ADVERTISEMENT

1A Pamlico is STATE CHAMPS BABY

Congrats to Pamlico. I will admit that I was wrong. I thought that ES would win this game, in fact I thought it would be a very comfortable win for ES. But once again what do I know. Yes, I was looking at past results to try and predict the future. Glad that Plamlico proved me wrong as I was pulling for them. This is why the game is played on the court and not on paper. Nothing anyone says or does can take this away from the young ladies.

Jones was special yesterday, as I'm sure she has been all season. Again congrats.

Go Mountaineers

Lol teams dont get to pick and choose who you play in the playoffs.....no dog in this fight but watched the game on TV and Pamlico definitely deserved it the Jones girl was amazing reminded me alil of Mikayla Boykin from our state title team a few seasons ago....Congrats on the State Championship looked like it means alot to that team and community very emotionally you could tell......its very disrespectful how some on these threads are trying to take away from it....very classless indeed...ignore it....enjoy the victory yall earned it

I'm not disrespecting the win. I don't respect the cupcakes they played to get there. Clinton played tough opponents. The 2a east girls is tough. Mh from our conference beat an undefeated Farmville central team. Jones is no Boykin. I wouldn't go that far.

Congrats to Pamlico. I will admit that I was wrong. I thought that ES would win this game, in fact I thought it would be a very comfortable win for ES. But once again what do I know. Yes, I was looking at past results to try and predict the future. Glad that Plamlico proved me wrong as I was pulling for them. This is why the game is played on the court and not on paper. Nothing anyone says or does can take this away from the young ladies.

Jones was special yesterday, as I'm sure she has been all season. Again congrats.

Go Mountaineers
Look I'm going to tell you something that is the truth that you do not wanna hear. First, why would you pull for the east when you are in the west Sounds like a traitor. Speaking of traitors, Mitchell would be NOTHING! without the two Avery co. transfers. Just because of their dislike for coach Wiseman. Avery has played all these travel ball games including Pittman and Johnson who played for avery storm for this moment to win a state title. Pittman played for avery edge this past spring. Now I will admit coach Wiseman is not the best or most knowledgeable coach. But he cares for his players very deeply. I have even seen him at travel ball tournaments over the years. Yea Pittman and Johnson may not have started, but they would have gotten excessive playing time. They would have had the depth they needed to possibly finish off mh and Murphy. Instead of having to play 28 to 30 min a game. All the money and time invested in these tournaments just for a small 1a school like Avery to accomplish a lifetime dream of winning a title. That's why you seen the staredowns of avery co. players toward those 2 players last year and this year. Mitchell does not beat Avery twice last year without Johnson. So if you are good the next two years, it is a lot to do with those two Avery players. The parents put their own selfish needs in front of what was important to these players from the 6th grade on, and I know cause you hear things in this community. If Avery has those players they make playoffs last year, and win title this year. Nobody in 1a would have touched them. And you want me to respect pamlico for beating trash teams for 3 years. I went to Mitchell for years, but will never ever pull for them to win anything again cause these nw1a teams and smc teams don't know what it's like to work their butts off and to have a 7 year plan to do something that has never been thought of in this town ever. Winning a girls state title, and then getting betrayed by their own players and parents. I will never understand it. I watched every game the mountaineers played in the 2003 playoffs, and except for the championship game against red springs, those teams they beat would get killed by the Murphy's, Cherokee's, ma's, mh's, and avery's now a days cause of the year round commitments to basketball and the talent.

Look I'm going to tell you something that is the truth that you do not wanna hear. First, why would you pull for the east when you are in the west Sounds like a traitor. Speaking of traitors, Mitchell would be NOTHING! without the two Avery co. transfers. Just because of their dislike for coach Wiseman. Avery has played all these travel ball games including Pittman and Johnson who played for avery storm for this moment to win a state title. Pittman played for avery edge this past spring. Now I will admit coach Wiseman is not the best or most knowledgeable coach. But he cares for his players very deeply. I have even seen him at travel ball tournaments over the years. Yea Pittman and Johnson may not have started, but they would have gotten excessive playing time. They would have had the depth they needed to possibly finish off mh and Murphy. Instead of having to play 28 to 30 min a game. All the money and time invested in these tournaments just for a small 1a school like Avery to accomplish a lifetime dream of winning a title. That's why you seen the staredowns of avery co. players toward those 2 players last year and this year. Mitchell does not beat Avery twice last year without Johnson. So if you are good the next two years, it is a lot to do with those two Avery players. The parents put their own selfish needs in front of what was important to these players from the 6th grade on, and I know cause you hear things in this community. If Avery has those players they make playoffs last year, and win title this year. Nobody in 1a would have touched them. And you want me to respect pamlico for beating trash teams for 3 years. I went to Mitchell for years, but will never ever pull for them to win anything again cause these nw1a teams and smc teams don't know what it's like to work their butts off and to have a 7 year plan to do something that has never been thought of in this town ever. Winning a girls state title, and then getting betrayed by their own players and parents. I will never understand it. I watched every game the mountaineers played in the 2003 playoffs, and except for the championship game against red springs, those teams they beat would get killed by the Murphy's, Cherokee's, ma's, mh's, and avery's now a days cause of the year round commitments to basketball and the talent.
Also, knowing coach Wiseman personally. He was very upset when Mitchell's arrogant pos coach would not trade game film. Mh coach and the rest of WHC's conference opponents did, and you still got beat 4 times with 3 Avery players on your team. I know you will be good next two years, but I hope you suffer the heartbreak and agony of defeat with Avery players on your team so you can see what it feels like. Basketball is just a game, but it meant more to these girls this year than you will ever know. They have played excessive minutes, and are worn out and injured all because of a few selfish parents!!

Also, knowing coach Wiseman personally. He was very upset when Mitchell's arrogant pos coach would not trade game film. Mh coach and the rest of WHC's conference opponents did, and you still got beat 4 times with 3 Avery players on your team. I know you will be good next two years, but I hope you suffer the heartbreak and agony of defeat with Avery players on your team so you can see what it feels like. Basketball is just a game, but it meant more to these girls this year than you will ever know. They have played excessive minutes, and are worn out and injured all because of a few selfish parents!!
My son is a great soccer player who is almost 11, but he wants better competition by playing Asheville teams. Well a few parents did not want to travel, so now they are stuck playing each other. Well I say get on board or get out. These kids want to get better and play the best even if they suffer defeat. That will drive these kids to overcome adversity and become better players in long run. Once again a few bad apples spoils the whole bunch. Do what's best for the kids in the long run not your selfish selves. Let them be great at what they do. And definitely don't bring them up playing with a certain team and county only to betray the school. Come up together and win or lose together. Their are a lot of lessons to be learned from this disappointment and heartbreak these Avery girls had to suffer through this year. It truly breaks my heart in two!!

My son is a great soccer player who is almost 11, but he wants better competition by playing Asheville teams. Well a few parents did not want to travel, so now they are stuck playing each other. Well I say get on board or get out. These kids want to get better and play the best even if they suffer defeat. That will drive these kids to overcome adversity and become better players in long run. Once again a few bad apples spoils the whole bunch. Do what's best for the kids in the long run not your selfish selves. Let them be great at what they do. And definitely don't bring them up playing with a certain team and county only to betray the school. Come up together and win or lose together. Their are a lot of lessons to be learned from this disappointment and heartbreak these Avery girls had to suffer through this year. It truly breaks my heart in two!!
Hannah Tipton is a perfect example of this. She has played the best on a great travel ball team over the years. I'm sure she has got her dose of losing and having to get better and hungrier. Now she is doing all the dominating, and it cannot have been more evident than the last two games. The two biggest games of her career, and she delivered on the biggest stage. It was her time to shine and lead her team to the promised land. It didn't hurt having a Sierra Chandler to learn from either who could also ball out. Tipton was prepared and ready for the moment!

I normally do pull for the west, but for this year, I had and have no problem with Pamlico winning, I have my reason and they are mine and mine alone. On that note congrats again to Heritage. As far as transfers go, yes I am glad that the girls from avery are at Mitchell but you know Mitchell fans could be complaining about Tipton at Heritage as she grew up and still lives in Mitchell county. BUT I have not heard anyone complaining. Mitchell with Tipton this season as you said with Avery would have had a better chance at a title. (You did know that Tipton was from Mitchell correct? Not sure being you are complaining about kids switching schools) I understand that situations arise and decisions are made. I will not set back and complain about things I have no control over. And please you have NO idea what I know or how I feel. Do you not think for 1 minute that the Mitchell girls didn't feel bad when a last second shot rimmed out in OT that would have sent Avery home in round 2. Yeah, I would say they were heartbroken as well. You know what it didn't go in and obviously you were happy about that. Or how Mitchell felt last season with a team of seniors like avery this season. Before the year started and even as the playoffs got underway, I felt that avery or Mitchell had the opportunity to play deep into the playoffs maybe even for a title. I hate that it didn't happen for either team. As you have stated the west is loaded. As I stated earlier about Palmico this year, the 2003 Mitchell girls beat those teams they had to beat to win a TITLE, just as your young men did this season to win their individual wrestling TITLES. Congrats to those young me.

I guess we all have different opinions of coaches as well. Sometimes coaching goes beyond what happens on the court or the field. Most everyone at some point questions a coaches decision. Heck, I sat with some Heritage fans during the conference tournament who thought Shelton was crazy, doubt they feel that way today. I doubt McCartha really cares what your opinion of him is as I'm sure you don't care what his opinion of you is.

Even though I don't know you, I personally hope your son has great success in soccer, but not all parents have the funds to play big time travel sports and have to make some difficult decisions.

I will make one more statement then step away from this conversation. It is my personal opinion that way too much pressure can be placed on young men and women playing sports these day. Youth, middle school and high school sports can and is a wonderful tool to teach young minds about success, disappointment, teamwork, time management and commitment. I do not feel ever kid deserves a participation trophy. There are winners and losers in sports as well as life. Sometimes a young mind can learn more from defeat than winning.

Good luck to you survivor as well as your family.

Go Mountaineers.

Where’s ESODcards?! Had it locked up this year and has it locked up next year. Let’s here it cards!

Come on guys, give ESODcards a break. I’m sure he will be on here soon. He is just a very busy guy. Here is just a partial list of some of the things he has to do:

Cancel victory parade.
Get ring deposit back.
Alter his new tattoo that says”East Surry 2019 State Champs”
And finally cancel the permits and heavy equipment that he had planned to use to create a100 foot replica of the state championship trophy in the side of Pilot mountain.

Anyone know of any more?

People lose there minds if the east wins.. that's crazy . we shouldn't event participate just let the western part of the state play lol

People lose there minds if the east wins.. that's crazy . we shouldn't event participate just let the western part of the state play lol
Ya it looks that way ,but most of the we should have won is coming from 1a .I understand where there coming from I've been there but,I do wish Pamlico would get the credit they do deserve for winning a state title.I for one appreciate the good job Pamlico did and it should not be diminished...

Reactions: wncbowhunter
I normally do pull for the west, but for this year, I had and have no problem with Pamlico winning, I have my reason and they are mine and mine alone. On that note congrats again to Heritage. As far as transfers go, yes I am glad that the girls from avery are at Mitchell but you know Mitchell fans could be complaining about Tipton at Heritage as she grew up and still lives in Mitchell county. BUT I have not heard anyone complaining. Mitchell with Tipton this season as you said with Avery would have had a better chance at a title. (You did know that Tipton was from Mitchell correct? Not sure being you are complaining about kids switching schools) I understand that situations arise and decisions are made. I will not set back and complain about things I have no control over. And please you have NO idea what I know or how I feel. Do you not think for 1 minute that the Mitchell girls didn't feel bad when a last second shot rimmed out in OT that would have sent Avery home in round 2. Yeah, I would say they were heartbroken as well. You know what it didn't go in and obviously you were happy about that. Or how Mitchell felt last season with a team of seniors like avery this season. Before the year started and even as the playoffs got underway, I felt that avery or Mitchell had the opportunity to play deep into the playoffs maybe even for a title. I hate that it didn't happen for either team. As you have stated the west is loaded. As I stated earlier about Palmico this year, the 2003 Mitchell girls beat those teams they had to beat to win a TITLE, just as your young men did this season to win their individual wrestling TITLES. Congrats to those young me.

I guess we all have different opinions of coaches as well. Sometimes coaching goes beyond what happens on the court or the field. Most everyone at some point questions a coaches decision. Heck, I sat with some Heritage fans during the conference tournament who thought Shelton was crazy, doubt they feel that way today. I doubt McCartha really cares what your opinion of him is as I'm sure you don't care what his opinion of you is.

Even though I don't know you, I personally hope your son has great success in soccer, but not all parents have the funds to play big time travel sports and have to make some difficult decisions.

I will make one more statement then step away from this conversation. It is my personal opinion that way too much pressure can be placed on young men and women playing sports these day. Youth, middle school and high school sports can and is a wonderful tool to teach young minds about success, disappointment, teamwork, time management and commitment. I do not feel ever kid deserves a participation trophy. There are winners and losers in sports as well as life. Sometimes a young mind can learn more from defeat than winning.

Good luck to you survivor as well as your family.

Go Mountaineers.
First of all, a parent of a player that has no potential should not affect kids that want to be great and have the drive and determination to get better. The 3 sports star days are diminishing. A lot of kids nowadays especially girls are focusing on the sport they love and have the most potential .Second, I am pretty sure Tipton has played with the mh girls all her life. It does not matter where you live, it matters who you grew up playing with. These kids have no control where they live, they are not adults. The fact of the matter is these 3 Avery girls on your team grew up in the Avery system. I know one of them was forced to go to Mitchell, and did not want to go. You should never gotten those girls anyway. Avery beats you by 30 plus with them. The fact of the matter is they were Avery girls, and we would have been 9 or 10 deep, which is monumental in 1a. And mh would have been only team that could have beat Avery. Mitchell got free players that were not theirs, and Avery and mh invested the time and effort it took to make these kids better. Not Mitchell co. I know a heke of a lot more than you do, when you lose those high quality athletes in the 1a division, it is not the same as 3a and 4a. You don't have as many athletes to choose from. Mitchell did not suffer heartbreak, they would have not even been on the court in the playoffs. Those Avery players abandoned their school, and I rest assure you, it will never be forgiven or forgotten around these parts.

First of all, a parent of a player that has no potential should not affect kids that want to be great and have the drive and determination to get better. The 3 sports star days are diminishing. A lot of kids nowadays especially girls are focusing on the sport they love and have the most potential .Second, I am pretty sure Tipton has played with the mh girls all her life. It does not matter where you live, it matters who you grew up playing with. These kids have no control where they live, they are not adults. The fact of the matter is these 3 Avery girls on your team grew up in the Avery system. I know one of them was forced to go to Mitchell, and did not want to go. You should never gotten those girls anyway. Avery beats you by 30 plus with them. The fact of the matter is they were Avery girls, and we would have been 9 or 10 deep, which is monumental in 1a. And mh would have been only team that could have beat Avery. Mitchell got free players that were not theirs, and Avery and mh invested the time and effort it took to make these kids better. Not Mitchell co. I know a heke of a lot more than you do, when you lose those high quality athletes in the 1a division, it is not the same as 3a and 4a. You don't have as many athletes to choose from. Mitchell did not suffer heartbreak, they would have not even been on the court in the playoffs. Those Avery players abandoned their school, and I rest assure you, it will never be forgiven or forgotten around these parts.
It took a state title from this town. It is ok, as long as Mitchell don't either. Then you will truly know what heartbreak really is!!

I can assure you Tipton played on the Mitchell travel ball team and played for Bowman. In Fact they beat your Beloved avery team for the conference championship while she was at Bowman. She moved to Easy Yancey her 8th grade season, when her dad took a job in Yancey Co.

Apologies to the Pamlico fans for responding again. Just getting some facts out there.

Congrats to Pamlico the 2019 State 1A CHAMPS.

Last edited:
Reactions: WHChoops
I can assure you Tipton played on the Mitchell travel ball team and played for Bowman. In Fact they beat your Beloved avery team for the conference championship while she was at Bowman. She moved to Heritage her freshman season, same as Johnson did to come to Mitchell.

Apologies to the Pamlico fans for responding again. Just getting some facts out there.

You go right ahead Hunter....

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Come on guys, give ESODcards a break. I’m sure he will be on here soon. He is just a very busy guy. Here is just a partial list of some of the things he has to do:

Cancel victory parade.
Get ring deposit back.
Alter his new tattoo that says”East Surry 2019 State Champs”
And finally cancel the permits and heavy equipment that he had planned to use to create a100 foot replica of the state championship trophy in the side of Pilot mountain.

Anyone know of any more?
Finishing up his trip to Disney World
Paying the film crew for his “ Cardinals 2019 State Champs” documentary
Sitting on the couch eating pizza and ice cream like Ben Stiller in “ Dodgeball “.

Reactions: recycled2
It took a state title from this town. It is ok, as long as Mitchell don't either. Then you will truly know what heartbreak really is!!

Survivor, I hate to respond to this but I cannot stand it anymore.
1) cost you a state title? Chances are probably not. The addition of other players would change team chemistry and possibly create jealous as playing time changes. Games would of unfolded differently and the chances of injury would change. Maybe you would of won be it is far from a sure thing.

2) other schools have players that played in their “system” and went elsewhere. For example, Hayesville and Hiwassee Dam both had kids (one SMC poy) that went to Murphy. I don’t see them crying oh woe is me.

3) Are you wanting to tattoo all your younger players with”Property of Avery Co. Basketball “?

4) Your upset because parents do what they think is best for their children? Really? Get a grip.

Everybody has what if’s. Get over it and move on.

Are u nuts! “A few bad Apples spoils the whole bunch”!! They’re 11 yrs old!! And maybe those parents can’t take their kid to Asheville!! “ do what’s best for the kids in the long run not your your selfish selves”( whatever that means)! And you’re complaining about parents taking their kids to Mitchell instead of Avery( and I might can see why). “ get on board or get out”, do you ever read your own posts?!

Reactions: therealsquid
Survivor, I hate to respond to this but I cannot stand it anymore.
1) cost you a state title? Chances are probably not. The addition of other players would change team chemistry and possibly create jealous as playing time changes. Games would of unfolded differently and the chances of injury would change. Maybe you would of won be it is far from a sure thing.

2) other schools have players that played in their “system” and went elsewhere. For example, Hayesville and Hiwassee Dam both had kids (one SMC poy) that went to Murphy. I don’t see them crying oh woe is me.

3) Are you wanting to tattoo all your younger players with”Property of Avery Co. Basketball “?

4) Your upset because parents do what they think is best for their children? Really? Get a grip.

Everybody has what if’s. Get over it and move on.
If parents were doing what's good for there kids they would have sent them to Mt Heritage...

I can assure you Tipton played on the Mitchell travel ball team and played for Bowman. In Fact they beat your Beloved avery team for the conference championship while she was at Bowman. She moved to Easy Yancey her 8th grade season, when her dad took a job in Yancey Co.

So you're telling me the 3 girls from Avery live in Mitchell co.

If parents were doing what's good for there kids they would have sent them to Mt Heritage...
I can rest assure you jealousy would not have been a problem. Just to be in a game in the 4th, and not be dead tired. Didn't seem to be a problem in travel ball when the Pittman sisters played. The starters got to rest and they put games away. And I rest assure you they would have won title easily.

I can rest assure you jealousy would not have been a problem. Just to be in a game in the 4th, and not be dead tired. Didn't seem to be a problem in travel ball when the Pittman sisters played. The starters got to rest and they put games away. And I rest assure you they would have won title easily.
Or Avery. Mitchell ain't winning no state title. Those Avery girls that transferred had their chance, now they will be empty handed just like my beloved Avery girls were this year. Win win either way

Are u nuts! “A few bad Apples spoils the whole bunch”!! They’re 11 yrs old!! And maybe those parents can’t take their kid to Asheville!! “ do what’s best for the kids in the long run not your your selfish selves”( whatever that means)! And you’re complaining about parents taking their kids to Mitchell instead of Avery( and I might can see why). “ get on board or get out”, do you ever read your own posts?!
Yea it's my son. He wants to play better competition. Why should he not be able to go to Asheville and play soccer. Better competition makes you better when you are older. Travel ball makes you better than rec ball.

Ok survivor it’s “ rest assured” or “ I can assure you”. Not “ I can rest assure” ! “You ‘re killing me smalls”!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT