ADVERTISEMENT

Page Pirates at East Forsyth

ForsythFootball

Nov 23, 2014
Lexington
Thoughts, predictions?

This game will no doubt be the battle of East Forsyty Defense vs the Page Offense.

The Page defense allowed HIgh point Central to score 27 points ( 2nd Highest points scored by them) not to mention west Forsyth held HPC to 13 points. The page Defense also Allowed Reagan to score 50 points (2nd most of ttheir season).

Not trying to bash the pirate defense just out of the areas of the game. The page defense seems to be the weak link.

It may not matter because the Page offense makes up for it scoring more than 50 points almost every game. I think the Page offense may get shut down by the Eagle Defense led by Madison Cone and multiple other players with multiple ACC offers and looks.

Over all I think it will be a high scoring game but the Eagles will come out on top.

I was going with Page on this one. I am now clueless, after watching Page give up 50 against Reagan. That's a lot of points. What happens when someone stops your offense? Game Over.

East Forsyth's defense has had major issues this year as well. This game might very well come down to who hits 60 first. I don't have a good guess as to who that will be, but I do hope the scoreboard people have extra light bulbs on hand for Friday's game. We'll also get to see if the city has been paying their electric bill or not, because the scoreboard is going to look like a landing strip beacon for this one.

I had seen Page and EF. I saw EF/Reagan game. Reagan will score on anyone in triad. Their offense is fun to watch. EF did make adjustment during halftime and held Reagan to 7 points in 2nd half. That tells me EF defense would do better than Page since Page gave up a lot in 2nd half to Reagan. Now the key is two things for the outcome. Which team will make more stops and the match up between Page/ EF. I believe EF will come out ahead and another thing is EF had done well playing at home. I doubt that Page will score 60 on EF but strange things had happen on Friday night in the past.

Lowest output Reagan did this year was against EF. One thing for sure, it will be a great game to watch and it will be packed. Triad football needs this for sure.

The weather favors East Forsyth's powerful running game! Page had to throw 6 TD's to beat Reagan. That won't work tonight considering DB Madison Cone(Va Tech) and the weather will screw up a passing team. I like East Forsyth

MUCH lower scoring that what it looked like it would be on paper. Funny how that stuff works sometimes.

I am sure rain has a lot to do with it but I know that is a great game to watch. I wish I went to the game. I kinda figure EF will hold Page lower than they usually score. EF defense is pretty good and what I heard, EF has two interceptions in 2nd half that I know of. The last one at one yard line and earlier was by Madison Cone which I believe is going to VT.

The ground is wet for sure and the ball gets wet! I know for sure the team that has a lot of speed get negated due to really wet field. I seen it a lot of times. Glad the game was superb for the fans though!

Field was in great shape. Neither team had any speed that was negated. If there was a weather related issue to the game it was the wind. Very windy at times.

What an amazing game. Both teams left it all out there. I would love to see a replay of Overton's touchdown that was ruled out of bounds. Wouldn't mind seeing a rematch not one bit.

Glad that the game was played and it was great for Triad. It is good for both teams to play each other and it is a solid rivalry game ( not like Page/Grimsley game back in late 80's and 90's) Kirby team was very well coached and EF had a tough time beating them back then. I remember well when Witherspoon ran for like 70 yds for the first play (after kickoff) of the game at Page. I knew right then EF was for real and they did win the State that year. EF was running Wing-T that year and it was a beauty. They had huge line and ran the ball at will. Joe LaGarde was tailor made for that offense.

Anyway back to present, both teams will do very well this year and that is a mighty good thing to see. I hope the weather is much better when Page visit Dudley in about a month from now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT