ADVERTISEMENT

Pisgah ,Hibriten

pisgah bear supporter

Aug 24, 2009
Kept waiting for someone to post this, evidently I am the only Pisgah fan left.Don't blame those that said after the North Buncombe game the Bears wouldn't win another game.The bears won eight and lost two after that game.Will they win Friday I don't know but I do know they are playing the best they have played all years right now.
Hibritin is no stranger to Canton ,they were here last year and beat a pretty good Bear team.This will probably be one of the better first round games by two evenly matched teams.If the Bears can hold Hibritin to 14 points or less they should win,maybe by a field goal.
Hope we have a big crown since this will probably be the last home game win or lose.I know it's going to be cold on the river but these kids and coaches have worked all year to get to this point come out and show them you appreciate that hard work.
The Bears by three.

From what I understand Hibriten isn't as good as they have been the past couple of years. Pisgah should be OK this weekend. Good luck to the Bears and their fans.

91ths...concord by as much as they want.. We might loose by your prediction of 7 but you all won't be able to keep it close with Concord..I'd worry bout your mounties not our bears..

Hibriten is well coached, always has some speed and size........they will bring their A game.....Bears by 7

PBS, your not the only one here. I believe everyone has a mutual respect for HHS. They've beat us,we've beat them over the past few years. I think it all depends on which offense shows up for Pisgah. Can't put it all on the "D" now. Would rather not settle for field goals either.
Come on 91 really? HHS by 7? When do think the Spiders will call off the dogs on your Mounties? Whats up with you Tuscola guys anyway? Totally unlike you guys to throw in the towel before the game is played. Sure Concord is going to be a uphill battle (as is HHS for P) but the least ya'll could do is help the coaches out and put something positive on these boards. On a side note I remember when my little brother played, Pisgah was a 24 point underdog to Kings Mtn. Pisgah won that game by 20 something points. All I'm saying is believe in your kids and team, you never know.

Cougar90, hope you right. I'm not ready for basketball just yet. Good luck Friday. Btw I for one wish we'd play Asheville.
This post was edited on 11/12 9:31 PM by P24/7

Should be a good first round match up in Canton. The Panthers are pretty banged up and have struggled on D most of the year but anything can happen in the playoffs right? Enjoyed the stadium and atmosphere up there last year and hope the cold doesn't effect the players too much Friday night. Do the Bears have a good passing attack?

Originally posted by P24/7:
PBS, your not the only one here. I believe everyone has a mutual respect for HHS. They've beat us,we've beat them over the past few years. I think it all depends on which offense shows up for Pisgah. Can't put it all on the "D" now. Would rather not settle for field goals either.
Come on 91 really? HHS by 7? When do think the Spiders will call off the dogs on your Mounties? Whats up with you Tuscola guys anyway? Totally unlike you guys to throw in the towel before the game is played. Sure Concord is going to be a uphill battle (as is HHS for P) but the least ya'll could do is help the coaches out and put something positive on these boards. On a side note I remember when my little brother played, Pisgah was a 24 point underdog to Kings Mtn. Pisgah won that game by 20 something points. All I'm saying is believe in your kids and team, you never know.

Cougar90, hope you right. I'm not ready for basketball just yet. Good luck Friday. Btw I for one wish we'd play Asheville.
This post was edited on 11/12 9:31 PM by P24/7
I remember that game at Kings Mountain .The bears were 7-3 K.M was unbeaten.Everyone was talking about the great match up the next week between K.M. and Hickory ranked num. 1& 2 in the state.It was the Bears and Hickory the next week.We lost to Hickory.Anything can happen in High School football and they will be an upset or two Friday.

I've never been one to post on a weekly basis but I must gladly eat my helping of crow this year. Early in the year I had my doubt's about this Pisgah team and even though they have made me want to pull my hair out a few times this year its been nice seeing the team grow and a lot of underclassmen really grow every week! I'm going to take Pisgah by 7 but they will have to come to play to get it done. Good Luck Bears! HHS folks have a safe trip up the mountain I've enjoyed our meetings over the past 4 or 5 years and still would love to see a home and home regulaf season between our teams! Wrap up I believe it will be colder on the river this year than last. As for Tuscola fans they have bigger problems this week they should be worried about. Rocky Reid and Concord could score 100 on there D if they just lay down like they did against Franklin

Hibriten has been dealing with injuries half the year. If Tishawn Daniels plays this Friday I think its close if not Bears by a couple of scores.

Sudd0143 we have been pretty balanced as of late. We can throw the ball if needed.
Beamer 24 is Tishawn the running back for Hibriten.

Daniels is starting Fullback and Linebacker. He didn't finish game against Hickory last week. Possible concussion but I'm not 100% sure on that.

sorry guys,not trying to bash but I just think that if hibriten comes to play they will have enough speed and physicality to take the W . AS FOR OUR GAME I don't see this team beatin concord it will probly get ugly quick.hopefully we go down there and play like we have a chip on our shoulder .at least I hope we do.. I will always pull for Tuscola no matter what but it is going to be an uphill fight,and I would like to see a competitive game esp for our seniors.hopefully they leave it all on the field with no regrets but we shall see.again its JMO. you aint gotta like it but its out there..
shock.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 11/13 11:32 AM by 91ths

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but neither Haywood County team has a chance in hades in 3A this season with teams like Havelock, SP, Freedom, Concord, and Crest in the bracket.

Originally posted by Ramnasty:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but neither Haywood County team has a chance in hades in 3A this season with teams like Havelock, SP, Freedom, Concord, and Crest in the bracket.
thanks Captain Obvious!!!!!!
smokin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by 91ths:

roll.r191677.gif

smokin.r191677.gif
Welcome.
wink.r191677.gif

and if your particular team doesn't bode well this Friday or next, you wont mind us coming to your thread
and give you a pep talk will you?.......so to speak
wink.r191677.gif

I don't think anybody had the assumption this was a 3a state championship team lol. Just trying to get a young team to compete for a few rounds.
This post was edited on 11/13 3:22 PM by bearalum04

I don't believe any of said we did.

and if your particular team doesn't bode well this Friday or next, you wont mind us coming to your thread
wink.r191677.gif
My team will be playing the next 5 weeks but if you feel inclined by all means do.

wink.r191677.gif
My team will be playing the next 5 weeks but if you feel inclined by all means do.
The Bears record against your Rams 1-0.

porter, never mind him, they had to go elsewhere tobeat their chests, cause the Cleveland county bunch has been handing them their asses in other threads.
roll.r191677.gif

No different a road in 3A than it has been. I don't hink anyone expects a miracle, anymore than last wek at Franklin. I would hope the effort is better but the result may be the same.

That 2009 Hibriten-Tuscola game is probably the best HS game I've ever seen.
I don't know what Hibriten has this year. They can be good or they can be so-so. The Bears are at home so that gives them some edge. Will their fans turn out? Sometimes they have had a tendency to blow off the 1st round games.

I'll take the Bears at home +3.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but neither Haywood County team has a chance in hades in 3A this season with teams like Havelock

Nothing unusual here. On the other hand, I remember folks saying the same thing another time Havelock and Pisgah played on their field. While Havelock definitely had the better athletes in that game what they lacked was heart, which was plain to see. They didn't like to get hit, and it showed with 3 straight fumbles if I remember correctly at the beginning of the game. When they got the cobwebs PHS put in their helmets out, they came back to take a 24-21 lead (again, if I remember correctly) Havelock seemed to quit in the second half as Pisgah just ground them into the turf the the rest of the way for a 35-24 victory. Nothing is impossible, and as we have learned from Eastern teams in NC SC games, they can be NFL caliber or very average.... There is no way to tell.

4 of which will be against teams they have already played if the Eastern bracket goes as normal. I never could understand how a team can get to the state championship game without playing outside of their own conference in some cases, which is the norm in NC East.

Daniels looks like a "no go" for this game as does our big guard Minton. Going to be tough and cold for our Panthers but heres hoping they compete. Hoping for a great game with no injuries on either team!

Its a special kind of cold down by the Pigeon River sudd. Pack the Under Armour and the fleece!
cool0025.r191677.gif

hibriten has 6 wins the 6 teams they beat have a combined record of 15-51. and the 8 teams pisgah beat has a combined record of 22-65 so neither team beat any good teams

Originally posted by pisgah bear supporter:

wink.r191677.gif
The Bears record against your Rams 1-0.
It will stay that way as well because you will never make it close to seeing us in Raleigh.

I say Pisgah by 7 in front of a crowd of about 2000. I expect that they will want it a little more.

Originally posted by icardcav3:
hibriten has 6 wins the 6 teams they beat have a combined record of 15-51. and the 8 teams pisgah beat has a combined record of 22-65 so neither team beat any good teams
I think I said they were two evenly matched team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT