ADVERTISEMENT

Owen vs. Salisbury

We had 2 kick returns and 1 int return plus another int returned inside the 10 plus another kick return inside the 15. We only had about 500 yds of O.

Ok Warhorses keep it up and bring a title to the WHC conference. Turn Jager loose. I remember when Jager was a sophomore and they threw the ball to him several times and well as they say " the rest is history ". Pulling for you guys!!!!!!!

Don't let Salisbury's record fool you. They started out slow but got some players healthy around midseason & they can burn you.

Originally posted by SIHS1984:

Don't let Salisbury's record fool you. They started out slow but got some players healthy around midseason & they can burn you.
My Bears have played Salisbury twice and are 1-1 against them.Go Warhorses

I know nothing about Owen. What I do know is that Salisbury, like my Thomasville Bulldogs, is a weak team in a weak league.

Well for some Intel Mr Thomas ville our Qb is 59-103 1297 yds 16 TDs and 6 ints, our featured back has 2391 on 238 carries and our fb has about 800 yds. We average 47 points per game and give up 20 per game. If we play ball I believe we will be ok. We have to protect the ball which we have most of the year but its crucial now.

Had to check Owen out for myself....they look good,darn good....21-0 with 4 minutes left in 1st quarter....Salisbury so far has about -19 yards on offense....reminds me alot of a little team that won it all a couple of years ago...West Stokes

I know one thing,,Owen is one good all around football team....only disadvantage they have is depth...was a pleasure watching you guys tonight...

Thanks are you from Newton? We have a great team. We are gonna ride this train as long as we can.

owen98,I believe you will beat Mt. Pleasant next week so I am going to go check out your opponent for the week after...I will make the trip down to see Shelby/Reidsville play and give a opinion on that game...so many good games next week but I always enjoy watching them two teams playing each other...I listened to the after game interviews with Kenny Ford and he is funny as heck....good luck to your warhorses next week,believe i'll be there in 2 weeks

Good job warhorses! Keep rolling one more win and ill be making the trip over from canton to watch your 4th round game! Good luck from the Bears!

Owen is rolling up the points on offense. Are they really that good or were they fortunate to catch 2 weak teams in the bracket?
Could be a great match up with Shelby in a couple weeks

Owen fans, do you prefer to be called Black Mountain Owen or Swannanoa Owen. I have seen it both ways in the paper recently.

Owen is legit, probably have the best player in wnc in Gardner, and they have good size and a stout D to help them out, A lot of teams have to sell out against them to stop the run which opens up play action. Beat a good ACR team earlier this year, Shelby will be the only thing standing between them and a trip to the State championship game

i do have a question for Owen posters did Gardner not try out for the shrine bowl? If he did and didnt make it, someone really messed up. no way there's no way there are 25 or 30 players better in the state

Originally posted by ImaCrestFan:
Owen is rolling up the points on offense. Are they really that good or were they fortunate to catch 2 weak teams in the bracket?
Could be a great match up with Shelby in a couple weeks

Owen fans, do you prefer to be called Black Mountain Owen or Swannanoa Owen. I have seen it both ways in the paper recently.
Or Reidsville.

They use Swannaboa and Blk Mtn because the school sits right in the middle of both communities and is the school formed from Swannanoa and Blk Mtn high schools so either one is fine. It doesn't matter. Jager is from Swannanoa so that fits for now.

Originally posted by bearalum04:
Owen is legit, probably have the best player in wnc in Gardner, and they have good size and a stout D to help them out, A lot of teams have to sell out against them to stop the run which opens up play action. Beat a good ACR team earlier this year, Shelby will be the only thing standing between them and a trip to the State championship game
Or Reidsville.

Originally posted by SHS LION:

Originally posted by bearalum04:
Or Reidsville.
we are looking for just a little confidence out of you my friend!

owen98 posted on 11/22/2014...
He did and he was not selected which blows my mind.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Surely you don't believe the Shrine Bowl selection is legit. Heck most of the best athletes don't even get told about the tryout. Selection is about your coaches connections unless you are a high profile area guy of the coach. Yes there are exception years. I saw a few on that list last couple years that were definitely not some of the better in the state.

The thing that kills me is that Jager played most of the year and did what he did, with a cast on his hand that he just recently got off this week I believe.

The kid is a workhorse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT