ADVERTISEMENT

Pisgah @ David Crockett, T.N.

PisgahCatamount07

Aug 23, 2019
I don't really know anything about them other than a simple google. They're 3-2 so far on the season. Looks like they usually play some pretty good competition. They're 5A, but have about 1200 students so they'd be 3A in N.C. @Appvol you've usually got the 411 on Eastern TN teams. What does you and everybody else think?

Last edited:
I don't really know anything about them other than a simple google. They're 3-2 so far on the season. Looks like they usually play some pretty good competition. They're 5A, but have about 1200 students so they'd be 3A in N.C. @Appvol you've usually got the 411 on Eastern TN teams. What does you and everybody else think?
They want be Greeneville good. Might get a little chippy with how Pisgah likes to play physical football. Luckily their really good LB Prince Kollie graduated. He won LB of the year last year in high school football. Went to Notre Dame. Here is a pre season article about DC.

Last edited:
Reactions: f-ball-ace
Thanks for posting the links AppVol.
I'm just excited about seeing a new team and stadium. Hopefully this bunch isn't loaded like Greeneville was a few years ago. Either way it'll be fun.

Reactions: UNC91 and Appvol
So I actually live in Bristol, TN now, well for about 5 years now. What I can tell you about David Crockett is they've only lost two games, one to Letcher County Central out of KY, they're pretty good overall. The other is to Dobyns Bennett out of Kingsports, they're 6A which is roughly a 4A maybe a little bigger in NC. Regardless, that DB team has a margin of victory 178 PF to 48 PA but they also have like 18 seniors.

David Crockett has a really good mix of run/pass on offense, and a really solid defense. I think for Pisgah to win, they're going to need to control the offensive line of scrimmage and take advantage of each offensive possession they can get. If they get behind the chains too often, DC offense will start to grind the clock.

I know that's not a ton of insight, I unfortunately haven't seen DC play yet in person this season, only highlights. Not a senior heavy team, but not incredibly young either.

So I actually live in Bristol, TN now, well for about 5 years now. What I can tell you about David Crockett is they've only lost two games, one to Letcher County Central out of KY, they're pretty good overall. The other is to Dobyns Bennett out of Kingsports, they're 6A which is roughly a 4A maybe a little bigger in NC. Regardless, that DB team has a margin of victory 178 PF to 48 PA but they also have like 18 seniors.

David Crockett has a really good mix of run/pass on offense, and a really solid defense. I think for Pisgah to win, they're going to need to control the offensive line of scrimmage and take advantage of each offensive possession they can get. If they get behind the chains too often, DC offense will start to grind the clock.

I know that's not a ton of insight, I unfortunately haven't seen DC play yet in person this season, only highlights. Not a senior heavy team, but not incredibly young either.
Thanks for posting P.P.11. I was hoping someone from TN would chime in.
Pisgah is a dual threat team. They like to run the ball but can hurt ya in the passing game as well. Defense is the Bears strong point. The defense has only allowed 30 points in 4 games. 32 points total in 4 games. They still make silly mistakes at the most inopportune times tho.(high school kids that'll happen) I think we'll get to see a good hard nose football game Friday night.

Last edited:
Pisga
Pisgah is a dual threat team. They like to run the ball but can hurt ya in the passing game as well. Defense is the Bears strong point. The defense has only allowed 30 points in 4 games. 32 points total in 4 games. They still make silly mistakes at the most inopportune times tho.(high school kids that'll happen) I think we'll get to see a good hard nose football game Friday night.
Actually, Pisgah’s defense has only allowed 21 points on the season. 7 points for Pickens, SC, and 14 for Smoky Mtn. The other points were 2 safeties, and a scoop score on a fumble & PAT. Pisgah has been able to control the line of scrimmage in each game. If the Bears can do that again, I think we have a good chance of winning.

Reactions: BigBear-10

Thanks for posting that information. Should be a good game. Pisgah will represent well at the game too.

Reactions: UNC91
I agree with you. I could see a low scoring game. I could also see a game where the team with the last possession wins the game. Best of luck to the young men from Pisgah, definitely praying for safe travels across the mountain. The weather has been good, low 80s so should be a nice Friday night for football. Best of luck.

Be careful driving through Jonesborough. They have red light cameras on 11E. Stop at a Pals if you want some good fast food. Hot Dog chili only frenchie fry and a sweet tea or peach tea is my go to.

Reactions: Razzamatazz
Be careful driving through Jonesborough. They have red light cameras on 11E. Stop at a Pals if you want some good fast food. Hot Dog chili only frenchie fry and a sweet tea or peach tea is my go to.

Does Pal's have walk up window? I've never been to one.(seen em) the drive thru are always packed. I dont like going thru the drive thru not knowing the menu.

Does Pal's have walk up window? I've never been to one.(seen em) the drive thru are always packed. I dont like going thru the drive thru not knowing the menu.
Drive thru only. Click on the link to look at their menu. Drive thru moves pretty fast.

Not surprised by the competitiveness of the match up. Two solid teams going at it. I'll be honest though, looking at both of their schedules thus far, Davy Crockett has played the tougher schedule. I believe that made the difference, IMO of course.

I'm not a supporter of either team BTW, I'm just familiar with football in both areas. My son plays for the Tennessee High Jr Vikings, and we play DC in a few weeks. I think that's one big advantage TN has over NC is how well structured they develop the kids from 5-6 into the high school programs. I've never seen anything like it.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I hope and pray the injuries sustained by PHS players aren't serious!! I know I heard that QB1 had some sort of hand issue but not sure of the severity of it. God forbid its serious enough to keep him out of playing as our QB because he has done a tremendous job the last several weeks! Makes me wonder if in such a scenario would Coach C go with 11 and bring up JVs QB 1 who is a stud for a freshman to be his backup or just move other kids around to keep things clicking without any JV assistance? I know DM had an injury and haven't heard a word about that either!? What great kids the two of those and definitely injuries that could affect the outcome of the season for sure! Praying for them and i ask yall to do the same! These are model students athletes and would be a tremendous loss imho!!

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT