ADVERTISEMENT

1A Pamlico is back

Dec 4, 2011
I told yall from he start would be back. 3 in a row its our time. I know mostly everyone from the western part of the start but let chat about it. lets go pamlico!

I told yall from he start would be back. 3 in a row its our time. I know mostly everyone from the western part of the start but let chat about it. lets go pamlico!
Back for their 3rd straight runner up trophy, because if the team that played MA last year shows up it will be another blowout.

Reactions: Champ_24
If you played in the west last 3 years you would have never made it to one state championship game. We sit on here and carry on bout who can beat who and who's better than who cause there are 3 or 4 deserving teams that never got that opportunity over these last 3 years. Lot of heartbreak. You beat everybody by 20 or 30 in the east, then you go to state and get beat by 20 or 30. You want get my respect unless you start winning these games. I don't see it happening this year or next year.

If you played in the west last 3 years you would have never made it to one state championship game. We sit on here and carry on bout who can beat who and who's better than who cause there are 3 or 4 deserving teams that never got that opportunity over these last 3 years. Lot of heartbreak. You beat everybody by 20 or 30 in the east, then you go to state and get beat by 20 or 30. You want get my respect unless you start winning these games. I don't see it happening this year or next year.
The only way to eliminate this problem is have like an 8 team state tournament like they do in Tennessee. Basically after sectionals, they have a double elimination tournament with final 8 teams. That way it's not east vs west. The final 2 teams remaining play for the title whether they are both from the west east or different locations.

The only way to eliminate this problem is have like an 8 team state tournament like they do in Tennessee. Basically after sectionals, they have a double elimination tournament with final 8 teams. That way it's not east vs west. The final 2 teams remaining play for the title whether they are both from the west east or different locations.
That makes a better state championship game. The best two teams play for the title. I looked at the girls scores in those games yesterday, and they were all good championship games because both teams were evenly matched.

From the posts here looks like Plamico has there work cut out for them at least you gals know what your up against I'm a Mt Heritage fan and I cant find any solid information about Farmville even Max Preps dont have all the team stats or complete box scores I see this out of some schools and I can't figure out if nobody will put in the information or the school don't want it there same way with videos some really good teams don't post any on Max Preps looks like you would want to promote your athletes

From the posts here looks like Plamico has there work cut out for them at least you gals know what your up against I'm a Mt Heritage fan and I cant find any solid information about Farmville even Max Preps dont have all the team stats or complete box scores I see this out of some schools and I can't figure out if nobody will put in the information or the school don't want it there same way with videos some really good teams don't post any on Max Preps looks like you would want to promote your athletes
If Hannah Tipton scores 20 or more, I think you win it all. She's the best point guard I have seen in a long time. And we had an 8.5 SOS, so I have seen some good ones.

If Hannah Tipton scores 20 or more, I think you win it all. She's the best point guard I have seen in a long time. And we had an 8.5 SOS, so I have seen some good ones.
That makes a lot of sense . Tipiton is a great all around player she averages about 7 assist and 7 rebounds a game I had to look twice when I seen that stat our girls have really been battle tested Avery and MITCHELL had really good teams and we could have easily lost to both especially Avery I was thinking AVERY might win 1a but that west bracket was torture

That makes a lot of sense . Tipiton is a great all around player she averages about 7 assist and 7 rebounds a game I had to look twice when I seen that stat our girls have really been battle tested Avery and MITCHELL had really good teams and we could have easily lost to both especially Avery I was thinking AVERY might win 1a but that west bracket was torture
That is an understatement my friend. Darn near impossible to get through. That's why I have been arguing for a state tournament. Get rid of the weak east teams, and let the powerhouse west teams battle it out for the title.

That is an understatement my friend. Darn near impossible to get through. That's why I have been arguing for a state tournament. Get rid of the weak east teams, and let the powerhouse west teams battle it out for the title.
They do in the western bracket like I said before why does it matter when you face them you still have to play them and win to get the title

They do in the western bracket like I said before why does it matter when you face them you still have to play them and win to get the title
I have been doing some thinking. And you are right, Avery just didn't get the job done plain and simple. They had home court advantage, biggest crowd I had ever seen for a girls game. They didn't capitalize on their momentum going into overtime, and I have to live with that and move on.

NC did the eight team tournament at various sites. through 1980 (edited from 1979) and then went to the regional format. ***See post in VENUES that gives more details about sites.

I participated in both the regional and Final 8 formats. The current format seems to be what the schools prefer. They did not like going to a set site for the regional semifinal. Instead of a Final 8 the best option may be to do what is in place now through the semifinal and the do a Final 4. Two west and two east. Top seed west plays lower seed east on Thursday or Friday preferably Friday. Title game on Saturday. Players will miss up to two days of class and many students will only attend one game.

There are so many moving parts to this that no option is perfect. For any plan there will be one year that something else would have worked better. I do think the Final 4 option is good but remember there will be 16 semifinal games to be played Thursday and / or Friday. Schools will be spending a night and some two or three. Cost is a factor. If Duke would get on board it would allow Cameron, Reynolds, Carmichael, and the Dean Dome. Two games at each Thursday and Friday or do all days on Friday. Finals on Saturday in two arenas.

Last edited:
Reactions: bulldog nation2014
Heck Duke isn't big enough to hold a good high school championship game.

That would be great to watch as well!!!

Yall western part of the state fans kill me. yall act like yall are so much party then anyone else Like why even play yall becasue yall the one ones that can play. This saturday pamlico is out to prove that we pretty dam good. We may not have a state titles but as you see we are in it year in and year out in sports. it's no fluke

Yall western part of the state fans kill me. yall act like yall are so much party then anyone else Like why even play yall becasue yall the one ones that can play. This saturday pamlico is out to prove that we pretty dam good. We may not have a state titles but as you see we are in it year in and year out in sports. it's no fluke
You right is is no fluke, you are head and shoulders above all the teams in the east... which are trash. Wouldn’t even make it out of the 3rd round in the west.

You right is is no fluke, you are head and shoulders above all the teams in the east... which are trash. Wouldn’t even make it out of the 3rd round in the west.
of course you speak so highly of the west like yall the only ones that can ball.

Pretty darn good in the east!! Not only has the west won over and over. The same conference has won over and over.

I find it a bit disheartening that the chest pumping is based largely on Bishop and a bit WS Prep. Carry on...
Ok well you have had the Murphy's, avery's, cherokee's as well. It ain't been about which western team will get to state!! It is which western team will win state!! You put any and I mean any of the those top teams in the east bracket, they are playing es on Saturday. For example, bishop lost twice to ma this year. The 3 seed barely beat them, and ma got beat in 3rd round in west. No comparison whatsoever!!

I find it a bit disheartening that the chest pumping is based largely on Bishop and a bit WS Prep. Carry on...
There are at least 4 teams in the west that don’t play in the state title that would if they went through the eastern bracket. Not just prep and bishop

The 1A west champ has won 31 of the last 33. That goes back to way before WS Prep and Bishop were on the scene.

I have attended all but three of the state title weekends over the last thirty years. I will admit I do not make 1A girls my priority but I am well aware of the dominance. Regardless, the chest besting includes bragging on what everyone posting has complained about. Period.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I have attended all but three of the state title weekends over the last thirty years. I will admit I do not make 1A girls my priority but I am well aware of the dominance. Regardless, the chest besting includes bragging on what everyone posting has complained about. Period.
It appears that way because those are the teams that won but when there are 3-4 public schools in the west that are far better than the east every year it’s justified.

I understand completely where the irony comes from in this. Of course one could fairly argue that had Bishop and Prep not been around (with their controversial drawing advantages), the West still would have won most (if not all) of the state titles anyway. Many of those years the toughest games for the eventual champions were in the 4th Rd or Western Finals, not the State Finals.

I understand completely where the irony comes from in this. Of course one could fairly argue that had Bishop and Prep not been around (with their controversial drawing advantages), the West still would have won most (if not all) of the state titles anyway. Many of those years the toughest games for the eventual champions were in the 4th Rd or Western Finals, not the State Finals.

Before the rise of bishop/prep the 1A girls was pretty much dominated by the west..

Go figure lol!!

She’s a pretty good player. Pamlico May lose, but Jones is the best player on court.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT