ADVERTISEMENT

Ok Lets Hear It ! !

Not sure I understand what this means.

Im not sure Mbuild knows the same is said to murphy. He might not know that in 2010 Murphy stopped counting the Early college kids. Before that they was 1aa. Since then they have been 1a and have won about 5 titles. None before.
I'm sure Murphy fans are hoping he quits telling other schools to count the EC kids.

I personally think all schools should count them for sports but not to get anymore money. Its more of an accurate interpretation of the sports teams.
450-50 non athletes=400.
What then is the difference in the
450 vs the 400? Nothing!
So why drop down if your athletics hasn't been affected in any way???

Im not sure Mbuild knows the same is said to murphy. He might not know that in 2010 Murphy stopped counting the Early college kids. Before that they was 1aa. Since then they have been 1a and have won about 5 titles. None before.
I'm sure Murphy fans are hoping he quits telling other schools to count the EC kids.

I personally think all schools should count them for sports but not to get anymore money. Its more of an accurate interpretation of the sports teams.
450-50 non athletes=400.
450 vs the 400? Nothing!
The charter school in Edgecombe County can't possibly be counted in Tarboro's numbers. They are not part of the Edgecombe public schools and there is no way the students from that school are eligible to play sports at THS. Are the kids that attend TCEC eligible to play for Murphy since TCEC is a public school? I don't know how your system works and honestly it doesn't really bother me one way or another. I know it bothers some because change never comes without someone complaining about it.

Edgecombe County didn't structure the school system with football in mind. SW Edgecome and North Edgecombe both "benefit" from having students countywide. It actually makes some sense frankly. Why should your tax dollars go to a school that you aren't allowed to send your children to? Just as an example, lets say SWE started a winterguard program. Why should my tax dollars go to provide winterguard for someone else's kids but not mine?

Reactions: PrepFanNC
The charter school in Edgecombe County can't possibly be counted in Tarboro's numbers. They are not part of the Edgecombe public schools and there is no way the students from that school are eligible to play sports at THS. Are the kids that attend TCEC eligible to play for Murphy since TCEC is a public school? I don't know how your system works and honestly it doesn't really bother me one way or another. I know it bothers some because change never comes without someone complaining about it.

Edgecombe County didn't structure the school system with football in mind. SW Edgecome and North Edgecombe both "benefit" from having students countywide. It actually makes some sense frankly. Why should your tax dollars go to a school that you aren't allowed to send your children to? Just as an example, lets say SWE started a winterguard program. Why should my tax dollars go to provide winterguard for someone else's kids but not mine?

Probably because some of their tax dollars provide for things at your children's school. To take it one step more, what about taxpayers that have no school age children? Should any of their tax dollars go to any public school? Do you still support your argument?

Last edited:
I think 8 of your top ten look good. I have my reservations about N. Stanley and Swain

IMO Swain should be ranked around 5 or 6 on this list. Expecting 15 seniors and a very strong running game. I expect them to be much improved in the passing game and better defensively over last season. Confident they will prove doubters wrong this season.

450-50 non athletes=400.
450 vs the 400? Nothing!

Why would have Murphy ever counted the EC kids? They are two completely separate schools.

Why would have Murphy ever counted the EC kids? They are two completely separate schools.
Because bk can’t listen to factual information and can’t understand how the system works. He has been informed numerous times that the EC is a separate school with their own athletics! Don’t try to educate him on the situation because he can’t understand logic!

Reactions: BulldogDad27-23
The reason they counted them before 2010 was because the EC kids didnt have sports. The EC and Murphy have over lapping disticts. Its not the same as Andrews and Murphy which have different districts.
I DO think Murphy should count them now.

I think we all agree that enrollment is used to try to give all schools a equal chance to succeed. Example if if a school grows by 100 they will have a better chance at fielding a solid team. If a school loses 100 they will have a harder time fielding a solid team. So the state moves you up or down depending on ur enrollment "because it affects your teams ability to compete. Swain had 600+ a few years back. Now Swain has about 550. Those 50 that are gone would been made up of band members, debate team members and FOOTBALL players. That drop by 50 would affect your football team. Now if Swain opened a EC and drop from 600 to 550 it WOULDN'T affect there football team because in that body of 50 kids wouldn't be any football players. So the 550 version of swain with a EC would have a better chance to compete than the 550 version that didnt have a EC because football players would be lost with a natural lose of kids. Some Murphy fans agree with this just not the ones with yeller shades on.

Please list the names of Murphy folks that agree with that. Two seperate schools equals two seperate enrollments.

Reactions: sbbbfan
Concerning the “who counts and who doesn’t” debate. It is relatively simple. If the Early College is structured as a school with “visiting students”, then that means that they are still a member of whatever school they came from.

Example: In Davidson County, if you attend their Early College, you do not count in the ADM of the school you came from. The Early College stands alone. There are no opportunities for a student to participate in extra curricular activities at the school in which they’d be attending otherwise. Other systems may decide to structure their Early Colleges differently.

However, if a student chooses to attend Yadkin Valley Regional Career Academy, they are still able to participate in the activities of the school in which they would be districted, therefore, they DO count in their original school’s ADM.

Clear as mud? Perhaps. But I don’t think people are knowing screwing with the numbers at the school. The numbers are way too much of a public record.

And whoever suggested that a traditional high school would be required to count the students who attend a charter school instead... That is absolutely ridiculous.

Probably because some of their tax dollars provide for things at your children's school. To take it one step more, what about taxpayers that have no school age children? Should any of their tax dollars go to any public school? Do you still support your argument?
I always support my arguments, especially when I think its grounded in some knowledge. The school district in Edgecombe County is set up so that if you are a county resident, you can enroll at any school in the county, regardless where in the county you reside. I was merely saying that in the cases I mentioned, it certainly is helpful for those that want their kids to get certain experiences as part of their education. In effect, all schools in Edgecombe belong to all the citizens. No, taxes are not optional for those that have no kids, but its good to have a school system that is responsive to all its citizens and makes them open to all citizens within that county.

Please list the names of Murphy folks that agree with that. Two seperate schools equals two seperate enrollments.

Look back on ncpreps and you will see the ones that said it.
2 separate schools with overlapping district lines. I dont think murphy is messing with the numbers or cheating in any way. I do think its an advantage and murphy fans are glad to have it.
So do you think 550 with a EC is the same as 550 without a EC.? Surely not.
One version doesnt affect the team while the other version most definitely does.

Look back on ncpreps and you will see the ones that said it.
2 separate schools with overlapping district lines. I dont think murphy is messing with the numbers or cheating in any way. I do think its an advantage and murphy fans are glad to have it.
So do you think 550 with a EC is the same as 550 without a EC.? Surely not.
One version doesnt affect the team while the other version most definitely does.
The stories of Tarboro and Murphy are kind of similar in that regard. The ADM numbers force you to play down a level from when you had your biggest success. I'm sure Murphy fans don't appreciate the shade thrown their way because they have to play in a separate playoff than Tarboro/MA/East Surry, etc. As a Tarboro fan, I really think we are a better fit for 2A, but unfortunately "playing up" isn't allowed anymore.

These narratives of messing with ADMs just seems a little petty to me. No one is doing anything shady. Everything is publicly available. The criticism regarding manipulating ADMs is usually perpetuated by simpletons or trolls anyway. It's not like there is anything factual they can point to that backs up what they are saying. Besides, it's easy to poke the bear when the bear can't reach you.

Tarboro having open enrollment isnt the same as murphy. Tarboro has a bigger advantage than murphy by far. EC isnt the same as a Charter school. All the tarboro fans on carolinapreps say you are wrong about them having open enrollment. Show a link for proof. If true then tarboro is basically a charter school with a big time advantage over all traditional public school.

Mitchell and Murphy cheats. Everyone knows it. The only difference is, Murphy has all those trophies to show for it lol.
Seriously tho, unless there is some key injuries, a surprise team, or the adm line gets moved a great deal, then I think the small 1a will be lead by Murphy/Mitchell (flip a coin), followed by Robbinsville (but not by much), and then Pamlico, or Northampton. Quite frankly, I think Pamlico was the most overrated team in the state last year (other than perhaps Mt Airy). They played 2 Quality teams all year, and got absolutely creamed by both.

Tarboro having open enrollment isnt the same as murphy. Tarboro has a bigger advantage than murphy by far. EC isnt the same as a Charter school. All the tarboro fans on carolinapreps say you are wrong about them having open enrollment. Show a link for proof. If true then tarboro is basically a charter school with a big time advantage over all traditional public school.
I live in Wilson these days. This is information given by what I consider a reliable source. However, if the Tarboro posters on carolinapreps say otherwise, I won't belabor the point. Heavens sake we already fuss enough among ourselves. I really don't care to drag another website of numb skulls into the fray. If its true, then oh well, Tarboro is a charter school (#eyeroll). If I'm wrong, I sincerely apologize for misleading anyone.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
BK, any word on whether the rumor is true that we'll be missing one of our key pieces this year? I'm sure you've heard who it is, so I won't say a name. Hope it isn't true though. I've been out of town working and just filtered down to me.

The count down is on, only 8 more Friday night till Football Season begins .... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ...... Any new top 10 predictions since there have been a few weeks of spring practice and 7 on 7s ?

Last edited:
Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
Viking stadium will be rocking. The atmosphere is going to be like a playoff game with 3A Rocky Mount. It's be awhile since we've played them and the games were always intense. Rocky Mount fields a very good team and it will be a good measuring stick for us.

You probably won't see it until official practice begins TD . I checked for it last year multiple times it wasn't posted until week or two before first game I don't know why MA chooses to do this but they do

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT