Asheville should be the favorite just based off of pure athletes on the field. Looking for a great game, I think I'm going to come to Canton to catch it.

i think this is goin to be a close game too. im giving the edge to pisgah . simply because their more experienced.pisgah 34 asheville 26

Last year I said they should have the Pisgah Tuscola game on TV .Several Haywood county fans said that was ridiculous because we would lose the large crowd. I think we will find out Thursday that's not true.A lot of high school football fans are like me they just love the game.Since their team is not playing some will be in Canton this Thursday.
I also have a question .Does anyone know when the JV game will be played?

Well we lost to newton conover by literally half a yard. We get one more half yard with 2 mins left and we likely win that game. So we are 1 and a half feet from being 2-0, unfortunately we are 2 points away from being 0-2. We are turning the ball over at a very alarming rate, but these are fixable things. We will be a good team if we don't turn the ball over. (Said every team ever).

I'm hoping our athleticism will take pisgah a little while to get used to. God knows they have probably started the year with the two worst teams in wnc.

Last year I said they should have the Pisgah Tuscola game on TV .Several Haywood county fans said that was ridiculous because we would lose the large crowd. I think we will find out Thursday that's not true.A lot of high school football fans are like me they just love the game.Since their team is not playing some will be in Canton this Thursday.
Thursday games hurt the gate, I can think of 10-15 fans that I know personally that won't be at the game Thursday just because we all have to be up the next morning at 5am for work. I'll be watching from home unless someway my boss says I'm off Friday. Hey I could use a sick day

Thursday games hurt the gate, I can think of 10-15 fans that I know personally that won't be at the game Thursday just because we all have to be up the next morning at 5am for work. I'll be watching from home unless someway my boss says I'm off Friday. Hey I could use a sick day
I wasn't talking about Asheville fans .Very few of you even attend the home games more less the away games.They will be a lot of Tuscola fans,along with other WNC fans.Plus probably ever coach and assistants in WNC.

Reactions: CougarsOfAHS
I don't think coaches and assistants will be there from other teams. Most coaches and assistants attend the JV games of their program which will be playing that same night

Reactions: BlueVols

The schools do not want to move the game to Thursday night. The NCHSAA will not let them live broadcast on Friday.

As a longtime millworker told me this spring, "Do you know how many of us already have that Friday scheduled off?" "There would be a riot if it got moved to Thursday".

I assume the JV's play on Wednesday. That is how all the other schools have done/are doing it.

Plus probably ever coach and assistants in WNC.

They have jobs to do. Being a fan isn't one of them.

I don't care if any other coach is there but the staff of the teams playing!!! Let's just get on the field and play the Game! I think it's gonna be fun to watch from the stands!!

If Parott and the Bears hit the Cooooogahs like we all know they can hit, you may find a young Asheville team saying "No Mas!" Don't be surprised if it happens.

Ahscougar1, jubial2 is a mountaineer.
As far as the game goes. Every Bear fan believes that the Bears can win. We wouldn't be fans if we didn't. Just hope everyone comes to the game and sets their DVR's.

Reactions: AHSDYNASY
I am indeed a Mountaineer. Also call a kettle black. That being the case..... The boys from Canton can lay the wood. Not sure the boys from Asheville will like that brand of football. If it goes that route, and the Bears win, wouldn't surprise me. Still don't like Pisgah. But they can hit.

Side note: No one player that the Coooogahs play all year will hit them as hard as Parrott. Trust me.

I am indeed a Mountaineer. Also call a kettle black. That being the case..... The boys from Canton can lay the wood. Not sure the boys from Asheville will like that brand of football. If it goes that route, and the Bears win, wouldn't surprise me. Still don't like Pisgah. But they can hit.

Side note: No one player that the Coooogahs play all year will hit them as hard as Parrott. Trust me.
Coming from a tuscola fan I get the feeling this is meant to be an inflammatory comment

Reactions: I-40 traveler
Hon Dines, wptl radio will have the game. They have a app you can download for free.
I believe 570 radio in Asheville will be carrying the game also.

I don't know about all of you but I'm super excited for this game. This group of seniors I think can be the best since 06. If they beat Asheville that's quite a statement for a program that has historically had problems with speed. I'm ready to see how the seniors come out at home, the defensive adjustments to Ashevilles spread, and how our young QB plays against a talented team. That being said I like our chances, Go Bears!!!

Hon Dines, wptl radio will have the game. They have a app you can download for free.
I believe 570 radio in Asheville will be carrying the game also.
570 is the Buncombe Co. Game of the Week. 1310 is the Asheville HS station. They do not have an internet broadcast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT