ADVERTISEMENT

Orange Football

tatermommy

Nov 19, 2011
Any news. Real or imagined. What if a team were called the 'Hokey Pokies'. Why is the Dept of Interior in charge of everything outside. Do insurance companies pay act of God claims to atheists. Why is there a 'd' in fridge but not refrigerator. If someone tries to fail but succeeds, which one did they do.

Last edited:
Not hearing much. JV feeder team wore folks out again. Injuries claimed several on last years team. The Wilsons are gone. Hopefully the offense stays on the field more this year.

Why does Durham Tech have a satellite campus in Orange County. Is it to compete intellectually wif UNC.

I have heard Orange has had some transfer in because three other schools in the county are dropping football.

My uncle from Cleveland County used to eat cold bacon grease sandwiches and drink water out of the open rain barrel. He said live buggies crawling in his mouf reminded him of Veetnam. He joined up to keep from being drafted.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSO-Triple5
I also heard that there are some renovations coming to the athletic complex.

My Uncle Joe from Sutphin NC was missing a leg and all his teeth and wanted a reduced burial price. He coundnt be committed to the Butner State Mental Hospital because the Sheriff had a policy that said both legs had to be shackled. He said them docs say thangs that confuse me then say I'm crazy.

Football in the south side of the county is on the way out. E Chapel Hill is all but defunct and Carrboro is fading. Chapel Hill High is steadily receding from its feeder school to the JV team. The little league participation has all but stopped. This is due partly to the concussion scare and the general malaise left over from the UNC scandal.

I hear he has bought a house in SC and is looking to double dip.

I went to So Cackalacki on a visit to Parris Island. Them recruiters will lie to a fella. That motivational platoon still makes me hate sledge hammers. And my exwife said the word 'recycle' made me act strange. We made coffee by boiling burnt peanuts behind a rice paddy.

Last edited:
Maybe I meant the first amendedment. That Madison guy didnt his wife Dolly run a bakery. My Uncle June married a gal named Mianda, now he knows who the police was always warning him about. We shined a light on Uncle June and he touched his nose. Granny said he could smell the difference between grades of gasoline. He said the unleaded stuff was for rookies.

Why do y'all answer him. It just encourages his rants that have nothing to do with high school football.

Reactions: portcity FB
My cuzzin Ned from Shelby believes he was abducted by aliens. He said a light came on behind him and he saw a star then he was transported to a machine that examined his breff then he woke up in his trailer with a knot on his head. Granny 'Tube' Rose told him to google Court Calendar and type in his name. Cornfusion says, ' He who gets drunk in Cleveland County get sober in Shelby as in Seat County of. Can u canoe or cannot know.

COLD WATER
We used to go to a friends house to eat dinner, but always noticed that the plates were always dirty, we would always ask "why are the dishes dirty? he would answer "thats the best Cold Water can do." After a few times coming to his house for dinner, one night we were in the backyard playing with his hunting dog and said "Hey nice dog! whats his name?" he replied "Cold Water."

Looking forward to seeing Orange again this season but in Wilmington this year on 8/24. You guys have a great program and I am sure you will be ready to play.

I axed a docktor at the nervous hospital if y'all can put leeches on a patient can we put plates outside and let the flies clean em up and if not where do dried tomatoes come from. Well that got me 90 more days. Me and Jack Kerouac say the same things some guy from Haavard says but the results are Tommy Harvard makes movies and some phd candidate takes movies of us.

Alright...I’ll bite. The topic is about Orange but the person who started the thread has made several references to Shelby and Cleveland County...but has also not made one factual Or complete comment on orange, which I’m gonna be honest, I’ve never even heard of a school named orange but I digress, I feel this thread is the definition of flamming, and if it is not, then it is definitely annoying so if that was the goal then congrats.

If the earth spins toward the east does it add or take away from the distance of a punt. If youre catching the punt should you move up or back.

Last edited:
My cuzzin was a famous banjo player who was on the Beverly Hillbillies. My gramma said that she ate a liver mush sammich with Dukes mayo at George Sperlings house. I played little league football in the Shelby Bowl. Orange High is in Orange County NC. It has a sign in front. Its on Orange High Road. I asked several people at Orange Hi if they had ever heard of Orange Hi and 6 out of 10 said yes. I asted the same about Shelby and got no reply. They thought it was one of them Jedi mind trick questions.

Last edited:
Schools out! Time for entertaining posts about sub 4.0 40 yard dashes while doing Bruce Lee kicks and reading Algebra 3. The truth is that high school football is played with Al Bundy types whos career ends around the first week in November but gets better as the years go by. Grades keep most in the back yard then real college competition gets some that go on. A very special few get lucky in the gene pool and play on Sunday.

Correct. High school is where the real fun is then the business takes over. Most super bowl champs hardly wear their rings but a high school state champion ring is a family heirloom.

And OMG. A readable post. I guess oil money can hire good doctors.

Am hearing that football in Orange County is in real trouble. E Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Chapel Hill and Cedar Ridge are suffering from lack of participation. Orange High is the only school that can field a competitive team. This is a sad state of affairs. Not to many years age Carrboro played for a state championship and Chapel Hill and Cedar Ridge have fielded winning teams. E Chapel Hill has won basketball championships but those days are fading fast. There are players at all of these schools who want to play just for the enjoyment of the game. NCHSAA rules prohibit these players from playing at Orange.

Well maybe all the money is going to the 2.5 billion dollar 18 mile train and track from UNC to Duke. We used to hop the freight in Cleveland County and sing Johnny Cash songs while trailer park heroes threw rocks at us. We called our cuzzin on the cell phone and he would open their dog lots which we thought was really funny.

Ima hearing rumors boiling like Granny 'Tube' Rose's wash pot out back. Mt Eno rumbling. Cuzzing sanging 'Rocky Top'. Anybody wanna guess.

Now that Cedar Ridge has dropped football and football is fading except for Orange High.
What are students going to do that looked to football as a way of paying for college. And what are the kids going to do that needed football more than football needed them. For some it was the only structure in their life.

Football was on the way out at Orange Hi till Moser was hired and he put his foot back in football. Orange needs to be used as a shining example of how it could and should be done to get er done.

If football at Cedar Ridge was girls track, girls basketball or girls softball there would be a team or there would be a case in Federal Court quicker than a cat...

Alright...I’ll bite. The topic is about Orange but the person who started the thread has made several references to Shelby and Cleveland County...but has also not made one factual Or complete comment on orange, which I’m gonna be honest, I’ve never even heard of a school named orange but I digress, I feel this thread is the definition of flamming, and if it is not, then it is definitely annoying so if that was the goal then congrats.

Ask Mike Stewart , the ex Crest coach, if he's ever heard of Orange High since Hillsborough was his destination after leaving the infamous nightlife and temptations of Bawlin' Sprangs.

My Great Uncle Clod who worked for Kerr Scott, who stopped the Shelby Ring in the 40's, said he kept telling the tax collector in Shelby that he never lived in Cleveland and he hadnt never been outside NC. That cost him 90 more days in the Broughton Nervous Hospital. Orange High needs to be one of them magnet schools like other counties do and bring 'MotownMo' down from Eno Mountain to march along the sidelines Ozzie Osborne like. It would be bands with bongos, teams with tie dye, fans with fruit jars, the vegetarian and the Adkins addicts shall partake in killin' then grillin' and all shall spit the carcass 00 Buck in the parking lot can as a sign of brotherhood sorta like cornhole.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT