ADVERTISEMENT

Pisgah ,Hibriten

Negative. I'm listening quietly.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Pisgah scores on a 4th and 2 from the Hibriten 41 on a pass play, miss the XP kick the score is tied 13-13.

Hibriten just lost the ball on the kickoff, Pisgah has the ball on the HB 30, 5:30 left in the game.

Originally posted by beamer24:
Negative. I'm listening quietly.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

LMAO....

Pisgah gets a FG with 3:00 left and now leads 16-13.

Freedom finally took the lead 42-35 and just heard East Rowan scores to tie it on another long td pass.

Congrats Bears. Thanks for the link and updates Cheerduck.

Tough loss for the Panthers sounded like a good game.

Just went final...

ER 50 Freedom 49.

Patriots fumble a punt attempt on their 25 yard line with 3 mins. left.

ER scores and goes for the 2 pt. conversion.

Freedom then fumbles the kickoff return.

A track meet as #15 defeats #2.

Well we will get another game and win by a f/g just like I said .Congratulations to Hibriten played hard and never quit.That big running back was a load.We made the mistakes in first half and they made them in second half.When our running back went out I wasn't sure we could pull it out but 25 stepped in a did a good job.Guess we will be going to Gastonia next week.It been a while sent we have played away game.Kinda looking forward to the trip.

Good Win for the Bears.........Hibriten is well coached wirh good speed on the edge and that 260 lb fullback was a load who always fell forward for at least 3 yds.....Any thoughts on Forestview?

Just watched a hightlight of the Pisgah score that tied the game at 13. Pisgah QB rolled out, crossed the line of scrimmage, backed up and then threw the ball to a wide open receiver. Seeed to me that he backed up enough to re-establish behind the line before he threw. My question is... is that legal?

hibriten coach told lenoir news topic that he watched film and there was 3 lineman down field did anybody else see this?

Yes, I saw two things. First the QB crossed the line of scrimmage by 2 yards, then reversed back to the line of scrimmage and threw the ball. Wasn't sure if that was a penalty in HS or not. BlueVols responded that it was o.k. in high school so I guess that wasn't a missed call.

As to lineman downfield... All 5 were across the line of scrimmage at the throw. Three of those lineman were clearly across the 38 yard line, more than 3 yards beyond the line of scrimmage which was the 41. The other two weren't as far across and probably still in the "blocking zone".

I wasn't there, I've seen the video of that play and have watched it several times just to be sure.

The refs didn't see it or call it end of story. Don't worry the Bears are coming down to play in y'alls yard now. I'm sure your NFL refs will see and make every call on the field.
By the way here are some pairings to go with that whine...Brie+Chardonnay,Cheddar+Cabernet Sauvignon, Mozzarella+Sauvigon Blanc. MOVING ON
party0014.r191677.gif

If Hibriten doesn't fumble in the red zone and the kickoff return it probably doesn't matter.

A healthy Hibriten squad could have probably overcame 1 bad play but in the end Pisgah won the end.

BlueVols: can you show me where the rule is that says it's o.k. to cross the line of scrimmage, retreat back, and still throw it? I've been looking but can't find it.

No Dog seems to have a dog lol, this smells of a West end supporter. My guess is he sleeps with a T over his bed. Pisgah won and IF it was a bad call Hibriten coach im sure will contact who he needs to about it. Stop trying to make it personal was a great game

I've been to Waynesville. Even been to the fairgrounds a few times. Also, have been to the elementary school park where Tuscola plays baseball. Good times.

I don't know what West is? There's a lot of those directional schools.

I had no dog in the Pisgah/Hibriten game, but that play was very interesting. If.... IF a QB can run down the line like it's an option play, turn it upfield beyond the line of scrimmage two yards, and then retreat back to the line of scrimmage, and throw it... then that's a great play. More coaches should take advantage of the across and back rule.

And, as for linemen downfield, one kid was on the 34 yard line - seven yards beyond the line of scrimmage (LOS at 41), another O lineman on the 35, and one more just beyond the 38 as the QB released the ball - after crossing and returning. I don't know if it's legal or not - haven't seen the rule.

Weird play all around.

I'm not mad about the play. Just found it very interesting. I would have found it just as interesting if it was Hibriten scoring in the same manner.

Originally posted by No Dog in the Fight:
BlueVols: can you show me where the rule is that says it's o.k. to cross the line of scrimmage, retreat back, and still throw it? I've been looking but can't find it.
If it's not stated that that an act is illegal, then it is legal. In this case, the rule is 7-5-1.

It is a legal forward pass, if during a scrimmage down and before team possession has changed, a player of A throws the ball with both feet of the passer in or behind the neutral zone when the ball is released. Only one forward pass may be thrown during the down.

The kid had a first down before he ran back two yards and threw the ball. O-Line where down the field.

Thanks for that info FBRef.

Cool play if it was drawn up that way.

This post was edited on 11/17 6:43 AM by No Dog in the Fight

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT