ADVERTISEMENT

1A Pamlico is STATE CHAMPS BABY

ciaascout

Oct 28, 2003
I said it from day 1 that Pamlico was on a mission and this wasn't like the last three years. I don't care about history and the past it's about what have you done NOW. Today our girls ball there hearts out. Yea it took three trips to do it but we are finally champs GO PAMLICO

And Jainaya Jones. is a beast and was the best player on the court.

Pamlico County Hurricanes downed the East Surry Cardinals 62-55 behind a 39-point performance from senior point guard Jainaya Jones.

Congrats on a great win from a old coastal plain member. A great team and the best 1-A player in the state.

Great effort by Pamlico and Jones in particular, very deserving of the win. The lady Canes closed out the game the way I wish Murphy had against East, they kept attacking and doing the things that got them there instead of trying to kill the clock and playing not to lose. Congrats again

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Great effort by Pamlico and Jones in particular, very deserving of the win. The lady Canes closed out the game the way I wish Murphy had against East, they kept attacking and doing the things that got them there instead of trying to kill the clock and playing not to lose. Congrats again
Could not say it any better.

Survivor you're a real classless PIECE!
Ok let me break it down for you. No way you can beat a 10th ranked team, a 6 ranked team, a 4th ranked team, and a 1st ranked team to get to state. Es played the 3rd ranked, 7th ranked team, and 4th ranked team to get to state. These are 1 and 2 seeds in the west not 9 and 10 seeds. And you want me to have class? I've never seen so much dominance on one side of the state in my lifetime!! And you want my respect cause you beat one of them that some people still don't is the best team in the west. A lot more deserving teams that should have got to play in that game at least once. We knocked out team that destroyed you twice, and they may not be as good, but I still think if they came to play they could beat you. Like I said you should get a ring for winning the west. And you think you are great cause you beat one of them. Try having to beat 3 or 4 highly ranked teams just to get in that game. And you would wax the floor with western teams, give me whatever you are smoking or drinking.

Ok let me break it down for you. No way you can beat a 10th ranked team, a 6 ranked team, a 4th ranked team, and a 1st ranked team to get to state. Es played the 3rd ranked, 7th ranked team, and 4th ranked team to get to state. These are 1 and 2 seeds in the west not 9 and 10 seeds. And you want me to have class? I've never seen so much dominance on one side of the state in my lifetime!! And you want my respect cause you beat one of them that some people still don't is the best team in the west. A lot more deserving teams that should have got to play in that game at least once. We knocked out team that destroyed you twice, and they may not be as good, but I still think if they came to play they could beat you. Like I said you should get a ring for winning the west. And you think you are great cause you beat one of them. Try having to beat 3 or 4 highly ranked teams just to get in that game. And you would wax the floor with western teams, give me whatever you are smoking or drinking.
They put bishop and other western teams in the east bracket. Bishop lost by 2 to the 3 seed Washington county. And Weldon an undefeated team was a 6 seed and lost to a team you destroyed in eastern final. Which makes me wander how weak the east really is!!

Congrats to Pamlico on the win. Tough luck for ES - several things didn’t go their way today, but you have to give a ton of credit to Pamlico on their win. They doubled Sutphin at every turn and #3 was lights out! After back to back losses, I think their deeper experience helped them fight back in the 4th qtr. Congrats again Pamlico!

They put bishop and other western teams in the east bracket. Bishop lost by 2 to the 3 seed Washington county. And Weldon an undefeated team was a 6 seed and lost to a team you destroyed in eastern final. Which makes me wander how weak the east really is!!
As an ES fan who went to the game, I'm just glad there's not a lot of talk about the refs, because I saw two teams beat the crap out of each other physically all day long. The difference was that Pamlico was quicker, faster, and more aggressive. As much as I hate to say it, Pamlico deserved to win. I'm just glad East has no seniors, so as they say, wait til next year.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
Congrats to Pamlico on the win. Tough luck for ES - several things didn’t go their way today, but you have to give a ton of credit to Pamlico on their win. They doubled Sutphin at every turn and #3 was lights out! After back to back losses, I think their deeper experience helped them fight back in the 4th qtr. Congrats again Pamlico!
You just made a valid point. If you tried to double team anybody on avery, Murphy, or Cherokee. The other 4 would eat you for breakfast. They are complete teams and any given 5 can beat you on any given night. I have seen it all year. It could be 2 different players kill you on two different nights.

You just made a valid point. If you tried to double team anybody on avery, Murphy, or Cherokee. The other 4 would eat you for breakfast. They are complete teams and any given 5 can beat you on any given night. I have seen it all year. It could be 2 different players kill you on two different nights.
The thing about sutphin is if she's on fire, she can carry a team by herself.

As an ES fan who went to the game, I'm just glad there's not a lot of talk about the refs, because I saw two teams beat the crap out of each other physically all day long. The difference was that Pamlico was quicker, faster, and more aggressive. As much as I hate to say it, Pamlico deserved to win. I'm just glad East has no seniors, so as they say, wait til next year.
Yea they beat one good team. Could they have beat 3 or 4 highly ranked teams to get to championship? No way!!

Even in ncaa you don't play but 2 teams ranked that high to get to championship. Elite 8 and final4.
Put final 8 in state tournament like it should be, and it will be two west teams in final period. I'm not saying pamlico would not be good in west, but not good enough to go to 3 consecutive title games. Maybe regional final, but that's it.

Put final 8 in state tournament like it should be, and it will be two west teams in final period. I'm not saying pamlico would not be good in west, but not good enough to go to 3 consecutive title games. Maybe regional final, but that's it.
As far as the other cupcakes in east, no chance. East carteret, washington, Weldon 3rd round tops.

Put final 8 in state tournament like it should be, and it will be two west teams in final period.

Brought this up with a few coaches and administrators today. Not a chance it will happen and I agree. I do think there could be some discussion if they did a final four playing Friday and Saturday but that did not get much positive review either. I was told by one AD that its about academics, participation, and inclusion. The exact reasons they were against the semis at the regional final site is why this would be an issue.

I do think a Friday and Saturday with a Final Four would bring a lot of interest. I can assure you when Murphy and another far west team meet or even Mt. Heritage and East Surry meet in the state final in Raleigh there will be complaints for multiple reasons.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
Survivor, and all others, what do you think about subdivided playoffs for basketball and all other team sports? I am not for it although 1A needs changes!

Survivor, and all others, what do you think about subdivided playoffs for basketball and all other team sports? I am not for it although 1A needs changes!
Absolutely not, still think 8 is too many for football.

Reactions: btango
The fact is the 2019 NC STATE 1A Banner will hang in the PAMLICO COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL GYM, not East Surry, Cherokee, Mt Airy or any other west team! Congrats for being runner up better luck next year!

Reactions: Wildcat10fan

High School rankings in NC are a crap shoot at best.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Where’s ESODcards?! Had it locked up this year and has it locked up next year. Let’s here it cards!
He will return next year around football season with his wild accusations. That is twice this school tear that his precious Cardinals let him down.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Possibly the worst officiating game ever in the state championships. Pamlico had a good group of girls but probably wouldn't have won if the officiating crew from the 3a boys game were calling it. It was like watching rec ball refs vs college refs

Congratulations Pamlico County State Champions !!
Enjoy every moment. Don’t pay attention to the ones saying if or whatever. You are the State Champions !!
The cupcake champions lol. No the rankings are what they are. You play the best you are at the top. Yea you got the banner cause you are from the easy side of the state. Mountain heritage on the other hand, that made me feel better about the two close losses. They took on Asheville, Avery, east Burke. Darn good ball teams. That's how you get respect. You don't get respect by beating cherryville and Lincoln charter like caliber teams along the way. They are a true team that played tough teams, and took em down

Lol teams dont get to pick and choose who you play in the playoffs.....no dog in this fight but watched the game on TV and Pamlico definitely deserved it the Jones girl was amazing reminded me alil of Mikayla Boykin from our state title team a few seasons ago....Congrats on the State Championship looked like it means alot to that team and community very emotionally you could tell......its very disrespectful how some on these threads are trying to take away from it....very classless indeed...ignore it....enjoy the victory yall earned it

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT