ADVERTISEMENT

Paxton resigns at Mooresville

Marty is a good guy. i wish him the best and i’m sure he’ll do well wherever he ends up at.

edit: looks like it’s Concord

Last edited:
Is the Mooresville job a good one ? what are you guys thoughts. I know they are in a tough conference. Is there potential?

imo, it’s a good gig. Mooresville has a good following, good facilities, and they say the money is decent. not sure about having the horses to compete with the Mallard Creeks of the world on a regular basis tho. but who knows, they have finished as high as second place in the IMECK in the past and went
on to the 4A West semi finals that same year under Hal Capps.

I think the Mooresville job is one of the more desirable jobs in the state. Money is there. Top notch facilities (many of which are new). A strong fan base. Loads and loads and loads of resources. Have so good returning players coming back... and have a near undefeated JV squad coming through (lost a nail biter to Mallard Creek; Creek and Mooresville we’re undefeated at time of the game in the last week of the season) with real good size. Theres ALWAYS been a load of athletes at Mooresville. The problem has been developing them (IMO), and that’s something a good new staff could work on. I think the two weakest points for Mooresville over the last several years is a lack of quality at WR and a lack of a developed passing QB. Last year we virtually had no passing threat. That’s probably one of the weaker areas in the program if I’m honest.

Reactions: OptionFreak
My gut tells me this might be an in-house hire for the HC gig. I have no facts to back that up, just a feeling I have

Jim Bob Bryant might be interested, wanted it first go around.
Mooresville is a desirable job, feel like they'll have plenty of people to choose from.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT