ADVERTISEMENT

Pardue out at Walkertown

Somewhat surprised, I know he had a rough season last year, but I thought he did a good job.

He told me the same story of his commute at a game last year.

Somewhat surprised, I know he had a rough season last year, but I thought he did a good job.

He told me the same story of his commute at a game last year.

Yeah he told us some of the same too. I think he was questioning himself then about what he wanted to do. It all went downhill for him fast; but then he sounded optimistic for 2019/20. I guess something musta made him realize real fast that he needed to do something different.Can't fault him for his move though; he knows his defense and will help WC a good deal.

I remember when we went down there to play them on JV last year and he was telling us how much he had to gut the JV roster due to a lower older classman turnout. It looked like it really bothered him. He did a good job that first year because he had to make them tougher to win the big games. Year 2 they were badly inconsistent I think he started feeling the pinch then. He will be an HC at some point again; I hope so anyways he's a nice guy. One of the nicer HC's I've met from in that way. He could do well in the MVAC or Northwest somewhere.

As for Walkertown this could be potentially a big hire for them. They gotta find a way to get afloat or at least winning games. They haven't won a game in 17 months since that playoff win over East Wilkes. That Prep game is gonna be so much more interesting now really. It could determine both of those program's futures. A bad pick could knock things down even worse there. They could have kids quit and #'s drop down a wad. That's the last thing they need.

As for a favorite I have no clue. Their JV head coach may get it but I'm not sure if he wants it. I can't really think of anyone else.

Yeah he told us some of the same too. I think he was questioning himself then about what he wanted to do. It all went downhill for him fast; but then he sounded optimistic for 2019/20. I guess something musta made him realize real fast that he needed to do something different.Can't fault him for his move though; he knows his defense and will help WC a good deal.

I remember when we went down there to play them on JV last year and he was telling us how much he had to gut the JV roster due to a lower older classman turnout. It looked like it really bothered him. He did a good job that first year because he had to make them tougher to win the big games. Year 2 they were badly inconsistent I think he started feeling the pinch then. He will be an HC at some point again; I hope so anyways he's a nice guy. One of the nicer HC's I've met from in that way. He could do well in the MVAC or Northwest somewhere.

As for Walkertown this could be potentially a big hire for them. They gotta find a way to get afloat or at least winning games. They haven't won a game in 17 months since that playoff win over East Wilkes. That Prep game is gonna be so much more interesting now really. It could determine both of those program's futures. A bad pick could knock things down even worse there. They could have kids quit and #'s drop down a wad. That's the last thing they need.

As for a favorite I have no clue. Their JV head coach may get it but I'm not sure if he wants it. I can't really think of anyone else.
I also heard his brother left for a baseball job down east.

What about a guy looking for 300 wins?

Reactions: gdawg74
Open enrollment makes this job a difficult one East Forsyth is 5 minutes away from Walkertown High School. Its five high schools less then 10 minutes away from each other competing for the same kids

Reactions: Slasher Killer
Can anyone tell me if Keith Wilkes former Carver Coach is he still Coaching football? If so, i would like to see him Coaching Walkertown.

Walkertown could be a good job, BUT right now it's not due to many factors already posted and a few not posted. The exiting head coach is a good guy and a good coach but has been trying to leave there for the past couple of years. I can not pretend to think what it would take to make Walkertown a good / great football program but the set up there seems pretty good in areas,the AD is a great guy and will work with you so that's a plus. I am not sure about the administrations commitment to a winning football program or how they view athletics. As far as facilities they are new and the athletic field set up is great so that s a plus. I am not sure what direction they go for a coach I am sure that this late they will have an interim HC or maybe they get a quality coach with HC experience who knows. All in all I think you can win there

Their ADM size isn't really a help either. They got too big too fast now it's stalled and they are stuck in 2A.They didn't make the transition well at all last year. If they stayed small in the Northwest they wouldn't have went 0-11, at least 2-9. But they gotta deal for at least 3 more years.

Open enrollment makes this job a difficult one East Forsyth is 5 minutes away from Walkertown High School. Its five high schools less then 10 minutes away from each other competing for the same kids

Well said.

The school itself is an example of why big counties should do their homework before spending the money and building a new school. Their idea was noble since there was a Walkertown high in the '50s but it ended up hurting everyone more than helping. That area is so crowded with schools now for a certain base of kids to try to get to come play. In that area you got Walkertown, East, Carver, Atkins, Prep.. I'm sure there is more. Hard to win when you gotta fight other schools for you're roster base.

Their ADM size isn't really a help either. They got too big too fast now it's stalled and they are stuck in 2A.They didn't make the transition well at all last year. If they stayed small in the Northwest they wouldn't have went 0-11, at least 2-9. But they gotta deal for at least 3 more years.
SammyK can confirm, but I think they are at capacity. They also house the Middle School.

Slash, I was correct on at capacity for Walkertown. I just read projects for WSFCS this summer and one was installing 3 mobile classrooms.

According to Max Preps and Twitter they hired Mitch Reeves to be the replacement; haven't seen an article anywhere yet for it.

I completely forgot he was at Walkertown lol. Interesting pick to say the least. His last year at North Stokes was a nightmare so I see him trying to get over it but it's a curious pick given Walkertown's state. Offensively it's gonna be hard to say what they will run he ran both the Wing and the I in Danbury. Could ditch both for the spread; hard to say.

Depth will be the main thing for them this year. If they have more varsity aged kids this year that will be a major +. See them winning at least 2-4 games perhaps if things go right. If not hard to say

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT