ADVERTISEMENT

Ok Lets Hear It ! !

Why would anyone post a roster before their season starts? You legally can't determine who is and isn't on your roster until practice starts.

Reactions: mbdfan
You probably won't see it until official practice begins TD . I checked for it last year multiple times it wasn't posted until week or two before first game I don't know why MA chooses to do this but they do
Probably wants to see which of the say for instance if a team has 47 players out for football, which makes varsity and which makes JVs. (Just a wild guess )

Tarboro having open enrollment isnt the same as murphy. Tarboro has a bigger advantage than murphy by far. EC isnt the same as a Charter school. All the tarboro fans on carolinapreps say you are wrong about them having open enrollment. Show a link for proof. If true then tarboro is basically a charter school with a big time advantage over all traditional public school.
Edgecombe County schools don’t have “open enrollment”. For example, my sister lives in Tarboro, but she attends Southwest Edgecombe because they offer certain AP classes that Tarboro doesn’t offer. She had to go through a long approval process to be able to attend. It’s not like kids can just pick and choose what ECPS school they want to attend. They have to have a legitimate reason to attend a school outside of their district within the county.

Edgecombe County schools don’t have “open enrollment”. For example, my sister lives in Tarboro, but she attends Southwest Edgecombe because they offer certain AP classes that Tarboro doesn’t offer. She had to go through a long approval process to be able to attend. It’s not like kids can just pick and choose what ECPS school they want to attend. They have to have a legitimate reason to attend a school outside of their district within the county.
Ah ok. I've known that there were kids attending SWE that lived in Tarboro for a while now. Perhaps not entirely "open" but exceptions are made obviously. Thanks for that insight, TV.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Hearing great reports of Swain County at 7 on 7 events. Passing game is going to much improved this season. This is a more athletic and dynamic team this season. Defenses will not be able to put 9 in the box!!

Hearing great reports of Swain County at 7 on 7 events. Passing game is going to much improved this season. This is a more athletic and dynamic team this season. Defenses will not be able to put 9 in the box!!
Easy to complete passes when nobody's in your face.

I hate to break it to people but with or without the Gosnells East will run the conference with ease and should be heavy favorites in the west. However without the speed of those brothers Tarboro will have their way in the title game if they both make it that far.

Yeah Tarboro is not open enrollment. They were a 2A school until 2012 when the charter opened in the same area. Alot of players did leave Tarboro to attend SWE, Rocky Mount, and the other Nash schools under whatever circumstances. Most players didn't want to play in 1A. Took Tarboro's football program some time to recover. But what you have in the aftermath is a 2A school in athletic numbers, but a 1A in overall enrollment numbers directly caused by the charter.

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
I shouldn't reply to this post in fear of 95 calling me a troll(but).This is the way I look at it in our situation, we for sure have an advantage over traditional 1A schools but with the way the rules are, there is nothing our program can do about it. I won't toe the party line saying we have no advantage, the truth will stand on it's on.

Yeah Tarboro is not open enrollment. They were a 2A school until 2012 when the charter opened in the same area. Alot of players did leave Tarboro to attend SWE, Rocky Mount, and the other Nash schools under whatever circumstances. Most players didn't want to play in 1A. Took Tarboro's football program some time to recover. But what you have in the aftermath is a 2A school in athletic numbers, but a 1A in overall enrollment numbers directly caused by the charter.
Som
dont forget about the Early College High School also! It’s 3 high schools in this area(Tarboro) That are literally 5 min away from each other!

Reactions: bud33345
Som

dont forget about the Early College High School also! It’s 3 high schools in this area(Tarboro) That are literally 5 min away from each other!
It was explained to me that early college was counted in the adm numbers in the last realignment since early college was in its infancy. Whether the NCSHAA accounts for this in the next alignment has not been addressed as far as I know.

Got to go with Tarboro in 1aa. Is there really another pick here?

1a can be tricky with bubble teams moving up and down. I give Mitchell a slight edge over Murphy at this time. If both those teams where above the line, Robbinsville would be in the driver seat in 1a.

1aa Tarboro...1a Murphy.. these 2 teams are the champs until some team can knock them off there throne..now they are going to be some really good teams this year East Surry was really good last year and should be ever better this year the 2 other teams I like to have a chance this year is Robinsville and Mitchell .if Robinsville can developers a passing game they will be hard to beat and Mitchell they have a well rounded team but as usually can they win the big game when all the marbles or on the line history says no but this may be there year they gave Murphy all the wanted last year and I believe they have more talent than Murphy this year, but you still have to beat them easier said than done.any way it should be a great year for high school football...

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Mitchell needs homefield throughout.

I think you are correct, but more than that they have to clear the mental hurdle. I feel confident that in the past few years that Mitchell was one of the best 1a teams in the state but cannot get over the SMC hurdle. I think that last year had Mitchell been able to hold on to beat Murphy, the next week, even with it being at home, the Robbinsville game would have been a huge challenge.

Mitchell would have been beaten up from the Murphy game and could have been overlooking Robbinsville. That would have been a huge mistake. I really believe that is part of what happened against Cherokee the year before. They had beaten them several times in a row and got taken out behind the shed.

I have said this before and will say it again. Never ever overlook any SMC team in the playoffs. History and tradition is on their side.

Hopefully at some point it will happen and Mitchell can get a ring. But regardless the past few years of being very very good has been fun. Especially compared to the overall history of the school.

Good luck to all and enjoy the season. It will be over way too soon.

Go Mountaineers

And the count down continues, only 3 DAYS till Football Season begins .... :D :D :D :D :D ...... Any final new top 10 predictions since there have been a few weeks of spring practice, 7 on 7s and scrimmages this summer ?

1. Tarboro
2. Murphy
3. East Surry
4. Mitchell
5. Robbinsville
6. Holmes
7. Swain
8. Starmount
9. Mt. Airy
10. MICS

Reactions: ncvol2381
My preseason rankings:
1. Tarboro
2. East Surry
3. Robbinsville
4. Mitchell
5. Swain
6. Murphy
7. Holmes
8. MICS
9. Pamlico County
10. Mt. Airy

My preseason rankings:
1. Tarboro
2. East Surry
3. Robbinsville
4. Mitchell
5. Swain
6. Murphy
7. Holmes
8. MICS
9. Pamlico County
10. Mt. Airy

I didn't get to see Robbinsville last year, but most Murphy fans have said that Mitchell was better last year, and return more.
I would have
1 Tarboro
2a East Surry
2b Mitchell
4 Murphy
5 Robbinsville
6 Holmes
7 Northampton
8 Mount Airy
9 Swain
10 Starmount

I think Northampton will come out of East this year over Pamlico, and Starmount will look more like their old selves. Murphy will have some early growing pains, but will be right in the mix later in the season. I heard good things about Swain for Heritage fans.

Reactions: Swaindad40
I didn't get to see Robbinsville last year, but most Murphy fans have said that Mitchell was better last year, and return more.
I would have
1 Tarboro
2a East Surry
2b Mitchell
4 Murphy
5 Robbinsville
6 Holmes
7 Northampton
8 Mount Airy
9 Swain
10 Starmount

I think Northampton will come out of East this year over Pamlico, and Starmount will look more like their old selves. Murphy will have some early growing pains, but will be right in the mix later in the season. I heard good things about Swain for Heritage fans.
Robbinsville lost 4 starters and a kicker off last years team. This years kicker is better.

Robbinsville lost 4 starters and a kicker off last years team. This years kicker is better.
Not trying to discredit the Knights, or be a homer for Mitchell (which I am), I just see Mitchell being the better team. Whether or not they can win at crunch time will be determined. I would gladly welcome the Knights back to Ledger. That was a fun game 2 years ago, the fans were class acts and the players showed top shelf sportsmanship.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
I think the SMC is tired of traveling to Ledger.!! Mitchell needs to experience the Big Oaks or The Hill...its a different ballgame .

Reactions: Gps62
I think the SMC is tired of traveling to Ledger.!! Mitchell needs to experience the Big Oaks or The Hill...its a different ballgame .
I may be wrong, but did Mitchell not play at Murphy a few years back in the playoffs.I would like to watch a game at Swain Robbinsville and Murphy..the only 2 SMC schools I've been to are Cherokee used to go with one of my friends to watch Mitchell play there back in the 80s ,and I played a game my junior year at Rosman I belive that was in 1982 they had some big rough boys...

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT