ADVERTISEMENT

Owen Warhorses

owen98

Jul 20, 2006
From what I saw last night Owen is just too young and too small at the present time. They were bullied by a bigger older team last night. Owen dressed 24 last night 2 seniors and 6 Juniors and 16 underclassmen. Enka had 40 dressed most of which were upperclassmen. I think Enka is pretty solid but not sure how good they are. Our JV played pretty solid on Thursday. A couple of costly turnovers and lack of depth hurt them. With that said if they stick together I believe they will improve on both teams and win a few games. Next year I can see a pretty good jump then the year after they will be very good. Also our middle school has in the mid 20’s with what I’ve heard has some solid talent. It’s going to take a couple years but I believe Owen can again be competitive. It’s gonna take the kids buying in and sticking around. It’s also going to take the coach sticking around. I think he can be the right guy to turn it around. Time will tell. We have to stay healthy or we will suffer through a disappointing season but if we do I think we can win 3-5 games. They have to pick up a couple the next couple weeks though. It would have helped this year if we didn’t have a very good player transfer to ACR and 2 decide to just not play. They would have all been upperclassmen and helped significantly. With low numbers that is very rough. It’s hard to work so hard for kids and lose but stay the course young Warhorses and you will learn a lot about yourself and it will pay off not only on the field but in life. Go Owen! Stack your chips! The community is behind you!

Hope you’re right. We would like to have some competition coming out of Black Mountain in the near future. However, after seeing the last couple years I think you’ve lost your marbles. Owen is the worst team in the conference this year and next. Hopefully in the next 5-10 years they can get back to some kind of success. Good luck!

Reactions: Bill28714
Can't say the coaching hire inspires any confidence. RS looked 10 times better without him last night.

Can't say the coaching hire inspires any confidence. RS looked 10 times better without him last night.
I get what you are saying. I’m just not sure he had the jimmys and joes there. He did an interview this summer and spoke about what they had coming and in that interview he said RS would be much improved. It takes a few years to build a program. Doesn’t happen over night. Look how many years it took Joey Robinson to build Heritage. Had he moved on after the first several years you could say the same thing about him

Hope you’re right. We would like to have some competition coming out of Black Mountain in the near future. However, after seeing the last couple years I think you’ve lost your marbles. Owen is the worst team in the conference this year and next. Hopefully in the next 5-10 years they can get back to some kind of success. Good luck!
I don’t think we will finish last in the conference. We do essentially have a JV team playing Varsity. We are playing a traditional JV and middle school schedule last year and this year and I think it will help us too

Reactions: HerritageCat13
I hope all of our WHC teams win each week. Our success depends on their success as tough games will make us stronger. Enka lost some significant skills players from last year and still took Owen down with ease. I hoped the new coach would get them back together, and maybe he will. It just won’t be this season. Owen should concentrate on beating Rosmsn and Madison so they can go to the playoffs through the back door. It can happen but it won’t be easy.

Reactions: HerritageCat13
I hope all of our WHC teams win each week. Our success depends on their success as tough games will make us stronger. Enka lost some significant skills players from last year and still took Owen down with ease. I hoped the new coach would get them back together, and maybe he will. It just won’t be this season. Owen should concentrate on beating Rosmsn and Madison so they can go to the playoffs through the back door. It can happen but it won’t be easy.
Very good perspective!

Reactions: Bill28714
From what I saw last night Owen is just too young and too small at the present time. They were bullied by a bigger older team last night. Owen dressed 24 last night 2 seniors and 6 Juniors and 16 underclassmen. Enka had 40 dressed most of which were upperclassmen. I think Enka is pretty solid but not sure how good they are. Our JV played pretty solid on Thursday. A couple of costly turnovers and lack of depth hurt them. With that said if they stick together I believe they will improve on both teams and win a few games. Next year I can see a pretty good jump then the year after they will be very good. Also our middle school has in the mid 20’s with what I’ve heard has some solid talent. It’s going to take a couple years but I believe Owen can again be competitive. It’s gonna take the kids buying in and sticking around. It’s also going to take the coach sticking around. I think he can be the right guy to turn it around. Time will tell. We have to stay healthy or we will suffer through a disappointing season but if we do I think we can win 3-5 games. They have to pick up a couple the next couple weeks though. It would have helped this year if we didn’t have a very good player transfer to ACR and 2 decide to just not play. They would have all been upperclassmen and helped significantly. With low numbers that is very rough. It’s hard to work so hard for kids and lose but stay the course young Warhorses and you will learn a lot about yourself and it will pay off not only on the field but in life. Go Owen! Stack your chips! The community is behind you!
Hi I'm new here and created an account to share some info I may know. My son is on the varsity roster. I have been watching the film of the game against Enka and it's driving me insane to be honest. I came into this season excited for the new coach. I initially thought he was a good coach,maybe he still is, but after watching the film on Hudl I'm not impressed. The defense is basically playing a 3-4 with one defensive tackle and two defensive ends. Well the DT was getting driven back to the safety position every run play. It's not the kids fault because he's only 5'9 135lbs. Meanwhile, there is a kid on the bench that is 6'0 250 and a freshman. I'm just saying common sense tells you not to put someone that small at nose tackle. This coach is supposed to have college experience where do he learn to put someone that small at DT? I hope they have a great season and hope they win though.

Who transferred to ACR? I haven’t heard about that. I heard we had a transfer from Brevard and Asheville and that was all. We lost a good one to Christ School and one to Providence Day.

That's a little harsh.
Not really. He has done this since 2002-2003 with himself and every kid he had. Son with basketball daughter with softball son with football. Himself with football. Go somewhere and get some grit and work. He has taught all of his kids when it gets hard or you get upset just leave. That is no way to live. It makes weak people

Well the youth league is horrible here so I don't blame him. Why not go somewhere where they teach the kids from a young age how to play actual football without teaching them to hit after the play and that holding is okay? How about tonight when they taught them how to illegally dive into the offensive line. Why not go to a place where they have a coach that's been there for a long time and actually teaches them the the basics of how to get off a block and how to tackle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT