ADVERTISEMENT

Pamlico vs. Murphy - 1A Championship

Dude I'm not coach. It doesn't matter if I have five openings you will not see them play the good teams in our area. They'll be a couple of homeschool teams and a couple of team from Georgia that nobody's heard of of.
Thank goodness you aren’t a coach. This would be embarrassing if you were.

Murphy is 1A, Asheville schools are 3A, they have classifications for a reason. Nobody cares if Charlotte Catholic or Erwin would beat Murphy, it's irrelevant..

Murphy is the cream of the crop at the 1A level, Erwin is a nobody at the 3A level. No amount of bashing or belittling from you will change that.

Here we go again with Erwin. You're like a broken record. I could care less about them. All I said was I watch them play a couple times this season and they would beat Murphy down no doubt. I'm not even sure why you have a problem with them other than you think I'm some poster that's a fan of theirs. Will you just admit little 1a is bad. Be real dude

I'll leave this board if you Murphy fans will admit how weak some of your titles have been. That sounds like a pretty good deal if you're sincere

Reactions: rville20
I already blocked rville 20, site has been more enjoyable since then. I'll be doing the same now with Micro45, I mean Magnum45.
I did it after I lost my head on here. I didn’t know anything about the ignore button now it’s time to do some more on here

Reactions: Cold Biscuit
Dang Murphy..why didnt yall let crybaby Rvlle20 beat yall. He and Magnum are super pathetic! Magnum your team is? Don't be cowardly and sit back and bash without stating who your team is. But anyway Murphy fans and team congrats..let the haters and crybabies look stupid, while you bring home hardware.

To any Pamlico fans on here please ignore all the trash talking crap a few pages back by non-Murphy fans. Congratulations on a great season and making your first appearance in a state championship.
They had a really good year, but they are nowhere near the level Murphy was this year. No one was this year except for Mitchell.

Great season Pamlico congrats your first trip to the big show hope you all will return down the road! To all you haters it really doesn’t matter what you say about Murphy bottom line is we just bought another state championship home to the mountains. 32 yrs ago I was on my way home after being a part of Gentry’s first championship and Murphy 2nd ! Why do you want to bash MHS these kids just played there hearts out for a ring that nobody can ever take away from them a memory that lives on forever. Some will never wear a football helmet again so can’t for just one night give credit where it’s dew to the kids from MHS that just won! Way to go big Dogs you all finished the drill ! Congrats on a great season!!!

Great season Pamlico congrats your first trip to the big show hope you all will return down the road! To all you haters it really doesn’t matter what you say about Murphy bottom line is we just bought another state championship home to the mountains. 32 yrs ago I was on my way home after being a part of Gentry’s first championship and Murphy 2nd ! Why do you want to bash MHS these kids just played there hearts out for a ring that nobody can ever take away from them a memory that lives on forever. Some will never wear a football helmet again so can’t for just one night give credit where it’s dew to the kids from MHS that just won! Way to go big Dogs you all finished the drill ! Congrats on a great season!!!
Oyeah and it doesn’t matter what 1a school you’re in or even what state a state championship is a state championship! It’s not given it’s earned !

Reactions: BulldogDad27-23
Congrats Murphy!!!!! Great team...was hoping speed and up and coming could overcome power and tradition today. As for all the comments from other WNC 1A schools....the East has plenty to offer...just ask East Surry. Only 18 schools playing this weekend and the Canes were one of them. Building something special in Pamlico...we'll be back. Again,
Congrats to Murphy...heck of a football team and deserving of the win.

Congrats Murphy!!!!! Great team...was hoping speed and up and coming could overcome power and tradition today. As for all the comments from other WNC 1A schools....the East has plenty to offer...just ask East Surry. Only 18 schools playing this weekend and the Canes were one of them. Building something special in Pamlico...we'll be back. Again,
Congrats to Murphy...heck of a football team and deserving of the win.
16 teams playing this weekend....all those points Murphy put on the board has my math a little screwed up

Last edited:
Congratulations to the Bulldogs on their 9th state title and 8th for Coach Gentry.....

Also congratulations to Pamlico County on their first trip to the Championship game, but it likely won't be their last....The Hurricanes will likely be back there next year with that #8 still around...He's already a stud as a Sophomore....

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Now the next question is????? Will coach Gentry retire after this championship???

I played basketball against him when he played at Edneyville. He was a tough cookie back in the 1960’s and his teams today reflect his toughness.

Congrats Murphy and Coach Gentry from Badtiger over in Rosman.

Wouldn’t have made it this far? Look up the score of last season’s Murphy/East Surry playoff game. In case it slipped your mind East Surry played Tarboro tonight. Showing your ignorance again magdumb!

As for Tarboro, I watched them tonight. They are very good and cat quick on the edges, but I think Murphy could hold their own. They sure wouldn’t lose by 40 points like most other teams. ES was right there with them at halftime. Tarboro just wore ES down in the second half. As you saw today Murphy is a very deep team. Hard to wear down a deep team. Tarboro likely wins but it’s a good game.

Congrats to Murphy. The size difference between Them and Pamlico was huge and the difference. After watching both Tarboro and Murphy in person, here is my thoughts for what’s its worth. I do think Tarboro would win by 2 to 3 TDS. Tarboro has the size to match Murphy, but the speed and athleticism of Pamlico. Game I would love see.

No way is Gentry retiring when he can take the all-time record for wins next year too. Still looks like he enjoys the game and coaching.

As for Pamlico, great job and from the looks of the coach in the 4th quarter, seems like a good man for the kids to look up to. If I recall correctly, they mentioned on the air last night there's still a couple of kids that haven't fully recovered from the hurricane. That's sad to hear, but it shows the heart your team and community has. Nothing to hang your head on when you look at the big picture and how far you've came.

Congratulations to Coach Gentry and his Murphy Bulldogs for another state championship season! Well done.

As for the game, well, we all knew what was coming there except for poor ole mbdfan. He just knew it was gonna be a nailbiter! ;)

Pamlico, y'all need to hold your head up and be proud. You had a heck of a season and your kids played hard. Murphy beat the brakes off my Bears last year even worse than what you got yesterday so we know how it feels. No shame in losing to the Bulldogs. You'll be back and with some championship experience you'll be even more dangerous. You may not feel great this morning but your future looks bright!

Are you guys seriously talkin about Tarboro. You played one pretty good team all season in that was Mitchell. That's it. What makes you think you could play with a team like that

What makes you so sure Murphy can’t play with them? East Surry did for a half and Murphy beat them so bad last season that the running clock rule was used to finish off the game. Relax Nancy. Nobody said Murphy would win, just that they would give Tarboro a decent game. Do you make it a point to be a douche bag on every thread where Murphy is mentioned?
I for one say murphy has the best shot of anybody in the west taking on Tarboro, all they have to do is play 1AA next year and we will know.

What makes you so sure Murphy can’t play with them? East Surry did for a half and Murphy beat them so bad last season that the running clock rule was used to finish off the game. Relax Nancy. Nobody said Murphy would win, just that they would give Tarboro a decent game. Do you make it a point to be a douche bag on every thread where Murphy is mentioned?
Why does people keep talking about Murphy beating east surry last year it has nothing to do with this year or the next

Reactions: Cdoc73 and rville20
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT