ADVERTISEMENT

Parkwood @ Lincolnton

LawDog515

Aug 15, 2002
I don't recall ever seeing any Parkwood fans on the boards before, but let's see if we can find one. Can anyone provide any info on them???

Thanks for the video, CM3. It looks like T.Butler is their primary rusher.In the video he looks fast. The Gazette said he had 12 carries for 61 yards or five yards a carry. The most carries of any of Parkwood's backs. I also noticed they had 98 yards passing which tells me they can run and pass, both.I left a link to the Gazette's yardstick if you'd care to peruse it.You need to scroll down to it.
This post was edited on 11/16 4:17 PM by Lincolnton

Gaston Gazette:Huss V. Parkwood Stats

It's going to be a tall task for Parkwood to win this game. I do think they have a slight edge in the speed department, however, Lincolnton clearly has the advantage in size and strength. If Parkwood can compete at the line of scrimmage, they will compete; if not, it will be a long night for the Rebels. It should be a very quick game as both teams don't mind running the football and chewing up the clock.

Originally posted by olrebel:
It's going to be a tall task for Parkwood to win this game. I do think they have a slight edge in the speed department, however, Lincolnton clearly has the advantage in size and strength. If Parkwood can compete at the line of scrimmage, they will compete; if not, it will be a long night for the Rebels. It should be a very quick game as both teams don't mind running the football and chewing up the clock.
Parkwood will need to be able to pass to beat L-town. I just don't think they'll be too successful running the ball. However, this is just one man's opinion.

Later!

Its going to be very difficult for Parkwood to come to Lincolnton and stop the ground and pound attack. Lincolnton's offensive line are blowing people off the line of scrimmage. That offense is taking its toll on defenses. You would think putting 9 and more in the box would slow it down but it hasn't.

I have seen vast improvements on defense in the secondary over the course of the year. If Parkwood goes to the pass they cannot be long passes due to the pressure of the defensive line.

It would be nice to see some stats on Lincolnton. I haven't seen any on Maxpreps.

Thanks for the link CM3! The RB is definitely fast. I can see him giving us fits here and there. If our DE's can contain the sweeps with a strong push off the line we've still got a RB that makes great cuts and could still navigate through the middle of the defense. I think this is going to be a great game. I for one can't wait for round 2!!! Is it Friday yet???

Final 28-12 wolves! Easter leaves game at halftime with a concussion. Hopefully he will be ready for East next week. Good win for the wolves against a tuff parkwood team!

Looks like the Lincoln county showdown is on...again. I can't wait. I hope Easter is alright. I heard he had a head injury?

Parkwood was a scrappy team with a good game plan. Their QB was decent and their running backs complimented each other well.

Lincolnton didn't look as sharp, as I'd seen them earlier in the season, but they did all that was necessary to win and advance.I hope Easter is okay and will be able to play for the Wolves next week.

It was pleasure to be seated next to my friend, Lincolnton, for tonight's game.I do believe he knows every Wolve fan by name,young and old. It's always a fun evening with the living legend!

Great win by the Wolves. Hard to stop the three headed monster running attack. Looks like the defensive unit excelled again. The BIG SHOWDOWN is set for next week. Prime Time in Lincoln County. We are going to see one heck of a game in seven days.

Originally posted by CHEERDUCK:
Parkwood was a scrappy team with a good game plan. Their QB was decent and their running backs complimented each other well.

Lincolnton didn't look as sharp, as I'd seen them earlier in the season, but they did all that was necessary to win and advance.I hope Easter is okay and will be able to play for the Wolves next week.

It was pleasure to be seated next to my friend, Lincolnton, for tonight's game.I do believe he knows every Wolve fan by name,young and old. It's always a fun evening with the living legend!
Cheerduck, it's always good to see you and Cletus. Thanks for coming to our game. Your post is a good assessment. All the best to our quarterback J. Easter.

This post was edited on 11/23 7:22 AM by Lincolnton

Let's hope Easter is good to go. Reports were that he appeared to be in good shape after the game. But, the kid that I saw walk off the field was as wobbly as a newborn calf. If it's a concussion then he's out for two games I believe. Trust me when I say this, Jordon Easter is one of those players that the Wolves need to be healthy and 100% when they face the Mustangs. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!!!

If it is deemed Easter has concussion symptoms he will not be allowed to play. The rules are there to protect the kids from people who have a win at all cost mentality. Easter is a BIG cogged in this machine as evidence at North Lincoln. He has the ability to break a roll to opposite field and has ran that offense very well. But the kids health is that main issue and should be.

If Easter is able to go I look for a great venue next week. The Wolves are handling the task on both sides of the ball as they usually do this time of the year. Easter has also been a big time player in the secondary when called upon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT