ADVERTISEMENT

Phony screen names

owen98

Jul 20, 2006
Many of you have probably seen me go after folks for having phony names over the years. Well there is a reason for that. I once was accused by a coach for being a phony called Owen Dynasty. This guy/gal was around 2004-2010 or so and was always overboard bragging about Owen and attacking coaches etc. With that said I don’t truly believe he was even a real Owen fan honestly. I have had suspicions of who he truly was but never have been able to mail it down. Anyway I think the 2004 season we played Shelby 3rd round and he had bragged of how we were gonna slaughter them etc. I think many of our fans thought we could play with them but knew very well it would be an uphill battle to beat them. In the end I believe they beat us something like 27-7. On my way home I listened to the Shelby radio announcers talking about the game and they made reference to Owen Dynasty of the message boards. I couldn’t believe that guy had drawn that much attention. They were making fun of his outlandish remarks and they asked I wonder what he thought about that game etc. Anyway in the years to follow he attacked coach Lee and as a surprise to me Lee confronted me one day with the accusation that I was Dynasty. He floored me and I have never truly been able to shake that stigma. In that time I was Owens #1 fan. I lost the password etc and had to start Owen98. Anyway it chaps my hide to see people use fake names and just troll to this day. As anyone can see Dynasty vanished some time in 2010-2012 range I believe. I have also dealt with a troll on carolinapreps called pop warner which I found out some time later was one of the administrators on that site after he was dismissed. I have also had encounters with Mr Bud, Mitchell82, to name a few of the other phony names. I have said many things people don’t like and or agree with but I am actually the real deal. I went to Owen and graduated in 98 and stand by what I say. I have had to apologize and eat crow etc over the years but it’s still me. I joined this site originally around 2002-2003 and have been active ever since good bad or ugly. I am one of the only Owen posters still on here. I hope we get to winning again soon and that some more folks will join me on here. I guess the point to this post is just to say. Be real!

Ummm....
Let me be the first to say that after reading your post, it seems like you are taking this mess wayyyy too seriously. We are grown ups talking about a game that children are playing. That's it. That's all these forums are about. So if you are letting things from here get to you like that, then you might need to take a chill pill. Grown ups. Games. Children. It's not that serious. At all.

It’s that serious when someone uses a fake name and you get accused of it. So you must not have read it. You have no way to prove its not you unless the accuser contacts the administrators of this site to ask about IP addresses etc. Even that has its limits. Especially when accuser is someone you know on a personal level

• Haha
Reactions: UNC_91
Also using fake names is childish and not the purpose of this site. Like you said it’s about talking football. Not theatrics

• Haha
Reactions: UNC_91
It’s that serious when someone uses a fake name and you get accused of it. So you must not have read it. You have no way to prove its not you unless the accuser contacts the administrators of this site to ask about IP addresses etc. Even that has its limits. Especially when accuser is someone you know onwa a personal level
IP addresses? That's way too deep. Just let it go, man. You told the accuser that it's not you. Don't worry about it anymore. Trust me, this is not the first time nor will it be the last time you will be accused of something you didn't do. But I'm almost certain that this is the least important and most irrelevant of them all.

IP addresses? That's way too deep. Just let it go, man. You told the accuser that it's not you. Don't worry about it anymore. Trust me, this is not the first time nor will it be the last time you will be accused of something you didn't do. But I'm almost certain that this is the least important and most irrelevant of them all.
Hang in there, some of us will always have haters even if we tone it way down and only try and be helpful or nice, even. LOL Here it is week 5 and I may have 5 posts and a thread, and it went haywire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Purple1995
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT