ADVERTISEMENT

Only One Upsets ( West , East Girls)

Dunno ask Prep LCS Bishop and North Stanly about them. Playoffs are about matchups. Get rid of the 2nd round conference rematches and roll the ball out.

Check the 4a as well. Bottom line 1a girls especially had some parity this year. You could have swapped any one of probably 6 teams where UA was and have the luck that GS had against Albemarle and that happens. GS got the benefit of having two refs of the 3 show up somehow who had been black listed how they got that game will forever confuse me. Anyway, Cherokee Murphy Mitchell Avery hayesville would have made it to today with UA draw. Playoffs are about matchups period. I’m a fan of the current format a couple of things I would like to see changed 1) after laying out the 64 teams and seeding split it 1W vs 16MW 1MW vs 16W. That way atleast your making an attempt to keep conference teams apart. 2) if your going to use MP then consider head to head and point differential. That’s about the only changes I would like from the current format. Overall I like it I just believe if your going to use a computer format you have to take the entire scope into account and they need to be transparent so coaches know how to schedule to maximize STR.

Upsets happen in the playoffs and will happen under any system that’s the fun in the playoffs. North Stanly beating Lincoln Charter is part of it you have 1 game give your best or go home. What most of everybody in and around the sports want is to roll the ball out if at all possible against teams they don’t see 2-3 times every single year lol

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Upsets happen in the playoffs and will happen under any system that’s the fun in the playoffs. North Stanly beating Lincoln Charter is part of it you have 1 game give your best or go home. What most of everybody in and around the sports want is to roll the ball out if at all possible against teams they don’t see 2-3 times every single year lol
No doubt Avery barely survived Thursday night against Mitchell for the 4th time to even play in 3rd round. That ma team was good and that sawyers kid is better than 2 years ago. Avery played a 4 quarter game and I am very proud of them. Murphy is going to be very tough .Avery sure hasn't had an easy draw. These last two games were brutal. And I think Albemarle would have beat ua.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
No doubt Avery barely survived Thursday night against Mitchell for the 4th time to even play in 3rd round. That ma team was good and that sawyers kid is better than 2 years ago. Avery played a 4 quarter game and I am very proud of them. Murphy is going to be very tough .Avery sure hasn't had an easy draw. These last two games were brutal. And I think Albemarle would have beat ua.

I called it from the tip. This years playoffs have a lot of parity. The games last night and moving forward are going to be great games probably from the looks of it even into the state championship.

Check the 4a as well. Bottom line 1a girls especially had some parity this year. You could have swapped any one of probably 6 teams where UA was and have the luck that GS had against Albemarle and that happens. GS got the benefit of having two refs of the 3 show up somehow who had been black listed how they got that game will forever confuse me. Anyway, Cherokee Murphy Mitchell Avery hayesville would have made it to today with UA draw. Playoffs are about matchups period. I’m a fan of the current format a couple of things I would like to see changed 1) after laying out the 64 teams and seeding split it 1W vs 16MW 1MW vs 16W. That way atleast your making an attempt to keep conference teams apart. 2) if your going to use MP then consider head to head and point differential. That’s about the only changes I would like from the current format. Overall I like it I just believe if your going to use a computer format you have to take the entire scope into account and they need to be transparent so coaches know how to schedule to maximize STR.

The coaches receive a notification of who the officials assigned to the game are, and if there is a blacklisted official assigned, they can notify the assigner and get it changed.

Reactions: recycled2
3 Big upsets in the boys, 2 in the west 1 in the east
Glad to see Bishop knock off Prep. I'm not going to get into the debate of advantaged schools v. traditional schools - but regardless of what people think, Bishop's coaches and AD have always been a class act. Some of their players can be overly arrogant, but that's the case with most every school. I have a ton of respect for the Bishop coaches (Thompson and Robinson). It's also sweet to see Prep lose early and especially to another NW1A team. Andre Gould's arrogance is abysmal. Go read the WS Journal article where he gives ZERO credit to Bishop. Jerk!

Glad to see Bishop knock off Prep. I'm not going to get into the debate of advantaged schools v. traditional schools - but regardless of what people think, Bishop's coaches and AD have always been a class act. Some of their players can be overly arrogant, but that's the case with most every school. I have a ton of respect for the Bishop coaches (Thompson and Robinson). It's also sweet to see Prep lose early and especially to another NW1A team. Andre Gould's arrogance is abysmal. Go read the WS Journal article where he gives ZERO credit to Bishop. Jerk!

I’ll agree with most of this. Coach Robinson on the girls side is a pure first class guy. I do not agree with Coach Thompson and his ways of getting kids to Bishop. However, I was glad they knocked off “The Prep Factory” or whatever WS Prep coaches calls themselves. Their coaches are as arrogant as they come.

Interested to see that North and Bishop matchup. Could be a good one

The coaches receive a notification of who the officials assigned to the game are, and if there is a blacklisted official assigned, they can notify the assigner and get it changed.

Coaches do not receive notification of who the officials are. The host schools admins get notification, becasue they have to pay them. After the 2nd round the officials are from associations not affiliated with either team.

Glad to see Bishop knhttps://www.journalnow.com/sports/prepzone/bishop-mcguinness-beats-winston-salem-prep-to-advance-in-playoffs/article_dc32cf01-9414-5152-ad72-c05997d7c02d.html#1ock off Prep. I'm not going to get into the debate of advantaged schools v. traditional schools - but regardless of what people think, Bishop's coaches and AD have always been a class act. Some of their players can be overly arrogant, but that's the case with most every school. I have a ton of respect for the Bishop coaches (Thompson and Robinson). It's also sweet to see Prep lose early and especially to another NW1A team. is abysmal. Go read the WS Journal article where he gives ZERO credit to Bishop. Jerk!
Here is the link from the sorer lose Andre Gould's arrogant remarks ... Also some great photos as you scroll on down the page. https://www.journalnow.com/sports/p...e_dc32cf01-9414-5152-ad72-c05997d7c02d.html#1

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT