ADVERTISEMENT

Old Times return to Robbinsville

smcknightfan

Nov 30, 2014
I was just reading from the Asheville CT Old times return to Robbinsville. And my mind took a trip down memory road. Man you talk about fun times at ballgames as a youngster when the Big Oaks lit up you just knew the Black Knights would win and win they did, with an all out effort from players,coaches and fans from the late 1960s thru the early 1980s the Black knights ruled the 1a ranks with 11 state championships from 1969 to 1983 and five in a row from 1979 to 1983 all under head coach Bob Colvin.

Things have really changed since then, but I consider those times as the most fun I ever had, man we would travel to places I had never been before, towns like Maxton come to mind also rosewood, Rock Ridge, Robersonville and Princeton are just a few of many the mighty knights would travel to. I remember some of the key players from other teams that we played in the playoffs , names like Mike Ackinson of Princeton James McDougald of Maxton and Bubba Waters of Bath high school Man what great players.

I am just so proud to be a Black Knight, although it has been a while since the Knights have been truly dominant dominant a championship in 1992 helped with my hunger a little bit, since then the knights have lost two western finals one in 1999 to Graham and again in 2009 to Mt. Airy. But my Black Knight Pride runs deep and I think it is time to once again rise to the Top Good Luck Black Knights finish the journey!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT