ADVERTISEMENT

Pamlico vs. Murphy - 1A Championship

I hope 40 is going to be ok. I know he won't be 100 percent but I think he will play. Or I will say I would be surprised if he doesn't. This has happened to him several times before, just hope it isn't worse this time so he can play. 32 was just disqualified, he was not ejected. If he had been ejected then he would have had to leave the field and side line. It is my understanding that if he had been ejected then he could not play next week. I am not 100 percent positive of all that but I was told that by a good source in my opinion. I hope for his sake he gets to play. He was just trying to free his ankle from getting twisted after the play. It happened almost every play he ran it. 32 has no history of such behavior and is a great kid. Bad situation for sure. I hope it gets worked out properly.

#32 was ejected, they're appealing. Don't imagine the state will overturn it.

I'm not gonna to pretend that I KNOW for sure. But I was told if he had been ejected that he would not have been allowed to stay on the sideline.

Just going on what the coaching staff told me. Was ejected and they have submitted an appeal to overturn.

Well I hope he gets to play. Such a bad way to end such a great career. I hope they take in the fact that he has never done anything like that before.

Reactions: mbdfan
Yeah, terrible situation. Hope the state shows leniency but not going to hold my breath.

They won't need #32 against Pamlico. Even Robbinsville could beat them and they're not anywhere close to as good as Murphy. Y'all played the state championship game at Mitchell. Everything after that is just a formality.

Reactions: mbdfan and Griddie
#32 and #40 are 2 of Murphy's 3 best players. With them not on the field a win over Pamlico is far from a formality.

Reactions: BulldogDad27-23
#32 and #40 are 2 of Murphy's 3 best players. With them not on the field a win over Pamlico is far from a formality.

It would be troubling if they were playing anyone good. They aren't. Pamlico might be the 3rd best team in SMC. Maybe.

Y'all are gonna roll them up and down the field next week and everyone knows it. Stop sandbagging and enjoy the show.

HAHAHAHAHA, ya'll sleep on Pamlico. We'll see what happens next weekend. It will be interesting to see if Murphy can run with Pamlico. If you don't have all your players, it may be an even longer ride back to Murphy. Pamlico's only loss is to the other 1AA state champion to be Tarboro! And Murphy would get rolled by Tarboro.

HAHAHAHAHA, ya'll sleep on Pamlico. We'll see what happens next weekend. It will be interesting to see if Murphy can run with Pamlico. If you don't have all your players, it may be an even longer ride back to Murphy. Pamlico's only loss is to the other 1AA state champion to be Tarboro! And Murphy would get rolled by Tarboro.
Irrelevant ... Murphy doesn't play Tarboro. You worry about your problem at hand and we'll worry about ours. IllI tell you this:. If you only scored 16 against Rosewood, you're in bug trouble against the Murphy D.

Murphy won't overlook Pamlico but I promise you Tarboro wouldn't hang 61 points on the Dogs.....

Reactions: mbdfan and bareman
Well they want be sleep on em ,. But we have plenty of backs

Reactions: Gps62

Might want to pump the breaks just a bit. Nobody from MHS has said anything negative about Pamlico, and we definitely won't be "sleeping" on them. As far as Murphy being without a few players, we will be just fine. If you have any other questions about what Murphy will bring to a state title game , feel free to ask any WRH or Washington Co (Plymouth) posters.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbdfan and Gps62
Watched some video floating around the web on Pamlico. Big, fast, got a nose for the ball on d. It will be a war .

Murphy won't overlook Pamlico but I promise you Tarboro wouldn't hang 61 points on the Dogs.....
Whatever dude ! Very hard to believe because I don’t think anyone in Gentry’s era has ever hung 61 on MHS. Anyway this ain’t about tarboro . Murphy’s D line is one of the best in the state regardless of what A school. All I can say is Pamlico better have there Big Boy pants on .The dogs are coming to hit ! Should be a great game.

Reactions: BulldogDad27-23
For a supposed coach you sure are an idiot. Nobody from Murphy is sleeping on Pamlico, at least no one that actually matters: coaches, players, etc.

Murphy will have a tough go of it without two of their very best players, but I think they'll show up anyway!

Last edited:
Reactions: ncvol2381
Whatever dude ! Very hard to believe because I don’t think anyone in Gentry’s era has ever hung 61 on MHS. Anyway this ain’t about tarboro . Murphy’s D line is one of the best in the state regardless of what A school. All I can say is Pamlico better have there Big Boy pants on .The dogs are coming to hit ! Should be a great game.
Cold biscuit that’s was meant for Steelers 71 !

Reactions: Cold Biscuit
It would be troubling if they were playing anyone good. They aren't. Pamlico might be the 3rd best team in SMC. Maybe.

Y'all are gonna roll them up and down the field next week and everyone knows it. Stop sandbagging and enjoy the show.

For a supposed coach you sure are an idiot. Nobody from Murphy is sleeping on Pamlico, at least no one that actually matters: coaches, players, etc.

Murphy will have a tough go of it without two of their very best players, but I think they'll show up anyway!

Ok. So, this guy says Pamlico might be 3rd best in the SMC and ya'll aren't sleeping on them? This isn't ground and pound mountain football you're getting ready to see. Murphy has always been a great program, but Pamlico is pretty darn good this year and I'd venture to say has more team speed then you all have seen this year. Should be a great game. I'll keep coaching, you do whatever it is you do.

I think this game plays out a lot like the 2016 MIC game. #1 Murray for the Hurricanes will be the best player on the field and make a lot of big plays for Pamlico, but will slowly get slowed down over the course of the game. Murphy will do their thing and get the job done late in the 4th even if Mctaggert doesn’t play just because they have more weapons at their disposal to use. Dogs 27-26

Ok. So, this guy says Pamlico might be 3rd best in the SMC and ya'll aren't sleeping on them? This isn't ground and pound mountain football you're getting ready to see.
First off, that guy isn't from Murphy and I promise you nobody from Murphy thinks like that. Second I've seen Pamlico clips against Southside and Northside, Pamlico has excellent team speed on defense and the QB is especially quick on offense, but Murphy plays somebody every year in the title game with speed and team speed: WRH, Jones, Plymouth, it's nothing new.

Not having #32 and #40 on the edge defensively is huge though and big plus for Pamlico.

Reactions: Cold Biscuit
I would wager that Murphy's appeal holds up and that 32 plays. I don't think the ejection will stand. Same situation happened with us at Cherokee and our coaches were able to appeal it successfully after the fact. He's a great player, and it would be a shame if they didn't allow him to play after reviewing the circumstances
I hope so. I think from how the radio commentators called the game the State needs to watch the entire game. It sounded like the officials tried everything they could to keep Murphy out of the end zone. I sure would like to know how many penalties the Bulldogs had. Every team has their share of penalties but surely Murphy didn’t commit that many in a Regional Final. I know Murphy radio is biased towards their team and rightfully so but it was a constant night of flags especially when Murphy got deep into Robbinsville territory. I didn’t have a dog in this fight so I feel like I can speak honestly on this. Heck you can call a holding foul every play at any level of football

Reactions: Gps62
I would wager that Murphy's appeal holds up and that 32 plays. I don't think the ejection will stand. Same situation happened with us at Cherokee and our coaches were able to appeal it successfully after the fact. He's a great player, and it would be a shame if they didn't allow him to play after reviewing the circumstances
It will be hard to win the appeal without a good film/video of the play. The state will only have the refs decision to go on .The location of the play and all the players being between the camera and the field of view will make it hard to see. Someone from Robbinsville that has watched the film on Hudl said they could not see any of what happened after the play on the film . I was standing at the fence and saw the entire play. It was SMC football. Something that happens EVERY single week in SMC vs SMC games. I'm just telling it like it is. Slade didn't deserve an ejection. Only a personal foul.

My opinion on this game is I think there will be some first quarter gitters from Pamlico being its their first appearance in a State Final and that could certainly play into Murphy's favor. However if Murphy fails to capitalize on that and Pamlico gets rolling would certainly make for an interesting game. I know Murphy has been to the big game before and that could be the difference maker. However Pamlico is truly a great team this year with lighting speed all over the field on defense and offense.

I hope so. I think from how the radio commentators called the game the State needs to watch the entire game. It sounded like the officials tried everything they could to keep Murphy out of the end zone. I sure would like to know how many penalties the Bulldogs had. Every team has their share of penalties but surely Murphy didn’t commit that many in a Regional Final. I know Murphy radio is biased towards their team and rightfully so but it was a constant night of flags especially when Murphy got deep into Robbinsville territory. I didn’t have a dog in this fight so I feel like I can speak honestly on this. Heck you can call a holding foul every play at any level of football
Most of the penalties came in the 4th when they had the game well in hand. Up till then it wasn’t a bad officiated ballgame sure there where some missed calls and then some call that should have been let go! Good season for the knights and good luck to the dogs next week!!!

Pamlico's pass coverage is a weakness from what little I've seen. If the o-line gives him time in pass protection, #2 will have opportunities to make plays with his arm, hope he can connect on few more throws than the last two weeks. The Pamlico d-line is undersized but fast, so their pass rush may be strong.

Last edited:
It will be hard to win the appeal without a good film/video of the play. The state will only have the refs decision to go on .The location of the play and all the players being between the camera and the field of view will make it hard to see. Someone from Robbinsville that has watched the film on Hudl said they could not see any of what happened after the play on the film . I was standing at the fence and saw the entire play. It was SMC football. Something that happens EVERY single week in SMC vs SMC games. I'm just telling it like it is. Slade didn't deserve an ejection. Only a personal foul.
Thank you Gentle Knight your right it’s SMC football!

It will be interesting to see what what the staff comes up with to try and cover for the loss of #32 and #40.

Offensively I could see them shifting #28 to RB and let #6 take over at WB. #24 can give #28 and #10 breathers at RB and FB respectively. #48 can give #6 breathers at WB. That's what I'd like to see anyway.

Defensively there are far less obvious options and nothing close as far as ability, experience or impact. I'm guessing they'll play #10 at least some snaps at MLB and shift #24 outside like they did once #40 went down.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I was thinking on offense mbdfan. We will see I reckon. I hope 10 doesn't have to go both ways the whole game.

I hope 10 doesn't have to go both ways the whole game.
Me either, I'd be worried about it limiting his impact on offense. I dont know how much choice they have though. Maybe #54 and/or #55 get snaps at MLB. Or maybe they keep #24 at MLB and somebody like #48 plays OLB to get more speed on the field.

Who knows, I trust the staff to put the boys in the best position to be successful, some of them are just really going to have to step up next Saturday.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT