ADVERTISEMENT

Orange vs Eastern Alamance Scrimmage

tatermommy

Nov 19, 2011
Eastern has a strong team but they were thumped by a 'Motown' less 'Mr Smith comes to Hilsbro' Orange team. Marvante Beastly ran around loose and Pay-ton (Brian) Wilson brother of Bryce (Dennis) Wilson keep playing Beached Boy tunes aka 'Be True To Your School' to opposing teams. Orange has switched from the 'Moser Mash' to the one back run and shoot and some of the familiar coaching faces are in the stands. Orange will need to continue to improve because Hillside is loaded and S. Durham wants revenge for last years all time worst loss. Either of those teams could win the title. Especially since they were snubbed in the pre season top ten and will use the no respect thingy as a motivator. .

Does anyone else have any info on this scrimmage? Just curious how a mid-state team did or looked in EA. Thanks.

Eastern has a strong team but they were thumped by a 'Motown' less 'Mr Smith comes to Hilsbro' Orange team. Marvante Beastly ran around loose and Pay-ton (Brian) Wilson brother of Bryce (Dennis) Wilson keep playing Beached Boy tunes aka 'Be True To Your School' to opposing teams. Orange has switched from the 'Moser Mash' to the one back run and shoot and some of the familiar coaching faces are in the stands. Orange will need to continue to improve because Hillside is loaded and S. Durham wants revenge for last years all time worst loss. Either of those teams could win the title. Especially since they were snubbed in the pre season top ten and will use the no respect thingy as a motivator. .

I'm going to make sure I'm at Russell Blount Stadium early on October 13th. There will be standing room only. Game will feel like a Scotland County vs. Richmond County game, with about 6k less people. Russell Blount can fit around 4k. I think the conference will come down to these two, and regardless of the outcome, Orange will represent the Triangle well in 3A and Hillside will represent the Triangle well in 3AA. There could be 3 teams in the 3AA east playoffs alone that played in a state title game last year thanks to realignment. (Dudley, Eastern Guilford and Cape Fear will be tough. In 3A I believe that Orange is the front runner. Would not be surprised to see both playing in December. Routing for both to get a ring. S. Durham may be year away from contending again, extremely young. They have a dynamic freshman QB with a lot of young skill players around. They remind me of SD in 2012. That young team took it on the chin with a tough schedule that included Middle Creek, Dudley, and few others. But it prepared them for a state title run in 2013. Given all the youth I believe SD finishes 3rd. I think Northern Durham, Northwood, and Cedar Ridge will all be competitive with as they compete for 4-6. Chapel Hill bring up the rear.

Eastern had 6 defensive starters out plus o-guard out and a tackle that was at about 80%. I would have loved to see Eastern at a100 % They will not get their leading tackler back till 7th or 8th game. If they meet in playoffs it would be a good game!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT