ADVERTISEMENT

Pisgah / Tuscola

Not one of the more memorable games in the series. Better team (on that night at least) won the game I think. Neither team looked very impressive offensively but both seem to be solid on defense. THS needs a power back and to find an effective passing game. It didnt take Pisgah long to realize there wasn't going to be much passing from THS and that was the only adjustment they needed to make. THS used all their time outs fairly early in the first half in some strange situations. I didnt hear the final 50/50 amount or who won, but it was up there.

Not one of the more memorable games in the series. Better team (on that night at least) won the game I think. Neither team looked very impressive offensively but both seem to be solid on defense. THS needs a power back and to find an effective passing game. It didnt take Pisgah long to realize there wasn't going to be much passing from THS and that was the only adjustment they needed to make. THS used all their time outs fairly early in the first half in some strange situations. I didnt hear the final 50/50 amount or who won, but it was up there.

Half and half was over 42 thousand.Pisgah fan won that too.

Reactions: WhoaMule
This is a heated rivalry game and the kids are gonna get chippy. That's understandable to a point. But to have a coach telling our boys f - you in the handshake line is way out of line. And no one bother saying it didn't happen. Most definitely did.
Were you in the line? Well then its hearsay. You cant be content with winning gotta have something else negative to say.
I don't believe it, and certainly wouldn' t take the word of a kid. Especially if it was 75.

Were you in the line? Well then its hearsay. You cant be content with winning gotta have something else negative to say.
I don't believe it, and certainly wouldn' t take the word of a kid. Especially if it was 75.

You mean 72. At least get the number right! The refs sure did when they were penalizing the team for his cheap shots.

Believe what you want. Were you in the line?

What impressed me the most was the Tuscola D, everyone kept bragging about Pisgahs D, but outside of the tipped pass, they kept Pisgah under 100 yds passing(76 came on that play), and right around 100 yds or less on the ground. Tuscola is extremely bland on offense, seemed like we kept trying the same 11-12 plays all night. Take that pass and that god awful whatever it was down on the goal line, and this was a heckuva defensive battle. Enjoy the win bears...I enjoyed the bickering this week.

Last edited:
What impressed me the most was the Tuscola D, everyone kept bragging about Pisgahs D, but outside of the tipped pass, they kept Pisgah under 100 yds passing(76 came on that play), and right around 100 yds or less on the ground. Tuscola is extremely bland on offense, seemed like we kept trying the same 11-12 plays all night. Take that pass and that god awful whatever it was down on the goal line, and this was a heckuva defensive battle. Enjoy the win bears...I enjoyed the bickering this week.
Tuscola was using plays that we hadn't seen them play in the first half. We adjusted at halftime. How many points did you score in the second half?

In a rivalry game like this, the only thing harder than be a gracious winner is being a gracious loser. It stings. I get that. But the calling out of kids by number, by adults, in a negative way on here and Facebook, is too much. You believe what you will and I'll believe what I will. Signing off, over and out.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Tuscola was using plays that we hadn't seen them play in the first half. We adjusted at halftime. How many points did you score in the second half?
I never said the defense wasn't good, heck, its not hard to adjust to such a bland offense, like I said, they kept running the same plays all night, and did nothing to change it up, and any decent coach will shut that down asap.

One more thing, it is time for those godawful white helmets to go, since they have swapped to those, we haven't won a county game, wasn't a popular idea to begin with, it's time to have them go the way of the dinosaurs lol...

One more thing, it is time for those godawful white helmets to go, since they have swapped to those, we haven't won a county game, wasn't a popular idea to begin with, it's time to have them go the way of the dinosaurs lol...

Don't think the white hats had anything to do with it. Think it was more the black hats.

Pisgah’s qb was 9-17 with 173 yards. Not sure of the rushing total. Tuscola had 185 total yards, 92 in the air.

Reactions: PBBear51
Thats why I said it was a good defensive game all-around. We lost, not one of the ones blaming the refs, yeah, they were terrible, but as I said before, you still have to play the game, can't let that get to you. Tuscola needs a better variety on offense, against better teams you can't keep calling the same plays over and over again, as was evident on Friday night.

Last edited:
Thats why I said it was a good defensive game all-around. We lost, not one of the ones blaming the refs, yeah, they were terrible, but as I said before, you still have to play the game, can't let that get to you. Tuscola needs a better variety on offense, against better teams you can't keep calling the same plays over and over again, as was evident on Friday night.
According to what happened at the end of the game in the handshake line by the coach(s), and by the way that one particular kid acted (that I seen with my own two eyes), y'all need more than a "variety" to fix your problems.

Last edited:
After witnessing Postell’s Platoon this past Friday, it still appears “Art After Dark” and “Mountain Street Dance” are the most exciting Friday night happenings in Waynesville.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
What was up with the roped off area for school board, commissioners, administrators, and coaches families? I don’t remember seeing this done any previous years. Are our elected officials from Waynesville to good to set with the commoners? Remember, this is election year, and it’s time to drain the swamp here as well.

Reactions: WNCfballFan
What was up with the roped off area for school board, commissioners, administrators, and coaches families? I don’t remember seeing this done any previous years. Are our elected officials from Waynesville to good to set with the commoners? Remember, this is election year, and it’s time to drain the swamp here as well.

I have no idea .I saw Bill Upton setting in the same reserved seat he always does.As for the other's I didn't see them.So which side was they on?

Just guessing here, but may have been to just assure that they had a seat?

I have no idea .I saw Bill Upton setting in the same reserved seat he always does.As for the other's I didn't see them.So which side was they on?
This was on the visitors side, to the right of the old press box, next to the “Get Ready for Postells Plotoon” sign. I find it amusing that the school board says no saving seats, but they saved seats for themselves. I got to my reserved seats early, and this was announced over the p.a. at least twice.

This was on the visitors side, to the right of the old press box, next to the “Get Ready for Postells Plotoon” sign. I find it amusing that the school board says no saving seats, but they saved seats for themselves. I got to my reserved seats early, and this was announced over the p.a. at least twice.
I am not disagreeing with you.I saw them drive in on the Pisgah side of the field. Thought that was wrong too.Just pointing out that Bill was where he always sits.No I am not part of his family and hardly know him.
Brandon Rogers was on our side in the same seats he's had for years.

Last edited:
Reactions: PBBear51
I am not disagreeing with you.I saw them drive in on the Pisgah side of the field. Thought that was wrong too.Just pointing out that Bill was where he always sits.No I am not part of his family and hardly know him.
Brandon Rogers was on our side in the same seats he's had for years.
Bill and Brandon were both on our side. They’re both devoted Pisgah fans. This was the Waynesville elite I’m referrring to. Same morons who wasted nearly $700,000 on the property purchase below Tuscola.

Reactions: WNCfballFan
Got a question for the tuscola fans after watching Pisgah do you think they are state champion contender?

Got a question for the tuscola fans after watching Pisgah do you think they are state champion contender?
They have no speed in the running game, and one of the best backs they have went out with a pretty bad injury, at this point I'd say no, it is going to take something special to beat Hibriten this year. But it is a long season, and anything can happen, but I'd personally say no, but the QB they do have has the tools to be something special by his senior year, he will be a player to watch for.

A game that was in ? Till late in the 4th against a ( being nice ) very mediocre Tuscola team ! I think that answers your ? . Pisgah does have a solid team though for around here.

My question do you think Mountain Heritage is a state championship contender?
Just asking honest question, as for heritage talk to some Erwin fans at work ,they all were impress with them, they have power game ,you need that in the playoffs. Pisgah better find one or they will get beat in 1st round, maybe you can send Chappell down to Franklin and they can teach him.

A game that was in ? Till late in the 4th against a ( being nice ) very mediocre Tuscola team ! I think that answers your ? . Pisgah does have a solid team though for around here.
That's what I have been saying, their fans can't accept the truth.

Again, no one from our side has said we are state championship contenders, except for maybe Albino Polar bear.
Got to give you credit, you know the truth. Pisgah is good team, you have chance to win the conf. But like I have been saying you don't have the running game to make a playoff run. That's the most important thing .

Got to give you credit, you know the truth. Pisgah is good team, you have chance to win the conf. But like I have been saying you don't have the running game to make a playoff run. That's the most important thing .
We also really don't care about your opinion. We know you are a closet Pisgah fan. I bet you sleep with a black and red Care Bear, and sleep in black and red footy pajamas. Your infatuation with all things Pisgah really shows.

We also really don't care about your opinion. We know you are a closet Pisgah fan. I bet you sleep with a black and red Care Bear, and sleep in black and red footy pajamas. Your infatuation with all things Pisgah really shows.
Fans like you live in a fat
Told all the homers at work the truth about pisgah they all came up and told me I was right. Sometimes the truth hurts at least you will be ready for disapontment

Fans like you live in a fat

Told all the homers at work the truth about pisgah they all came up and told me I was right. Sometimes the truth hurts at least you will be ready for disapontment
You must work at a day care. That's the only way anyone would listen to anything you say.

Reactions: gowcu and PBBear51
I’m confused. Is this mrdud a heritage fan or Franklin fan?

He's a Heritage fan and a Pisgah hater.He's jealous because he knows they will never have the fan support Pisgah does. That's the reason he post on Pisgah posts.No one from MH except this fool ever posts.I have saw their stadium.Home side probably seats 2000 .Visitors side maybe a thousand . If they ever agreed to play the Bears two thirds of us would have to stand up or set on the home side.They never feel their side even in the playoffs.

Reactions: gowcu and PBBear51
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT