ADVERTISEMENT

1A Pamlico is back

Possibly the worst officiating for a state championship game ever. It was clear from the first foul how this game would progress. Pamlico had a good team but probably wouldn't have won had the game had the 3a boys crew officiating. It was like watching rec ball refs vs college level refs.

Possibly the worst officiating for a state championship game ever. It was clear from the first foul how this game would progress. Pamlico had a good team but probably wouldn't have won had the game had the 3a boys crew officiating. It was like watching rec ball refs vs college level refs.

Geez...............

I agree that the officiating was horrible (especially from the tallest official). I hope the State reviews the tape and prevents him from reffing such important games in the future. I’d also love to see the tape on the 3 pointer by Pamlico at the end of the 3rd qtr. It looked like she released after the red light/horn went off and shouldn’t have been good. All that being said, don’t take anything away from the Pamlico girls (and I’m a NW1A biased guy). They had a great plan to limit Sutphin and #3 was lights out! ES also missed several open looks, which would have changed the outcome. Bottom line, they beat ES and are a deserving champion.

Yes Pamlico girls were good but without some of the fouls they wouldn't have won. #3 shouldn't have been shooting 15 plus free throws. They did have a plan for Sutphin though and it obviously worked.

Great first post! That’s the way to come strong.

Reactions: EyeOfTheStormCanes
Remember Hoops: East teams are trash...officiating shouldn't matter.

I agree that the officiating was horrible (especially from the tallest official). I hope the State reviews the tape and prevents him from reffing such important games in the future. I’d also love to see the tape on the 3 pointer by Pamlico at the end of the 3rd qtr. It looked like she released after the red light/horn went off and shouldn’t have been good. All that being said, don’t take anything away from the Pamlico girls (and I’m a NW1A biased guy). They had a great plan to limit Sutphin and #3 was lights out! ES also missed several open looks, which would have changed the outcome. Bottom line, they beat ES and are a deserving champion.
Sounds like they got a lot of breaks just to win this game. No way they beat 3 or 4 of the same caliber teams in a row.

I found out Pamlico could indeed win a state championship today. They most certainly belonged on the court. They played a helluva game and were well deserving of the win. Kudos to their program.
Sounds like they brought the refs with them as well. Now I know for darn sure they don't make it out of west. The refs felt sorry for them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT